+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for PRTD or have someone bring my PR card to me

salmannnn

Apr 28, 2023
So I became a pr and had to leave Canada after spending 11 days due to some personal reasons, I am ofcourse in possession of my copr and have already applied for a PR card. I'm wondering should I apply for PRTD or I should just a relative of mine to bring my PR with them when they're travelling to my home country incase I get it within 52 days which is the norm. Please advise me, is applying for PRTD worth it or I should opt the second option.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I became a pr and had to leave Canada after spending 11 days due to some personal reasons, I am ofcourse in possession of my copr and have already applied for a PR card. I'm wondering should I apply for PRTD or I should just a relative of mine to bring my PR with them when they're travelling to my home country incase I get it within 52 days which is the norm. Please advise me, is applying for PRTD worth it or I should opt the second option.
When your PR card arrives in Canada, your relative or whoever can courier it to you or bring it by hand, whatever works. Only question is timing, you'll have to decide for yourself whether it's safer to apply for the PRTD just in case. You can do both really - apply for PRTD and if you get the card in time, all the better.