+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SHOULD I ACCEPT OR DECLINE ITA !!!

harry1990

Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

As per my calculation i have 1 year and 11 month of work exp. But when i enter in express entry profile it gives me point for full 2 years. Now my point is 458 and hopefully i will receive an invitation in next draw.

So should i accept or decline ?

WORK EXPERIENCE:

1. 27th OCT 2014 - 10th MARCH 2015
2. 24TH AUG 2015 - PRESENT

PLEASE HELP !! :eek: :eek:

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
your work experience is 134 days for first work period, and 531 days for second period, total of 665 days.
Two years is 365 x 2 = 730 days or 24 months.

You need 65 days to reach the 2 yrs mark.

Therefore of course decline, otherwise after waiting for 4 months, you will receive a letter saying you were rejected.

They might let you go with a week or two short, but 65 days is more than two months.

You can use this link to calculate exact days:
timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

The CIC website unfortunately calculates full months, i.e you started in end of August, the system will give you credit for the full month, it is a known glitch. The rules say that you need to qualify at the time of the ITA and at the time of eAPR.

Now you have 4 options:
1. Risk it and apply, and most likely you would be rejected after 4 months.
2. Decline and wait at least 2-3 weeks before completing the 2 yrs work experience, and if you get ITA, don't decline and then only apply (i.e. eAPR) after completing full 2 yrs.
3. Don't decline and keep the ITA, until you complete full 2 yrs work experience, by then prepare all documents needed and apply for PR once you reach the 2 yrs mark.
4. Keep declining until you reach the 2yrs mark. Safest option.

If I was you, I would go with option 3, and see how the trend of CSR points go, if they go higher again, you might not get invited again, so its worth a try.

Now you know all, your call.

Best of luck.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
harry1990 said:
Hello,

As per my calculation i have 1 year and 11 month of work exp. But when i enter in express entry profile it gives me point for full 2 years. Now my point is 458 and hopefully i will receive an invitation in next draw.

WORK EXPERIENCE:

It's depends on the draw score.

1 year Canadian Experience is 35 points, 2 years is 46 (11 extra points that you got but don't "deserve" it)

If you receive ITA and apply those 11 points will be deducted after the official checked your application, so your score will be fixed to 458-11=447.

If the draw Minimun score is LOWER than 447 your application should be OK.

If the draw was higher than 447 your application will be rejected.

So, it's depends on the draw score

Anyways, please double check the numbers

Reactions: picklee

harry1990

Feb 1, 2017
Thank you very much Gregor.Samsa and Broken Heart.

Another question is, i have additional 3 Month and 18 days of work experience but the employer is not ready to give me the experience letter or job letter with job duties on it. The company says they only provide such documents to their current employees.

So should i add that work also and then provide official with ROE and Letter of explanation with email proof that employer was not ready to provide me with the required letter. :-[

From and including: Tuesday, July 8, 2014
To and including: Saturday, October 25, 2014
Result: 110 days

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
harry1990 said:
Thank you very much Gregor.Samsa and Broken Heart.

Another question is, i have additional 3 Month and 18 days of work experience but the employer is not ready to give me the experience letter or job letter with job duties on it. The company says they only provide such documents to their current employees.

So should i add that work also and then provide official with ROE and Letter of explanation with email proof that employer was not ready to provide me with the required letter. :-[

From and including: Tuesday, July 8, 2014
To and including: Saturday, October 25, 2014
Result: 110 days
If you can get a letter from a Senior colleague on plain paper with his signature, copy of his ID and attach LOE with email proof should be good. Refer this thread on reference letters.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Broken Heart said:
3. Don't decline and keep the ITA, until you complete full 2 yrs work experience, by then prepare all documents needed and apply for PR once you reach the 2 yrs mark.
4. Keep declining until you reach the 2yrs mark. Safest option.

If I was you, I would go with option 3, and see how the trend of CSR points go, if they go higher again, you might not get invited again, so its worth a try.
As I read in this forum option 3 could not work, the applicant have to meet the requirements when applying and when receiving ITA.

Only could work if the applicant score after subtracting the wrongly awarded points still equal or bigger than the draw cut off

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Gregor.Samsa said:
As I read in this forum option 3 could not work, the applicant have to meet the requirements when applying and when receiving ITA.

Only could work if the applicant score after subtracting the wrongly awarded points still equal or bigger than the draw cut off

Not necessarily true.

Technically speaking, yes we need to be both meeting all criteria BOTH on eAPR and ITA. I have mentioned that already, however if you have been reading on this forum a while, you would see that many applicants were accepted and issued PRs while accepting early ITAs and applying after eAPRs. Now it might have been pure luck or call it what you like, but the fact stands, hence my suggestion that if the score trend is high for the next rounds, then it might be worth the risk, rather than dreaming about it, worst case scenario, cancelled, apply again.

Having said that, with yesterdays score going below 450, it might not seem as a good idea now.

Best of luck to everyone.!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Gregor.Samsa said:

Not true anymore, IRCC has changed/clarified this issue.

You still need to meet the minimum program requirements ("Minimum entry criteria, MEC") at the time of the ITA (e.g. at least one complete year of work experience in Canada).

But for CRS points, IRCC will calculate your score both at the time of the ITA and at the time you submit your eAPR, and use the higher score to determine if you meet the requirements of the draw.

This is GOOD news : ) This means (for example) if you get the ITA before you complete the 2nd year, but submit your eAPR after you complete your 2nd year, you will get the points. Apparently this was part of the revisions issued in November, but a lot of us missed it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
jes_ON said:

You still need to meet the minimum program requirements ("Minimum entry criteria, MEC") at the time of the ITA (e.g. at least one complete year of work experience in Canada).

But for CRS points, IRCC will calculate your score both at the time of the ITA and at the time you submit your eAPR, and use the higher score to determine if you meet the requirements of the draw.

This is GOOD news : ) This means (for example) if you get the ITA before you complete the 2nd year, but submit your eAPR after you complete your 2nd year, you will get the points. Apparently this was part of the revisions issued in November, but a lot of us missed it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
Agreed, good news, I guess it's easier for CIC this change than fixing the glitch assigning the full year experience score before actually have it

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Gregor.Samsa said:
Agreed, good news, I guess it's easier for CIC this change than fixing the glitch assigning the full year experience score before actually have it
Keep in mind that the glitch is still there for the "one year minimum" requirement -

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:

cic. gc. ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse .asp
I am in a similar boat:
ITA received for CEC. I studied in Canada until Dec 2015. But I did not get my PGWP until Jan 5, so my year of work experience is from Jan 5 to Dec 31 2016. I am on parental leave now. Since I was not enrolled in University in Jan, technically I was not allowed to work on my study permit the first 4 days of Jan.

Would they really reject my e-APR because I am 4 days short of the MEC? My record of employment shows 2600+ hours over the last 52 weeks!

My alternatives would be to:
1) resubmit EE profile one week after I return to work from parental leave (probably the safest option)
2) submit e-APR one week after I return to work from parental leave, but if I didn't meet MEC for ITA on this technicality, then could I be rejected on this ITA?

IRCC says:
"Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR."

I assume this means that my current ITA is dead in the water if they decide 4 missing days disqualifies me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
picklee said:
ITA received for CEC. I studied in Canada until Dec 2015. But I did not get my PGWP until Jan 5, so my year of work experience is from Jan 5 to Dec 31 2016. I am on parental leave now. Since I was not enrolled in University in Jan, technically I was not allowed to work on my study permit the first 4 days of Jan.
Let's start here. If you received your PGWP on Jan 5, that means you applied for it before the end of your studies. That means you benefited from "implied status," meaning, you were allowed to work (full time, after graduation) while waiting for your PGWP. If you actually worked Jan 1-4, then it would certainly be authorized, and could count.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Let's start here. If you received your PGWP on Jan 5, that means you applied for it before the end of your studies. That means you benefited from "implied status," meaning, you were allowed to work (full time, after graduation) while waiting for your PGWP. If you actually worked Jan 1-4, then it would certainly be authorized, and could count.
I applied for the PGWP at a land port of entry, since it was fastest for me as an American. I would have created an online application with an ID and filled out the forms and taken those to the border when my permit was issued. Not sure if an application ID gives me implied status.

I also left Canada the day after my program completed Dec 18 and then returned Jan 5 to get the PGWP. All the while, I was still technically employed, receiving salary as a research assistant at the university I studied. My understanding is that implied status only applies while in Canada. Seems like wishful thinking on a razor-thin rationale, although I badly wish it to be true.

Seems crazy to me to reject e-APR based on 4 day technicality while boasting the spirit of the immigration program mantra: study in Canada; work in Canada after you study; immigrate to Canada. But I guess not all VOs assess consistently.

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
Hello,

WORK EXPERIENCE:

Hi please can you tell what did you finally do? I am in the exact same situation . 45 days short of my 3 years work experience but got the points and hence ITA.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi please can you tell what did you finally do? I am in the exact same situation . 45 days short of my 3 years work experience but got the points and hence ITA.
45 days is a lot. Can you wait to submit your application after you get credit for 3 years work?