+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Landing

Marco2015

Mar 15, 2015
Dear All,

We are planning to do a short landing in February then come back to sort out a few things and re-enter Canda in summer to move permanently.

I am aware of the new rules coming into effect on 15th March 2016 and I was wondering if we could have problems in obtaining a Travel Document. Is there a chance of jeopardize the whole process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marco2015 said:
Dear All,

We are planning to do a short landing in February then come back to sort out a few things and re-enter Canda in summer to move permanently.

I am aware of the new rules coming into effect on 15th March 2016 and I was wondering if we could have problems in obtaining a Travel Document. Is there a chance of jeopardize the whole process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco
What new rule my friend.

Jan 4, 2016
According to the CIC website you don't need an eTA when you are a Canadian citizen or when you already hold a residence permit or visa. Since you will only "land" at the border and they can technically still refuse you I would say that you do need one, but I am not sure.

Good question!

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
My wife and I landed in Canada for one day last week. We landed at 10am and took the return flight at 11pm. The CIC officer was very nice and went through our landing documents. We were not asked to provide any proof of funds although we had full statements with us.

We will receive our PR Cards in about a month and my question is this:

Once we return to Canada with our PR Cards, do we still need to provide proof of funds? We will look to live in Canada in about a years time but may return to Canada for Christmas and to attend a wedding so just wondered if we require Proof of Funds every time?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
nikosyozzer said:
My wife and I landed in Canada for one day last week. We landed at 10am and took the return flight at 11pm. The CIC officer was very nice and went through our landing documents. We were not asked to provide any proof of funds although we had full statements with us.

We will receive our PR Cards in about a month and my question is this:

Once we return to Canada with our PR Cards, do we still need to provide proof of funds? We will look to live in Canada in about a years time but may return to Canada for Christmas and to attend a wedding so just wondered if we require Proof of Funds every time?
No, POF is required only during PR status verification (landing process). Once you PR, it is not required anymore. You will cross the border with you PR card and should not be asked by CBSA any immigration related questions (in case and you comply with RO).

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
So I have got my COPR today and should be planning for short landing asap. So as per my understanding so far below needs to be carried
- Goods accompanying
- Goods to Follow
- Friend's address for PR card mail.
- POF & Other documents

Things those can be taken care while short landing:
- Get SIN
- Open a Bank Account probably (not sure how to provide residential address for this)
- Health card application maybe

What other thing could be taken care and what should be the sequence? If anyone can throw some light.. it will be great.

Thanks,
Chikoo

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I have got my COPR today and should be planning for short landing asap. So as per my understanding so far below needs to be carried
- Goods accompanying
- Goods to Follow
- POF & Other documents

- Get SIN
- Open a Bank Account probably (not sure how to provide residential address for this)

What other thing could be taken care and what should be the sequence? If anyone can throw some light.. it will be great.

Thanks,
Chikoo

UP!

Eager to get others' takes on this

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
- Goods accompanying
- Goods to Follow
- POF & Other documents

- Get SIN

Thanks,
Chikoo
I think you got it all covered. PR card delivery address can be provided later (in few days). Health insurance and driving license you can worry about once you move permanently as they have expiry.

More input from other ppl appreciated.

Bikram_2007b

May 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
App. Filed.......
19-03-2016
Doc's Request.
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
28-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
03-04-2018
So my visa is approved and i need to land before 11 April 2018.

I have the same question in mind.. If i land at any POE and then complete the landing procedure. Apply for the PR card and then return back India. What all I need to do in these case??

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
So my visa is approved and i need to land before 11 April 2018.

I have the same question in mind.. If i land at any POE and then complete the landing procedure. Apply for the PR card and then return back India. What all I need to do in these case??
Try to get SIN.. that's imp

Rest you can do is bank account and health card application if time permits