+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I apply this September or in next 2 years?

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
hello and best wishes to all,

I will be able to apply for citizenship this September, however, I am studying the nursing program in Quebec, which there are 2 years remaining. It demands a great deal of efforts. That's why I decide to apply for citizenship in the next two years (after graduation). I don't want to study for nursing courses and citizenship test at the same time. Moreover, I was under implied status (inland family sponsorship). I remained unemployed from December 2010 - May 2012 when I was granted PR status. I started school in August 2012 until now.

I am afraid they will flagged me for being unemployed for so long due to being under implied status.
However, if I filed my application in the next two years, the time first counted would be when I started my school.

I don't mind being under the new rule of 4 out of 6 years and the intention to stay in Canada

I am not sure if this way is safer or will trigger RQ, So,I need advice from you guys.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
grippy said:
hello and best wishes to all,

I will be able to apply for citizenship this September, however, I am studying the nursing program in Quebec, which there are 2 years remaining. It demands a great deal of efforts. That's why I decide to apply for citizenship in the next two years (after graduation). I don't want to study for nursing courses and citizenship test at the same time. Moreover, I was under implied status (inland family sponsorship). I remained unemployed from December 2010 - May 2012 when I was granted PR status. I started school in August 2012 until now.

I am afraid they will flagged me for being unemployed for so long due to being under implied status.
However, if I filed my application in the next two years, the time first counted would be when I started my school.

I don't mind being under the new rule of 4 out of 6 years and the intention to stay in Canada

I am not sure if this way is safer or will trigger RQ, So,I need advice from you guys.
I suggest to apply as you complete your resident requirement. You may or may not get RQ ( some people get RQ without any reason). but I don't see any big reason for waiting. Now the RQ process is fast. So even if you get RQ the you will get your citizenship within 2 years.

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grippy said:
I don't want to study for nursing courses and citizenship test at the same time.

Seriously? :D

You probably ignore how easy the actual test is, IMO you need to go through the book once (1 hour max) and try a sample exam > guaranteed pass.