+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply under H&C application? Please help.

nilmamak7

Sep 9, 2021
Hi All,

My mother is a widow and she lost her only son (my brother) recently in Covid. My mom is living with my sisters-in-law and nephew but her situation is very tough right now as she doesn't have strong family support. Her most of siblings passed away except one sister who is a widow so she doesn't have strong family support in India. She is 70+. I applied for her visitor visa which was rejected in 2011 and I tried my luck for sponsorship last year but had no luck. I am her only daughter and I am worried about her mental distress. What should I do in this situation? can I apply under H&C?

I really appreciate your help & thank you in advance.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

Sorry, but your mother needs to be in Canada to be able to apply under H&C; you can not apply on her behalf if she is outside of Canada. Even if she were in Canada and had applied, I don't believe she would have a strong case because she still has family and an existing support system back in India. I think the best option would be for you to try the parental sponsorship stream again when it reopens, although it is unknown when it will.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest applying for a supervisa if she wants to come to Canada. You can keep applying for PGP. She is living with his nephew and her grandchild so she does have a support network and she is also their support network.

nilmamak7

Sep 9, 2021
Would suggest applying for a supervisa if she wants to come to Canada. You can keep applying for PGP. She is living with his nephew and her grandchild so she does have a support network and she is also their support network.
Thanks for your suggestion.