Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

On my landing, I had by mistake informed the landing officer for short stay and said that I will come back after settling things back in home country.

He asked for local address in Toronto and I had informed about my friends address. He mentioned that the PR CARD has to be received by me only and will not be shipped to my friends address. He advised me to call and change my address when I take my own apartment.

He advised me to stay until I get my PR Card. Also, mentioned that the whole process may start again if I leave without the PR card.

Please advise if it was wrong to declare "short stay" and will I loose everything, if I have to leave. I am leaving in a weeks time and need urgent help.

Thanks,

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
fresher_2013 said:
hi,

On my landing, I had by mistake informed the landing officer for short stay and said that I will come back after settling things back in home country.

He asked for local address in Toronto and I had informed about my friends address. He mentioned that the PR CARD has to be received by me only and will not be shipped to my friends address. He advised me to call and change my address when I take my own apartment.

He advised me to stay until I get my PR Card. Also, mentioned that the whole process may start again if I leave without the PR card.

Please advise if it was wrong to declare "short stay" and will I loose everything, if I have to leave. I am leaving in a weeks time and need urgent help.

Thanks,
One person whom I know declared his short stay and gave address of his friend in Canada to the immigration officer during landing formalities for the delivery of his PR Card. His PR Card was later received at his friend's address.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fresher_2013 said:

The CBSA officer is allowed to refuse to send your PR card to someone else. However, leaving without your card will not have any effect on your PR status. If you are not visa-exempt, you can apply for a PR Travel Document to return to Canada.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
I would advise that if you are unable to find your own place, get a UPS mailbox and give that address to CIC. I received my PR cards in UPS Mailbox. Another suggestion would be to stay in Canada until you get your PR cards.

Your PR cards will not be processed at all till they receive your Address. You can go to CIC Address Notification and update your address (it can be your friend's address, but it's up to you to decide). After updating your address, call CIC couple of days later to see if your address have been updated or not.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks XpressEnterprise,
Thanks Canuck_in_uk,
Thanks Rawdah,

This is really helpful and I can enjoy my rest of the stay and leave in peace that my PR status is not affected.

I would actually like to move back for good after selling my immovable property in India, which may take sometime.

I can apply for PR travel document and return at a later date and get my PR card delivered to me directly.

1- Someone told me to call up the office and tell them that I have moved to my own apartment and give another friends address. Do you think that would work.

2- Also, there was no photo or Finger Printing done at the immigration counter when the CBSA was working in the COPR. I was told that they take the photo and the same is fixed on the PR card. Is that a mandatory procedure?
Will I be required to attend an interview again at their office for the PR card.

Thanks,

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
fresher_2013 said:
Thanks XpressEnterprise,
Thanks Canuck_in_uk,
Thanks Rawdah,

This is really helpful and I can enjoy my rest of the stay and leave in peace that my PR status is not affected.

I would actually like to move back for good after selling my immovable property in India, which may take sometime.

I can apply for PR travel document and return at a later date and get my PR card delivered to me directly.

1- Someone told me to call up the office and tell them that I have moved to my own apartment and give another friends address. Do you think that would work.

2- Also, there was no photo or Finger Printing done at the immigration counter when the CBSA was working in the COPR. I was told that they take the photo and the same is fixed on the PR card. Is that a mandatory procedure?
Will I be required to attend an interview again at their office for the PR card.

Thanks,

1) I cannot answer in a YES or a NO, but I can surely tell you that whatever address you are going to tell them, they will never ask for Lease or paperwork (or proof of address). It can be ANYONE's address.

2) Once you are told that you are a permanent resident, you just have to wait for your PR card to arrive. In few instances, people were asked to resubmit their photographs. I submitted 2 photographs at PPR stage. When I received my passports and COPR, one photo was loose and other glued on COPR. When I arrived at Canadian Airport, only COPR was asked. Now, after 3 months of landing, I got my PR card and I still have one loose photo.

There is no Interview at landing or later on, just general questions.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XpressEnterprise said:
2) Once you are told that you are a permanent resident, you just have to wait for your PR card to arrive. In few instances, people were asked to resubmit their photographs. I submitted 2 photographs at PPR stage. When I received my passports and COPR, one photo was loose and other glued on COPR. When I arrived at Canadian Airport, only COPR was asked. Now, after 3 months of landing, I got my PR card and I still have one loose photo.

There is no Interview at landing or later on, just general questions.
One of my friends, who landed 3 weeks before me was asked to do Fingure Printing and the other one was made photographed on landing at the airport itself.

I was not asked for either of the 2.
If they don't ask for anything and send the PR card, it will be the best.