+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should a PA completes the landing first though spouse is waiting?

JasonK

Jun 22, 2015
Hi folks,

Question, being a Principle Applicant should I do the landing first as my wife is waiting for her passport to collect from VO (outside Canada)?

I read somewhere in this blog that if a PA lands first then CIC will inform a spouse's VO to release her passport with the stamp and COPR letter.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

JK

JasonK

Jun 22, 2015
Today, I've called to the CIC call centre to inquire about my situation. Firstly, an agent said I can land first as my spouse is waiting for her passport to collect.

Later on during the conversation when I quoted a statement from a information letter which I received along with my COPR letter "Please wait for the visa office to issue the CPR to your family members before you go to a CIC office or a port of entry to become a PR." After hearing it, an agent advised me not to do the landing until spouse gets her passport stamped. According to an agent, CIC has advised me about it because of some reason. When I asked her that this letter sounds generic than she was not too sure whether or not I can do the landing as my wife is waiting.

Any thoughts or experience in a similar situation fellows?

I would really appreciate anyone could give me some directions.

JK

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Being PA, I was told to do my landing first in order for my spouse to get the CoPR and passport.
So, I did my landing first and my spouse got his CoPR after a week.

JasonK

Jun 22, 2015
Hi arorkama,

Thank you for the prompt response. I think it's only you who matches with my situation because when I was looking for the answer, I could only find your experience.

At this moment, I'm hoping it would be the case as you have experienced so they can release my wife's passport after my landing.

Question: May I know which CIC office did you go you? I meant in Ontario (GTA) or outside Ontario?

Also, did you receive the same letter stating like this "Please wait for the visa office to issue the CPR to your family members before you go to a CIC office or a port of entry to become a PR." ?

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us!
JK

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
I received the same generic letter stating like this "Please wait for the visa office to issue the CPR to your family members before you go to a CIC office or a port of entry to become a PR."

I did my landing at etobicoke office and was told by the immigration officer who processed my landing.The officer also mentioned that since I did my landing, now she will send the email to the VO office responsible for my spouse to process his CoPR and passport stamping.

Hope, this will put at ease.

JasonK

Jun 22, 2015
Thanks for confirming about the letter and location. I am also planning to make an appointment at the same office so hopefully things will go according to the plan.

Truly appreciate your feedback!

All the best!
JK