+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should Canadian spouse to be included in application ?

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi, can you please help me.

My husband is a canadian citizen and we are not living together and not in talking terms anymore. He sponsered me through Spouse visa but later on withdrew the file. Now I applied on my own and got ITA.
As our marriage is still valid legally, I will have to answer questions as "married" and "canadian citizen spouse".

But my question is -
1) What documents of my husband will i have to submit. He will not provide any documents or info. He would rather create more trouble for me.

2)I have Marriage certificate, photocopy of his passport which got expired few months back and photocopy of his OCI card.
Is it mendatory to provide current passport
?

3)I will answer "yes" where they ask "have you applied before" and provide UCI number of spouse application. I think, They can get all the details from my previous file too.

4) will previously rejected file make any negative impact on my express entry file?

How should I go about. I'm very depressed. Please suggest.
Any Canadian spouse is not included in the application. And the answer is "not accompanying" as well, regardless if the spouse is travelling with you or not, because they don't need to look for the Canadian spouse' eligibility. Just upload a canadian passport of your spouse or anything that will prove that the spouse is canadian, and attach a letter explaining that your spouse is a Canadian citizen in every field that requires to upload anything regarding your Canadian spouse. This is what I did last year with my EE application, and I am now a PR.
Any Canadian spouse is not included in the application. And the answer is "not accompanying" as well, regardless if the spouse is travelling with you or not, because they don't need to look for the Canadian spouse' eligibility. Just upload a canadian passport of your spouse or anything that will prove that the spouse is canadian, and attach a letter explaining that your spouse is a Canadian citizen in every field that requires to upload anything regarding your Canadian spouse. This is what I did last year with my EE application, and I am now a PR.

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi,
Did you get ur PR?
can you please help me.

My husband is a canadian citizen and we are not living together and not in talking terms anymore. He sponsered me through Spouse visa but later on withdrew the file. Now I applied on my own and got ITA.
As our marriage is still valid legally, I will have to answer questions as "married" and "canadian citizen spouse".

But my question is -
1) What documents of my husband will i have to submit. He will not provide any documents or info. He would rather create more trouble for me.

2)I have Marriage certificate, photocopy of his passport which got expired few months back and photocopy of his OCI card.
Is it mendatory to provide current passport
?

3)I will answer "yes" where they ask "have you applied before" and provide UCI number of spouse application. I think, They can get all the details from my previous file too.

4) will previously rejected file make any negative impact on my express entry file?

How should I go about. I'm very depressed. Please suggest.
I called the CIC call centre today and the agent confirmed that Canadian citizen spouses DO NOT need to have medical or police certificates.

The agent said this is because:
a) they are not included in our application and
b) they are Canadian citizens

If they were citizens of another country they DO need to upload those documents which likely shows where the flaw is in the computer system. A failure to look at our specific scenario and remove certain documents from being requested.

I plan to just upload a note about her citizenship and the discussion with the agent to the medical and police sections in order to "bypass" the system and allow me to continue the application.

Cheers

imsaba

Aug 10, 2018
I need to find out if i can get my spouse's sibling points living in Canada when creating express entry profile while he is not accompanying me because he is already Canadian but he himself is outside of Canada while his whole family is living in Canada including parents brother and sister. Also he was born there , not an immigrant. I started a seperate thread also but i see more people here in my situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I need to find out if i can get my spouse's sibling points living in Canada when creating express entry profile while he is not accompanying me because he is already Canadian but he himself is outside of Canada while his whole family is living in Canada including parents brother and sister. Also he was born there , not an immigrant. I started a seperate thread also but i see more people here in my situation.
No - you can't.

nooshgupta

Apr 3, 2019
way to go! yes, i also talked to a CIC agent and he told me that the system doesn't recognize the spouse being Canadian citizen and he just advised me to upload an explanation saying that he is a Canadian citizen, so i guess this closes the loop on Canadian spouse... good luck to all of us!
Hey @arleneramiro I havent been able to find a number to call CIC. Could you pass me the contact please?
I think I marked "No" for if this person is included in the application. I received the ITA but there is a section that says "Accompanying, PR Spouse form" (for my canadian citizen husband). In the Citizenship section for him, I marked "Yes" to him being a Canadian Citizen. But the title of that section has me confused.

chunjea93

Mar 19, 2021
Hi Guys!
I am in a similar situation here and hoping if anyone can answer my question. It would be much appreciated!
I have been invited to apply EE under CEC and my common-law partner is Canadian citizen.

The following documents are required for my Canadian partner;

1. Police certificate from Australia. My common-law partner has lived in Australia for 5 years in the past, but has been living in Canada for past 4 years. Is this necessary?

2. Family Member Proof of Status ( a copy of family member's proof of canadian citizenship)

3. Proof of relationship ( proof of your relationship with your host or family member such as birth certificate)

I do not get any extra points for my common-law partner being Canadian so it seems like an unnecessary step to provide these documents.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!