+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I be worried?No refund from Algoma University as I’ve submitted my CAD 19000

Jan 6, 2019
As I’ve submitted my whole fees of one year at once,which was CAD 19000 but due to personal reasons I’m going back to India as this Algoma university has initially registered me and on my portal it was written that you will get 100 percentage of refund if you apply before 11 january but the accounts department so rude that they said you will only get refund after the cancellation of visa and that will be also 100 percentage as I’ve showed them tickets to India also but the whole staff is saying that you only will get refund after the cancellation of visa as stated on phone conversation,but i said give me written but they were not providing me written and next day i wrote to dean of university that I’m going to suicide,as what face i will showing to my parent as that money is of their harwork you can’t hold that money and one of the staff after few hours sent me in written that you will only get refund after the cancellation of visa and showing the documentation of it.

Should I be worried?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Have you officially withdrawn from your program? You should get 100% back if you withdraw before 12th January. You should definitely be worried if they are telling you otherwise, make sure you have proof of your withdrawal, you might need to get a lawyer involved in worst case.

Jan 6, 2019
Have you officially withdrawn from your program? You should get 100% back if you withdraw before 12th January. You should definitely be worried if they are telling you otherwise, make sure you have proof of your withdrawal, you might need to get a lawyer involved in worst case.
I’ve withdrawled from the course and also I hve also written proof from the staff that he has put withdrawed and only i will get refund on condition that I should cancel my visa which i also have written proof.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
How are you going to cancel visa? This is not a real condition of getting refund as far as I know. Ask them to show you the Fee Refund Schedule or their official refund policy.

Jan 6, 2019
How are you going to cancel visa? This is not a real condition of getting refund as far as I know. Ask them to show you the Fee Refund Schedule or their official refund policy.
Their refund policy is that if you are applying before 11 january then you will get 100 percentage refund as on my portal they showed as per policy but afterwards on the phone conversation,according to staff not to policy they said only if you are registered and if you are unregistered and dont wish to attend algoma university then you have to go back India and cancel your visa to get full refund they said and They hve also wrote by an email that you have to cancel your visa by going back to and moreover in India for cancellation of visa through vfs global is possible and will take approximately 10 days. For the stamp of cancellation on Temporary Resident Visa affix on passport.

May 26, 2020
Their refund policy is that if you are applying before 11 january then you will get 100 percentage refund as on my portal they showed as per policy but afterwards on the phone conversation,according to staff not to policy they said only if you are registered and if you are unregistered and dont wish to attend algoma university then you have to go back India and cancel your visa to get full refund they said and They hve also wrote by an email that you have to cancel your visa by going back to and moreover in India for cancellation of visa through vfs global is possible and will take approximately 10 days. For the stamp of cancellation on Temporary Resident Visa affix on passport.

Hi Brother, Did You Got The Refund? Also In Case, I Don't Want To Come Back To India, Only Want To Change My University Than How Much Will They Refund & In How Much Time?

Savan986

Dec 11, 2020
As I’ve submitted my whole fees of one year at once,which was CAD 19000 but due to personal reasons I’m going back to India as this Algoma university has initially registered me and on my portal it was written that you will get 100 percentage of refund if you apply before 11 january but the accounts department so rude that they said you will only get refund after the cancellation of visa and that will be also 100 percentage as I’ve showed them tickets to India also but the whole staff is saying that you only will get refund after the cancellation of visa as stated on phone conversation,but i said give me written but they were not providing me written and next day i wrote to dean of university that I’m going to suicide,as what face i will showing to my parent as that money is of their harwork you can’t hold that money and one of the staff after few hours sent me in written that you will only get refund after the cancellation of visa and showing the documentation of it.

Should I be worried?
Hello, have you got refund or not ?

in my case, I change my mind in 10 days after paying fees,

will Algoma university refund me without showing REFUSAL LETTER ?

Is anyone knows how to deal with REFUND for ALGOMA University ?

What will be the last date of getting refund ?

Please help me who have previous experiences with this..

Thanks a lot.

ankitvile

Jan 12, 2022
Hello, have you got refund or not ?

in my case, I change my mind in 10 days after paying fees,

will Algoma university refund me without showing REFUSAL LETTER ?

Is anyone knows how to deal with REFUND for ALGOMA University ?

What will be the last date of getting refund ?

Please help me who have previous experiences with this..

Thanks a lot.
Going through the same drill. Let me know if there were any success getting a refund without a refusal from IRCC. I am canceling due to serious health concerns. Can that be a good reason to mail to the college?

AviJ

May 13, 2021
Hi folk…I have enrolled in Algoma university for Winter 2023 intake..I have missed the withdrawal deadline from the course..so now May I withdraw my course in 2nd term and get the half refund ??

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi folk…I have enrolled in Algoma university for Winter 2023 intake..I have missed the withdrawal deadline from the course..so now May I withdraw my course in 2nd term and get the half refund ??
What's the reason of your withdrawal? If I can ask