+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Virtual hearing Experience

Aug 12, 2021
Hello, I hope all of you are doing well. I want to share my virtual hearing experience.
My claim was accepted under less-complex claim, and I had a short hearing.
Fortunately, I was able to get a positive decision on the table.
I was extremely nervous before my hearing and completely broke down 5 minutes before. I am usually a very calm person but I started crying hysterically, my emotions got the best of me. The point is this is how nervous I was. Luckily, I was able to calm myself before the member arrived, and she was so kind and polite. She asked me questions for 20 minutes and then she took a break of 15 minutes and came back with a positive decision.
My purpose of creating this thread is this forum immensely helped me preparing for my claim and I know the hearing experience or the nervousness that can happen before the hearing can be very overwhelming, so if you have any questions or concerns, ask me, I will answer these questions based on my experience.

Reactions: Simba112 and scylla

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
My hearing is on the 27 I'm pretty nervous :( but I try not to think about it. What was the questions about if you don't mind me asking ?

Reactions: Swagzzy

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
when I made my short hearing , the decision maker wasn't even faster than me lol
While he is reading his question I was answering the question.
He was amazed and my lawyer told me , you are the first one I've ever seen doing this.
This makes your story true.
I told her because it is.
So guys if your story is true why panic?
There's no reason to panic if you are truly in need for protection in Canada.
It is easy for people to make such statements and claim when God makes things work for them. They seem brilliant and the smartest!!! My friend, you are just lucky! Be thankful to God. There are tens of thousands of people whose stories are more real and sincerely need protection.
It’s unworthy to come here and make such statements. This forum is actually to share experiences in a way to help ourselves overcome the stress and anxiety of the situation.

note…I make this submission without any intent of hate or quarrel.

Reactions: Simba112

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
My hearing is on the 27 I'm pretty nervous :( but I try not to think about it. What was the questions about if you don't mind me asking ?
Don’t stress, take it easy, it is normal to be anxious but you have to brace up. It will come and go and will definitely end in praise.
Read your BOC. Know your story and raise critical questions and answer them. Above all, pray to meet a member who is kind and willing to accept your case.

Reactions: zak86
Aug 12, 2021
It is easy for people to make such statements and claim when God makes things work for them. They seem brilliant and the smartest!!! My friend, you are just lucky! Be thankful to God. There are tens of thousands of people whose stories are more real and sincerely need protection.
It’s unworthy to come here and make such statements. This forum is actually to share experiences in a way to help ourselves overcome the stress and anxiety of the situation.

I 100% agree with, I would also like to add, actually this advice is quite dangerous Because in a hearing if you don’t let the judge finish and answer anyway, there is a chance of misunderstanding, everything you say can be used against you, so it is always recommended to listen to the member calmly, understand what the question is and then answer.
Also, it is very hard to stay calm even though you’re telling the truth, the hearing can decide your life. For me, it was a matter of life and death, I was running from Gender based violence.

Aug 12, 2021
Sure, friend Don’t worry just be prepared fully, make sure there are no contradictions between story narrative and boc, and if there are make sure to prepare an explanation for it.
First few questions were very general and the main thing they asked me was why didn’t I make the claim any sooner. The other thing was What needs to be changed in my country for me to live there safely
Also, identity is very important in any refugee claim, so make sure that is covered
The second part is credibility which will be judged throughout the hearing, so make sure you’re giving clear, precise and straightforward answers because she told me that she appreciates my straightforward answers.
Third is IFA or Internal flight alternatives, be prepared to prove that you fear being persecuted in all parts of the country and there is extremely difficult circumstances that are preventing you to be safe there
And also be prepared to answer the questions regarding state protection, like why your country couldn’t protect or why you didn’t seek protection.

Reactions: Swagzzy

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Sure, friend Don’t worry just be prepared fully, make sure there are no contradictions between story narrative and boc, and if there are make sure to prepare an explanation for it.
First few questions were very general and the main thing they asked me was why didn’t I make the claim any sooner. The other thing was What needs to be changed in my country for me to live there safely
Also, identity is very important in any refugee claim, so make sure that is covered
The second part is credibility which will be judged throughout the hearing, so make sure you’re giving clear, precise and straightforward answers because she told me that she appreciates my straightforward answers.
Third is IFA or Internal flight alternatives, be prepared to prove that you fear being persecuted in all parts of the country and there is extremely difficult circumstances that are preventing you to be safe there
And also be prepared to answer the questions regarding state protection, like why your country couldn’t protect or why you didn’t seek protection.
COngratulations and really lucky you are... Good luck with your future..

Reactions: Fairygodmother1111

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

He’s lucky, the fact that he doesnt have listening skills, and seems to be proud of that!!

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hello, I hope all of you are doing well. I want to share my virtual hearing experience.
My claim was accepted under less-complex claim, and I had a short hearing.
Fortunately, I was able to get a positive decision on the table.
I was extremely nervous before my hearing and completely broke down 5 minutes before. I am usually a very calm person but I started crying hysterically, my emotions got the best of me. The point is this is how nervous I was. Luckily, I was able to calm myself before the member arrived, and she was so kind and polite. She asked me questions for 20 minutes and then she took a break of 15 minutes and came back with a positive decision.
My purpose of creating this thread is this forum immensely helped me preparing for my claim and I know the hearing experience or the nervousness that can happen before the hearing can be very overwhelming, so if you have any questions or concerns, ask me, I will answer these questions based on my experience.
U just got asylum Grant under LGBTQ+ ;

Muhammad79

Mar 29, 2019
When did you receive a paper invitation before the interview? And where did you send any supporting documents?

Aug 12, 2021
When did you receive a paper invitation before the interview? And where did you send any supporting documents?
No, They called me. I just applied through epost, so just my basis of claim and narrative with the forms, after I got the date for short hearing then my council sent some additional documents like supporting documents from friends and family