+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I continue studying university in my home country? I'm going to apply for a student visa soon

emmanguyen

Jan 5, 2024
Hello everyone! I would appreciate your advice on my situation. While waiting for my application to study in Canada in Fall 2024, I decided to enroll in university. However, I still need to prepare some documents for Canada and may apply for a student visa in 2 or 3 weeks. The first semester at my current university is ending soon, and the second semester begins on January 15th. I want to continue studying until I have my visa, but it is costly. I am considering either quitting or applying for a leave of absence. Will this decision be seen as a gap year or a lack of commitment to my education? I would like some guidance on what to do.

Thanks so much. Have a great day!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone! I would appreciate your advice on my situation. While waiting for my application to study in Canada in Fall 2024, I decided to enroll in university. However, I still need to prepare some documents for Canada and may apply for a student visa in 2 or 3 weeks. The first semester at my current university is ending soon, and the second semester begins on January 15th. I want to continue studying until I have my visa, but it is costly. I am considering either quitting or applying for a leave of absence. Will this decision be seen as a gap year or a lack of commitment to my education? I would like some guidance on what to do.

Your decision. What is wrong with a gap year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It didn’t make sense to start studying if you wanted to go to Canada. What is your education and work history and what do you want to study and at what in Canada? Had you graduated last Summer and what did you start studying in the fall?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Continue studying at your current University. Since you will have to include that information in your background information, VO may conclude on "Purpose of Visit". A student quit studies to go somewhere to study...

emmanguyen

Jan 5, 2024
Continue studying at your current University. Since you will have to include that information in your background information, VO may conclude on "Purpose of Visit". A student quit studies to go somewhere to study...
Thanks, I guess I should continue to study. Have a great day!

emmanguyen

Jan 5, 2024
It didn’t make sense to start studying if you wanted to go to Canada. What is your education and work history and what do you want to study and at what in Canada? Had you graduated last Summer and what did you start studying in the fall?
Really? I did not know that information. I'm just a high school leaver, I graduated in June 2023 and began to study uni in Sept.