+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I accept OOPNP after getting ITA?

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
It is a quite complicated situation for me. Basically I re-created the EE profile when they started the new OOPNP human capital program, and my PGWP was about to expired (expired june 28th), thus by the time I applied for the Spouse Open work permit with my girl friend's work permit (as common law partner, hers expires in june 2016). In August I got 2 yrs exp and boosted the score to 463, and luckily got the ITA from last draw, so I accepted it and started to prepare the documents for both my girlfriend and myself.

In the mean time, I get the call from OOPNP yesterday asking me regarding to my application, and ask me to declare that the PNP does not include my girlfriend (In the PNP application my marital status was "Common Law" but I didn't include any of my girlfriend's info). I did sent the declaration yesterday and then realized that I should confirm it first. Called them again today and was informed that the case is closed and the operator implied that it might have "passed".

So my questions are:
1. Given I already accepted the previous ITA (without PNP, under FSW), could I/Should I still accept the PNP if nominated?
2. If I accept the PNP, would it be applying under EE? or is it going to be applying through regular PNP?
3. If I take the PNP, could I still bring my girlfriend to the application for PR?

Please help here. Thank you and wish you all get PR.

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
I think you are over complicating things, you are already good to go right now!

If you already have an ITA you don't need the provincial nomination, that's only for if you don't have enough points based on your other qualities. If the ITA you already have includes your girlfriend's details just go ahead and send in your forms. Sponsering partners who aren't included in your initial application takes forever right now-you should go and look at the family class processing times. If you decline your ITA and try to get another one with the PNP your girlfriend will be stuck.