+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short extension to my visitor visa

baqaisaa

Oct 12, 2019
Dear Sir,

My visit visa will expire in 05th March 2020. But I am planning a visit to Canada 01st of March 2020, and will stay there for 2 to 3 weeks.

Can I extends the validity date of my visa to end of March 2020? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks in anticipation ...

Mona & Aboud

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Sir,

My visit visa will expire in 05th March 2020. But I am planning a visit to Canada 01st of March 2020, and will stay there for 2 to 3 weeks.

Can I extends the validity date of my visa to end of March 2020? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks in anticipation ...

Mona & Aboud
You don't need to extend the TRV validity, as it has nothing to do with status. You will be granted visitor status by CBSA upon entry.

baqaisaa

Oct 12, 2019
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the reply. Just to confirm my understanding, if enter Canada before my visit visa expired in 05 March 2020, i would be ok regardless if my stay exceeded the expiry date of my visa. And of course it would ok to enter Canada with few days left for the visa to expire.

My apology for repeating the question, but i do not to travel a long journey , then face difficulties at entry.

Really appreciate your kind understanding.
Aboud @ Mona

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the reply. Just to confirm my understanding, if enter Canada before my visit visa expired in 05 March 2020, i would be ok regardless if my stay exceeded the expiry date of my visa. And of course it would ok to enter Canada with few days left for the visa to expire.

My apology for repeating the question, but i do not to travel a long journey , then face difficulties at entry.

Really appreciate your kind understanding.
Aboud @ Mona
Yes

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It is, of course, possible you'll be refused entry or limited stay if the CBSA officer has reasons for concern. But if you've visited Canada before on your visa you likely have nothing to worry about.