+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should i be worried

Domiscotian

Sep 13, 2012
I am a Canadian woman married to a Dominican I filed the application Nov 11 2011 Feb 2012 it was sent to the office in Santo Domingo a few weeks after we were sent a letter stating they received the application and it should take about 6 to 12 months and how to prepare for Canada. I have writing to them almost every other month since then for an update on the status of our application the last response was in July stating they are awaiting an officer to handle our file. I wrote back because at that point it was to be assumed my file was literally laying around somewhere in limbo doing nothing. They have not written me back since my file has had almost 10 months should I be freaking out because I am. We were married in DR May 2011 we applied for a visitors visa but was rejected of course....I am really glad I found this site because I thought I was losing my mind all alone.....input plz

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
You can check the progress/status of your file online.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Domiscotian

Sep 13, 2012
it says decision made it has said that since it arrived in Dom Rep when the application was in Canada at least you had a number to call but now since its been there its all by email and they reply on their time if at all. I guess they don't update the online status while its abroad??? I feel like I have been waiting forever

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Domiscotian said:
it says decision made it has said that since it arrived in Dom Rep when the application was in Canada at least you had a number to call but now since its been there its all by email and they reply on their time if at all. I guess they don't update the online status while its abroad??? I feel like I have been waiting forever
Processing time on the website says it takes 14 months for 80% of apps from Dominican Republic since the time they received the package in that office. I know it sucks but after 14 months you can take further action like contact your MP for some assistance. BTW that's Forever! It sucks you were waiting so long.

Domiscotian

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for the input Steph c how do you the know the percentages of applications filed? 80% in 14 months is terrible stats because its like all the papers go full term. I have been to DR 3 times in the last 400 days I just want to start my life with my new husband. I feel like I am being punished for falling in love with a person outside of Canada. I know their job is to protect Canada from ppl that are coming here on false pretenses but for ppl that are sponsoring ppl taking on full financial responsibility full social responsibility not refugee status or something that would probably eventually become a user of welfare old age pension or some other type of govt paid financial help. I guess I am back to the plan which is unfortunately just waiting....I hope it doesn't go the full 14 months but if it does what do I do Step c said something about writing my mp what do I say and what else could I do?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
If you've been waiting 10 months and your spouse has not been convoked to an interview, it's likely it's just background and personal history checks that are taking up the time. This can actually be a good thing, it can mean there isn't doubt about the genuineness of your relationship and they are just carrying out their checks to verify the information submitted. That can take some time, depending on your spouse's personal history, especially if he has moved around a lot, or traveled outside the country often, that kind of thing.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Before you go writing to your MP, that is something you can do for yourself, to get an idea of what's going on with the file.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Domiscotian said:
Thanks for the input Steph c how do you the know the percentages of applications filed?
haha, magic. Actually it says it here. There's a more detailed sheet on this I saw somewhere but I can't remember where it is online.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

You can order notes with this form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf