+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Courses, certificates, and diploma online that can increase CRS points

obie17

Aug 12, 2017
Dear Friends , i need information on any certificate course, diploma online that is acceptable by CIC and can increase my CRS points.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
You'd be better off trying to improve language scores. "Quick and easy" certificate courses are likely not able to be evaluated by WES, therefore no points would be given.

Reactions: scylla

obie17

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for your timely response, what if such a certificate is issued by a Canadian institution, does it still not add to CRS points?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Thanks for your timely response, what if such a certificate is issued by a Canadian institution, does it still not add to CRS points?
Unless the program is at least a year long & through a university/college, you're unlikely to get points.

obie17

Aug 12, 2017
Hello friends, my CRS points stock at 426. Do I stand a chance to get ITA? i Hear the cut off for the last draw is 433.

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Hello friends, my CRS points stock at 426. Do I stand a chance to get ITA? i Hear the cut off for the last draw is 433.
Well, all you can do is hope and pray that the number of draws increase and the number of applicants in your score bracket reduces until the next draw. Although there are many other factors involved, but many senior members here believe that the score might drop below 420 in the near future. As it earlier did! So keep your hopes high and try and improve your score meanwhile if you can. Best of luck!

obie17

Aug 12, 2017
Just trying to explore all options: is there any chance of getting a job offer of any PNP t=if you have a certificate of qualification?

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
Hi.....My CRS score is 425.......I think I have already achieved the maximum points from IELTS (I am in CLB 10 - ielts scores were R-9,W-8,L-8.5,S-7.5), don't think any scope to increase any score here........but if my educational assessment changes from Bachelor degree (4 years) to "two or more degree or diplomas or cert", then my score will go over 450

I have B.Tech degree from India (which comes in Bachelor's degree 3 years or more) I suppose............I am looking at some 1 year distance courses (something like Post graduate diploma 1 year correspondence) which can help increase my CRS score.......can anyone who has followed this path or aware of suggest some of such courses and institutes.........many of the institutes are not recognized by WES, and many times the institute is recognized but not the course.........therefore kindly help someone who has done this.......I will just follow and do the same course

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi.....My CRS score is 425.......I think I have already achieved the maximum points from IELTS (I am in CLB 10 - ielts scores were R-9,W-8,L-8.5,S-7.5), don't think any scope to increase any score here........but if my educational assessment changes from Bachelor degree (4 years) to "two or more degree or diplomas or cert", then my score will go over 450

I have B.Tech degree from India (which comes in Bachelor's degree 3 years or more) I suppose............I am looking at some 1 year distance courses (something like Post graduate diploma 1 year correspondence) which can help increase my CRS score.......can anyone who has followed this path or aware of suggest some of such courses and institutes.........many of the institutes are not recognized by WES, and many times the institute is recognized but not the course.........therefore kindly help someone who has done this.......I will just follow and do the same course

WES does not consider any distance or correspondence education courses valid for assessment.
You can try for a proper Masters degree if you want to or increase your work experience. You can also try applying to Canadian universities and go there as a student.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
WES does not consider any distance or correspondence education courses valid for assessment.
The exception of "distance" courses would be an online bachelors or masters degree issued from a reputable university.

deepank

Mar 24, 2018

Hi Friend, just wanted to check that did you find any diploma course or enrolled into one?

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
Hi Friend, just wanted to check that did you find any diploma course or enrolled into one?
I explored around this option, but I am not yet decided if I would like to invest my time torwards this option (1 year course + ECA + waiting for course to start which means easily over 1.5 years)

I met with a known immigration consultant in my city........nobody was able to tell me exact course to pick, but information I got to know is........correspondence course is fine but it should be from well-known institute (example in my region - Panjab University or Delhi University or Kurukshetra University).......it must be of alteast 1 years duration..........usually "Post graduate diploma....." courses should be fine........and the course should be a commonly known one (example - post graduate diploma in computer applications), otherwise problem may arise finding a Canadian equivalent one

this is all the information I have........but I suggest you double check because I have not done an extensive research on this

Reactions: Mohammadhj88
Sep 14, 2018
I explored around this option, but I am not yet decided if I would like to invest my time torwards this option (1 year course + ECA + waiting for course to start which means easily over 1.5 years)

I met with a known immigration consultant in my city........nobody was able to tell me exact course to pick, but information I got to know is........correspondence course is fine but it should be from well-known institute (example in my region - Panjab University or Delhi University or Kurukshetra University).......it must be of alteast 1 years duration..........usually "Post graduate diploma....." courses should be fine........and the course should be a commonly known one (example - post graduate diploma in computer applications), otherwise problem may arise finding a Canadian equivalent one

this is all the information I have........but I suggest you double check because I have not done an extensive research on this
Hey,
How's it going :)
Did you ever find a solution to this issue. I'm facing the same problem. BTech, CRS 420s. No idea what to do next !!

adityawagh

Sep 15, 2018

Hey where you are upto now. I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any one year pg course after engineering?