+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short trips in Background schedule 14 form

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
I'm an in-land refugee. Since my background check is taking forever, I was searching in the forum and noticed that traveling history is one of the facts that have to do with the background check.
I haven't included any information about my traveling history in my application forms for PR. Looking back to my application I noticed that there was a question about my Personal History, in which it asks for the last 10 years. I have only answered this question as if it was asking about my employment history.
I didn't include my traveling history. I have traveled over twenty countries in the last ten years. But all of those trips were for few days and maximum maybe a month. I was always either a student or employed during this years. Was that a fault that I have done by not including my travel history? if so what should I do now?
Thanks

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
It is kind of not accurate. When they ask for history, they want to know explicitly what you have done during all the years. So if you let's say where in the country X working in the company Y but then traveled out of the country, you should mentioned that. It won't be an issue for the background check though.

My background check took from 2013 till 2016. Yes 3 years. I involved MPs, contacted RCMP and CSIS but nothing worked. I also had to do the medical exam 3 times since I applied for refugee in 2011 till receiving my landing paper in 2016. Not a single medical issue though. It expires and they keep asking for a new one! It cost a lot too.

So yeah, if it is background check, then I think it is based on your luck but keep follow up with them. Contact your MP and maybe it gets rolling.

Best of luck.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I'm an in-land refugee. Since my background check is taking forever, I was searching in the forum and noticed that traveling history is one of the facts that have to do with the background check.
I haven't included any information about my traveling history in my application forms for PR. Looking back to my application I noticed that there was a question about my Personal History, in which it asks for the last 10 years. I have only answered this question as if it was asking about my employment history.
I didn't include my traveling history. I have traveled over twenty countries in the last ten years. But all of those trips were for few days and maximum maybe a month. I was always either a student or employed during this years. Was that a fault that I have done by not including my travel history? if so what should I do now?
Thanks
You are required to give them ALL information of travel history. If you did not then you need to fill out a correct travel history and send it to CIC with a letter telling them what happened and that you are now correcting it. If you do not, they will find out about your travels to 20 or more other countries and will likely find you misrepresented yourself and deny your application. You do NOT want to get a finding of misrepresentation.

Reactions: maktabi

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
You are required to give them ALL information of travel history. If you did not then you need to fill out a correct travel history and send it to CIC with a letter telling them what happened and that you are now correcting it. If you do not, they will find out about your travels to 20 or more other countries and will likely find you misrepresented yourself and deny your application. You do NOT want to get a finding of misrepresentation.
Thank you, I wrote a cover letter and attached my travel history for the last ten years. I sent it today to the IRCC.

Last edited: