+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I apply right nowor after divorce.

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
Also , You should have access to his legal documents to conduct these tests , however you would need her consent since she is his legal guardian. This can be solved with a bit of strategy, you need to get these documents (at least his original passport) to do medical test. How you get them is up to you , make sure you don't get caught :D:D:D
Sorry! but, what do you mean by her legal consent? I will see my son once a week and then I can take him to conduct the medical exam, I don't need her consent for this!!!!

As for his legal documents, I will create a passport for him and seize all his original documents before starting the divorce process. Is that all right???

However, some seniors here said that even though the custody goes with the mother, he's still a dependent on me????? We need a confirmation for this as it's a vital part of the process???

Kindly advise!! Ireally appreciate your time and help, I am preplexed at the moment!!!

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
This is completely wrong. Custody does NOT determine if a child is a dependent or not. Even if the mother has full custody, the child is still a dependent.
Do you mean that even if the mother gets the custody and I paid the monthly child support, he will be a dependent on me??????

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
If you state that your child is no longer your dependent you can never sponsor them in the future. You still have partial custody. What you really need to do is file for divorce and only include your child as non-accompanying. Your child will still have to do a medical exam. Canada is expensive. would encourage you to save a bit more money.
Could you please elucidate more!!! what does dependent mean? the custody will go with the mother and I will have to regularly pay a monthly fee for the child support until he reached the age of 18 (usually between $80 to $100 per month). My plan is to reside in Canada and make him a better future and bring him with me later after maybe 10 years!!

Could you please explain what is the best approach and what I will need????? Thank yo so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry! but, what do you mean by her legal consent? I will see my son once a week and then I can take him to conduct the medical exam, I don't need her consent for this!!!!

As for his legal documents, I will create a passport for him and seize all his original documents before starting the divorce process. Is that all right???

However, some seniors here said that even though the custody goes with the mother, he's still a dependent on me????? We need a confirmation for this as it's a vital part of the process???

Kindly advise!! Ireally appreciate your time and help, I am preplexed at the moment!!!
Do you mean that even if the mother gets the custody and I paid the monthly child support, he will be a dependent on me??????
There is no question about this. The child remains your legal dependent regardless of whether you have custody or not.

Reactions: smith2

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
There is no question about this. The child remains your legal dependent regardless of whether you have custody or not.
then it's $15,772 plus medical exams!!!!! Thanks for the information. I have another question: my father will sells his flat and gives me that $15,772 so my question is should I vest it to my bank acount at once or divide it into monthly instalments? or what is the best appraoch? Thank you agian

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
No you can't establish this if the court decision is made in her favor and that child support is clearly stated to be paid by you. There is nothing you can do to change this.

However, once you are divorced and she got the custody as per the court decision then she and your kid aren't your dependents anymore beacuse she holds attorney powers over him till he reach age of majority in your country/state.
I don't think that's how it works. Children always remain dependents...

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
then it's $15,772 plus medical exams!!!!! Thanks for the information. I have another question: my father will sells his flat and gives me that $15,772 so my question is should I vest it to my bank acount at once or divide it into monthly instalments? or what is the best appraoch? Thank you agian
Yes, it will be 15 772CA$ for a family of 2. He can sell the house, give the money to you in full, along with a gift deed from him. That's for the scenario where you apply AFTER your divorce. Your child WILL always remain your dependent, and WILL have to undergo a medical exam. And if he's above 18 years old, will have to provide police report as well. No way around this.

If you cannot get the medical exam done for your child, the only remaining option will be to waive your right to ever sponsor him in the future. Tough decision to take though...

If you apply before divorce, you'll have to show funds for family of 3, in which case even your wife will have to undergo a medical exam, even if she's non-accompanying.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I won't have enough funds for 3 members. As I said I can only provide proofs of funds for myself. As for the child custody, the woman always gets the custody here, but as you said, my wife is an evil and wicked woman and she won't let me undergo the medical exam for the child which makes the divorce first as the best approach. But how long should the medical exam lasts. Is it okay if I take my child to the doctor to conduct the medical exam before starting the device which will take at least 7 months???

if the medical exams last for one year it would be great??

Thank you for the support!!
The medical exam is valid for 1 year. You shouldn't take too long to submit your application after that, to avoid having your medicals expire in the middle of the process.
Yes you can (and should) do the medical exam before starting the application. It's an upfront exam.
If she's as non-cooperative as you describe, then applying before the divorce doesn't seem to be an option, because if you apply as married, she'll have to undergo medical exam as well.
Applying after divorce will only leave the challenge of medical exam for the child. You'll need to provide passport to the doctor for that to be done, so make sure you have it.

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
Yes, it will be 15 772CA$ for a family of 2. He can sell the house, give the money to you in full, along with a gift deed from him. That's for the scenario where you apply AFTER your divorce. Your child WILL always remain your dependent, and WILL have to undergo a medical exam. And if he's above 18 years old, will have to provide police report as well. No way around this.

If you cannot get the medical exam done for your child, the only remaining option will be to waive your right to ever sponsor him in the future. Tough decision to take though...

If you apply before divorce, you'll have to show funds for family of 3, in which case even your wife will have to undergo a medical exam, even if she's non-accompanying.
Your time to answer my question is highly appreciated. Thank you so much. by the way what do you mean by 'a gift deed from him'? What happened if I took the mony and deposed it little by little? would that be okay? otherwise what is the ideal way to prof funds?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Your time to answer my question is highly appreciated. Thank you so much. by the way what do you mean by 'a gift deed from him'? What happened if I took the mony and deposed it little by little? would that be okay? otherwise what is the ideal way to prof funds?
For proof of funds, IRCC actively looks for evidence of an inflow of money specifically to meet minimum funds requirement. That could be a loan, or simply money you borrowed from someone around you. It's okay for you receive money as gift from a family member for this, but it cannot be a loan used just to meet funds minimum, and they want to be sure about this.

So, how they do this is by looking at sudden and unexplained spikes of money. In your case, sure, you can put small sums of money into the account every now and then, but you run the risk of being suspected of borrowing money for immigration purposes, and have your application suddenly stall. Why take that risk when you can simply get a gift deed from your dad? It's completely normal. Many applicants do it for a sum they received from a parent. Plus, IRCC will judge POF also based on your professional situation, and your account balance starting from 6 months earlier. So say for example, your account is empty now, and money starts to appear regularly every month whilst not having a job, they may get suspicious (Probably not your case, but just making a point). Not even to mention that with your method, you'll have to wait many months until your account adds up to the actual minimum funds before applying.

A gift deed is simply a document signed and notarized by a family member, stating that they have given you X amount of money as a gift and free of responsibility of reimbursement, to be used specifically for immigration to Canada purposes. That's it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you sure you qualify for immigration before your parents see their home? What is your CRS score? Would focus on the divorce issue. I wouldn't do medicals upfront if your divorce hasn't been resolved. It doesn't seem like any paperwork has been started. It will only be valid for a year.

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
For proof of funds, IRCC actively looks for evidence of an inflow of money specifically to meet minimum funds requirement. That could be a loan, or simply money you borrowed from someone around you. It's okay for you receive money as gift from a family member for this, but it cannot be a loan used just to meet funds minimum, and they want to be sure about this.

So, how they do this is by looking at sudden and unexplained spikes of money. In your case, sure, you can put small sums of money into the account every now and then, but you run the risk of being suspected of borrowing money for immigration purposes, and have your application suddenly stall. Why take that risk when you can simply get a gift deed from your dad? It's completely normal. Many applicants do it for a sum they received from a parent. Plus, IRCC will judge POF also based on your professional situation, and your account balance starting from 6 months earlier. So say for example, your account is empty now, and money starts to appear regularly every month whilst not having a job, they may get suspicious (Probably not your case, but just making a point). Not even to mention that with your method, you'll have to wait many months until your account adds up to the actual minimum funds before applying.

A gift deed is simply a document signed and notarized by a family member, stating that they have given you X amount of money as a gift and free of responsibility of reimbursement, to be used specifically for immigration to Canada purposes. That's it.

Waw, your clarification are black and white. Thank you so much for all the time you have given to this thread. I will make my father sigh this deed gift document. DO I have to write it by myself or there is a model sample I have to follow?

Some of my document are in both Arabic and French, should I translate them or they won't bother seeing Arabic alongside with French??

Thank you so much for your invaluable help, that has cleared 80% of my worries. You are a lifesaver. May God blesses you, Problems neglect you, and heaven accept you.

smith2

Mar 13, 2019
Are you sure you qualify for immigration before your parents see their home? What is your CRS score? Would focus on the divorce issue. I wouldn't do medicals upfront if your divorce hasn't been resolved. It doesn't seem like any paperwork has been started. It will only be valid for a year.
My score would be 441 after all these procedures.