+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I ask my employer to apply for LMIA

maximdby

Jul 6, 2013
I am a PGWP holder and have permanent full time employment working since 2013 April.

NOC: 2175 (Skill A)

I made a EE profile and my score is 422.

I created a profile on job bank to activate my EE profile.

Should I ask my employer to apply for LMIA or wait in hopes that I will receive ITA soon ( Im not in a hurry my PGWP is valid till next year )

What are the prospects of me getting an ITA with the above score in EE (422)

Should I speak to my employer about LMIA for an existing postion, I read in other threads that the employer will have put the position as a vacancy on job bank and rehire us, this process seems very murky.

Thank you

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
i don't really know what should I reply...but from this forum I got an idea that majority of the LMIA;s got rejection...so its kind a time waste...if you can go for PNP then go ahead for 600 more points...and nobody can tell you that by having 422 point you will have a chance to get ITA.

Current statistics showing that cut off points are getting lower...in last draw it was in 700 range so may be it goes down till 400 row but nobody sure...I have a question, you have been working from April 2013 so brother why dint you apply for CEC in April'2014?

Anyway best of luck buddy

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
maximdby said:
Any help appreciated. thanks
I suggest that you wait till summer and see how the score pattern is going, and if there any way to raise your score a little bright now it take it immediately.

maximdby

Jul 6, 2013
hopeful.ad said:
i don't really know what should I reply...but from this forum I got an idea that majority of the LMIA;s got rejection...so its kind a time waste...if you can go for PNP then go ahead for 600 more points...and nobody can tell you that by having 422 point you will have a chance to get ITA.

Current statistics showing that cut off points are getting lower...in last draw it was in 700 range so may be it goes down till 400 row but nobody sure...I have a question, you have been working from April 2013 so brother why dint you apply for CEC in April'2014?

Anyway best of luck buddy
Hi thanks for your reply.

I waited till July to start my application process since my PGWP was issued in July 2013, so 1 year , before that I was working on off-campus WP that allows you to work 40 hours when not in school- so I pretty much worked the first 4 months on that.

Anyways, Since ive spent over a year in the USA, I had to apply for a police clearance certificate from USA. That only came back in early november. I sent my application in november and it was returned in mid Feb since the cap of 8000 applicants was met. In my case I think if I wouldve have sent my application in october I cudve gotten through. so a series of unfortunate events and my lack of discipline in getting all the paperwork ready before I was eligible.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
maximdby said:
Hi thanks for your reply.

I waited till July to start my application process since my PGWP was issued in July 2013, so 1 year , before that I was working on off-campus WP that allows you to work 40 hours when not in school- so I pretty much worked the first 4 months on that.

Anyways, Since ive spent over a year in the USA, I had to apply for a police clearance certificate from USA. That only came back in early november. I sent my application in november and it was returned in mid Feb since the cap of 8000 applicants was met. In my case I think if I wouldve have sent my application in october I cudve gotten through. so a series of unfortunate events and my lack of discipline in getting all the paperwork ready before I was eligible.
in which province are you in?

is that easy to get PNP from that province?

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
hmm...I think you should explore that idea then decide what you have to do...there are lot of threads going ion related to Ontario PNP..I am not from Ontario so I don't have much idea about PNP of that province.

Thanks

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
maximdby said:
Ontario.

I have not explored the PNP option.
I have the same problem as you! My PGWP expires next year july, im in ontario, my application came back in Feb because of max cap reached, wondering if i should apply for LMIA or not... PNP in Ontario is not open for EE yet, or at least they havent updated us on that.. So LMIA is our best bet for now, or wait. I'm waiting to talk to my HR about getting an LMIA also. Not sure if I will get it or not because I will have to ask for a raise as well, and I'm new in the company.