+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I change from Inland to Outland or should I cancel the app?

wrandelva

Oct 2, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied EE inland through CEC in Oct. 2018, and after that applied a BOWP. Now I'm on implied status. However, something emergency happend to my family and I have to leave Canada and go back home, and don't know when can be back. Since my app is still in processing, I'm just wondering can I switch from inland to outland or do I have to cancel my app?

Please let me know and thank you kindly.

Evident

Oct 30, 2018
You don't get to switch as such, just send a CSE about changes in place of residence and you will be fine. Once you have been invited under CEC, your application remains CEC unless you cancel the application. Inland or Outland doesnt really matter much for any of the categories.

wrandelva

Oct 2, 2018
You don't get to switch as such, just send a CSE about changes in place of residence and you will be fine. Once you have been invited under CEC, your application remains CEC unless you cancel the application. Inland or Outland doesnt really matter much for any of the categories.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Taimy

Mar 2, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply.
Hi,
I am in the similar situation. I have cec under process and i have to fly back home.
As my pgwp and visa in expring soon as well and i dont think i will be able to fly back to canada in time, i might have to request my application be transferred to outland.
Were you able to do it and if so then how

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Hi,
I am in the similar situation. I have cec under process and i have to fly back home.
As my pgwp and visa in expring soon as well and i dont think i will be able to fly back to canada in time, i might have to request my application be transferred to outland.
Were you able to do it and if so then how
Inland, Outland is what people came up with. CIC doesn't do that. Just let them know about the current address change.

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Hello Folks,

In a very similar situation right now, can anyone of you share your experience. Thanks!