+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should concern about GPA?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hello all,
I have a few questions about master degree which is related to GPA

1- For both PR and international student groups does admission eligibility criteria are the same?

2-Do WES gives a GPA in their assess or how should calculate GPA ? for master who should calculate it to verify does eligibility meet or not?

3-If PR holder has GPA below 3.0 , is there any chance to still obtain master degree?what should do in this case?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
I have translated documents from authorized translator
May I find GPA in my docs? If not, how should I aware about my GPA ?

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
1. Everybody has the same admission eligibility,
2. WES gives GPA. If not, the school you're applying to will calculate the GPA them-self
3. PR has nothing to do with eligibility requirement. 2.8<GPA<3.2 usually needs good work experiences or research experience to be considered for Master entry.

Reactions: santi_marlon

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
1. Everybody has the same admission eligibility,
2. WES gives GPA. If not, the school you're applying to will calculate the GPA them-self
3. PR has nothing to do with eligibility requirement. 2.8<GPA<3.2 usually needs good work experiences or research experience to be considered for Master entry.
Many Thanks
2-No I check wes , it didn't give me any GPA, problem is my average score is out of 20 and I know the range of GPA but for exact match I have to calculate exactly

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Where is your degree from?
No it does not work like that. You can not calculate it yourself.
So , just for last query about GPA
I have one PG Diploma (1 Year) I am pretty sure corresponding GPA is 4 (all scores were higher than 18 out of 20) exactly 4 , I am sure

My bachelor I am not think reach to 2.8 or maximum 2.8

Finally, from your perspective for enrolling master degree at accept university which is given opportunity to continue to PhD level
which one would be considered(my PG Diploma which was taken after Bachelor or my Bachelor)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have one PG Diploma (1 Year) I am pretty sure corresponding GPA is 4 (all scores were higher than 18 out of 20) exactly 4 , I am sure

Finally, from your perspective for enrolling master degree at accept university which is given opportunity to continue to PhD level
which one would be considered(my PG Diploma which was taken after Bachelor or my Bachelor)
Likely bachelors but it depends on the coursework required for each degree.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
But I am not sure PG Diploma would consider
Really depends on where your PG is from. Is it from a university? Many PG diplomas are assessed differently than 4 year bachelors. The goal is more to further education and marking is more lenient.

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hello all,
I have a few questions about master degree which is related to GPA

1- For both PR and international student groups does admission eligibility criteria are the same?

2-Do WES gives a GPA in their assess or how should calculate GPA ? for master who should calculate it to verify does eligibility meet or not?

3-If PR holder has GPA below 3.0 , is there any chance to still obtain master degree?what should do in this case?
depends on the field, but no, not in any reputed university. YOu will have to do some bridging courses. Your GPA is way too low, in the US and Canada they won't even let you graduate with a GPA less than 3

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021

PG diploma is not given much importance, your bachelor's gpa is very important as a number of core courses are taken during bachelors.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
depends on the field, but no, not in any reputed university. YOu will have to do some bridging courses. Your GPA is way too low, in the US and Canada they won't even let you graduate with a GPA less than 3
Once again with WES calculator and other valid sources, calculated my BA's GPA again, It was more than 3.3, so I believe I can enroll

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
It was two year degree from well recognised university in my home country and during my pr assessment it has been evaluated as full masters by wes
That's fine you can go ahead with that why you're concerning for BA! I can't understand

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
In my country grading system is quite different from north american ones. There are many universities here where 70% is the passing mark like in north america and so ez to get but in others 40% is the passing mark which is much harder compared to those. As i will have a fresh start as a pr in canada any field would do which has good job opportunities. I know my bachelors cg is way too low but does masters cg add any value to any courses? And what sorts of bridging courses are u refering to?
While WES assessed it as a master degree ; means that , it's equivalent to Canadian system ! I can't get your point and worry !!!!!!