+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I apply via Express Entry or Self Employed

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone

First of all , I dont know if I can duplicate messages (I wrote under business immigration section too.)but I believe both kind of applicants have sth to say about my situation.

I have two bachelors degree that I obtained out of canada (electrical engineering,business administration )
Post graduate degree (centennial college project management)
Good level of english

After graduation I havent worked in any of those field , I started to play poker professionally
so far this year I have made about 90k.
I am quite sure in this specific field of poker I am the most winning canadian this year.

My work permit is going to end on April 2019.
There is a NOC category for poker players (5251-B /athletes/poker player)
The processing time for self employed person is 50 months

So should I apply via express entry or self employed category ?

I am kind of information blind in this case, so any information would help.

appreciate

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are planning on using such NOC as your Primary NOC you will not qualify under the CEC program.

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
If you are planning on using such NOC as your Primary NOC you will not qualify under the CEC program.
on cic website it is written that for CEC self employement hours doesnt count
but I could not see the same note under FSW section , I believe it is gonna count under FSW .

Do you have any info about that ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was self-employed for a year in Canada and a FSW applicant, I can tell you for certain you will not get any points for your Canadian work experience.

If you were self-employed outside of Canada then you could use such work experience to become eligible under the FSW applicant and to claim points for it.

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
so if it is not going to count under cec , fsw there is no possibility for any self employed to get an ITA
that is what I understand

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well your understanding is incorrect as I mentioned that those who are self-employed and who work outside of Canada can claim points and meet the eligibility criteria for the FSW program.

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
``who are self-employed and who work outside of Canada can claim points and meet the eligibility criteria for the FSW program.``
same condition work inside of Canada not counted??
is this a punishment for living in Canada ?

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
I have a foreign work experience ,
I have worked a year but about 60 hours per week. if I prove that, is it going to be counted 2 years of work experience or still a year ?