Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
And one more point, if you are landing outside of SK ensure that you have a ticket for your onward journey to SK. Hotel booking would help further. Though not asked for but better to be have proof which shows your intent of settling in SK.

hkr2canada

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply, well one more thing - how much time around did the POE formalities in Calgary took. The connecting time might be of around 2 hr from Calgary to SK, so is it enough for all the POE formalities.

Regards.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
For me it was 15 minutes including waiting. However, it was three plus hours for an acquaintance of mine and he missed his connecting flight. His POE was Vancouver.
So, better to have a buffer, two hours would be a little risky.
Also, you need to claim your baggage and check in again. So, factor this time also.

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016
I landed Yesterday.
I have a question for you. i know it takes 8-10 weeks to get PR Card but i know people who received it in 2 weeks.

I have to travel in a week to Europe and lady told me you cannot travel without PR card or you have to get Permanent Resident Travel Doc from country's Canadian embassy where you are going....I will be going for two weeks but i have to come back but without that document i cannot come back.

Now i already contacted the Canadian embassy there but they said we cannot tell exact time but we will do as quickly as possible.

immigration officer here on phone told me it usually takes 2-3 days.

There is a complete application process for this and you have to apply and pay fee.

Then this Document which is kind of visa stamp or sticker will be on your passport.

I am sharing this info for anyone who is in same situation,Has to travel but can't and waiting for PR Card after Landing..

If someone has gone through this plz share your experience.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Applied for PR travel document 8 days and have not heard from the visa office.

I think the time it takes to get PR travel document very much depends upon which country one is applying from.

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016

I think the time it takes to get PR travel document very much depends upon which country one is applying from.
I will be applying from Germany and send to Embassy of Canada in Austria.

hkr2canada

Jan 25, 2017

Hi Rocky,
I think you have given the UPS address for the delivery of PR card. Is it that you want to leave early before the delivery of PR card to UPS address?. Once you receive the PR card you can ask UPS to courier it to Indian address and then travel with it rather than waiting for PRTD. I think applying PRTD is a hassle as then the embassy will again go through some process and it depends on them again weather to issue PRTD or not.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
I was in Canada for 10 days. Now for me to be back to Canada I have to do one of the following
- have UPS courier my PR card to my Indian address
- travel on a PR travel document. Have already applied for it. As far as I know getting PRTD should not be a problem.
The two things which they usually verify are your PR status and whether you would be able to satisfy your 3 year residency obligation. As I just became a PR I doubt if CIC would have issues in giving a PRTD though anything can happen. The benefit of getting a PRTD is I can do away with UPS courier the card. I can travel on PRTD and collect the card on my own.
- travel via US by road to Canada

hkr2canada

Jan 25, 2017
I was in Canada for 10 days. Now for me to be back to Canada I have to do one of the following
- have UPS courier my PR card to my Indian address
- travel on a PR travel document. Have already applied for it. As far as I know getting PRTD should not be a problem.
The two things which they usually verify are your PR status and whether you would be able to satisfy your 3 year residency obligation. As I just became a PR I doubt if CIC would have issues in giving a PRTD though anything can happen. The benefit of getting a PRTD is I can do away with UPS courier the card. I can travel on PRTD and collect the card on my own.
- travel via US by road to Canada
Agreed with the 3 options u stated. Let's see how it goes. All the best :) and update once u receive the PRTD.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Agreed with the 3 options u stated. Let's see how it goes. All the best :) and update once u receive the PRTD.
Got PRTD.
Applied on 13th July and received passport back on 27th.

Reactions: mahi2020

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hey can you pls explain the process to apply prtd.

Demand draft ? 50$ ?
Copy of stamped copr.. ?

Anything else ?
It was a paper based application which I had submitted at Vfs, Delhi(India)
In addition to the documents which are there in the application package( link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp) I was required to fill in two additional documents - travel history and family history. Not sure why these documents were required as the application package had details of my travel history but was told to do so by vfs.
The supporting documents which I had submitted were
- copy of passport( last 5 years)
- copy of COPR
- bank statements( Canadian bank)

Had made the payment in cash at Vfs centre.

Reactions: mahi2020

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hello members,

Just a quick question please, I will be landing in Calgary with my wife and baby on August 15th 2017. We will be living in Calgary.
For the PR card, we do not have yet any "definitive" address in Calgary (we only have an Airbnb for 1 month for the time to find a more suitable place to live) but we do have a close Canadian friend living in Montreal who can receive the PR card and courier them back to us once we will have our definitive accomodation.
I have seen on the forum that we can get the PR cards to be sent to another address somewhere else in Canada (in a different province for instance) but is it still OK if it is in Montreal (Quebec Province) ? (because Quebec province has its own Immigration program and I am afraid the immigration officer at POE thinks that we intend to move to Quebec while we only got the PR through the Federal program ...)

Actually, I can prove that we intend to settle down in Calgary because I have letter of offer for an employment in Calgary (but the HQ of my employer is in Toronto).

Therefore, for these PR cards matters, do you think that I can provide the address of my friend in Montreal so that he will send it to us once we get more "stable" in Calgary?

Thank you in advance