Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
I applied online on 30th april, got my rejection letter today.

My profile
IELTS 8.0
Admitted to MBA @ Degroote, McMaster
Working in Sri Lanka, Citizen of Pakistan

The following reasons were ticked off in the checklist

I am not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resource
I showed 90k USD in father's account, 90K GBP in Fixed Deposit, also linked to father's current account. Some minor savings in Pakistan, totaling to nearly 200k. I don't get how the can say financial resources are not enough, as one year's tuition for the program is 30k.

You have not satisfied me you will leave the country because of your travel history and immigration status
I did my bachelors from Malaysia, and I showed that in the application. I never overstayed my visa, came back to Sri Lanka where I am now living on a work/resident visa. My problem was, I recently got my passport renewed, so I could apply with a computerized passport. Since the online application had only 1 space for passport, I uploaded my new passport scans (including entry stamp in Sri Lanka, and a barcode visa from Sri Lanka which is basically just a bar code). I also attached a letter saying this only the new passport, and if requested would be happy to upload the old passport as well. But instead they rejected me!

Other Reasons: NO proof of status of self and father in Sri Lanka. Funds shown in unspecified currency. Outdated financial documents.

-The financial statements were printed on 4th Aprl, and I applied on 30th april. How is his outdated?
-My fault for not uploading old passport scans, but no body told me I had to upload father's passport copies as well?
-Not sure about unspecified currency. Bank accounts are in USD, PKR and GBP.

Guys, please any advice would be welcome. Am planning to apply again next week with a paper-based application this time. Will update financial documents, although how much more updating can I do?

How much more money do I have to show than 200k?

I'm shocked and confused. Very worried as well.

dyaus

May 6, 2013
While applying for the second time, I would include letters from each bank certifying the equivalent amount in CAD.

May be some documents of your fathers status, and possibly birth cert with your fathers name...

Just my 2 cents...

Good Luck!

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
bro someone told me you dont need to show crores in ur accounts, you need to show the first years fees+ living exp
and be able to back that up with certified sources of income , like ur dads ITR's .

Try showing bank statements for the past 4 months , Please have
a cover letter to have the entire saving evaluated in CAD$.

Make sure you put in those ITR's.

Plz put copies of both ur passports , I have heard that they verify ur travel history by looking at ur passports , If you have a proper travel history , you should put both ur passports

Lastly, u have a very good profile , i am still shocked u dint get that visa...

Apply again, consult a reputed consultant......!!! make the necessary changes , we hope u get that visa

all the best

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
echelon99 said:
I applied online on 30th april, got my rejection letter today.

My profile
IELTS 8.0
Admitted to MBA @ Degroote, McMaster
Working in Sri Lanka, Citizen of Pakistan

The following reasons were ticked off in the checklist

I am not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resource
I showed 90k USD in father's account, 90K GBP in Fixed Deposit, also linked to father's current account. Some minor savings in Pakistan, totaling to nearly 200k. I don't get how the can say financial resources are not enough, as one year's tuition for the program is 30k.

You have not satisfied me you will leave the country because of your travel history and immigration status
I did my bachelors from Malaysia, and I showed that in the application. I never overstayed my visa, came back to Sri Lanka where I am now living on a work/resident visa. My problem was, I recently got my passport renewed, so I could apply with a computerized passport. Since the online application had only 1 space for passport, I uploaded my new passport scans (including entry stamp in Sri Lanka, and a barcode visa from Sri Lanka which is basically just a bar code). I also attached a letter saying this only the new passport, and if requested would be happy to upload the old passport as well. But instead they rejected me!

Other Reasons: NO proof of status of self and father in Sri Lanka. Funds shown in unspecified currency. Outdated financial documents.

-The financial statements were printed on 4th Aprl, and I applied on 30th april. How is his outdated?
-My fault for not uploading old passport scans, but no body told me I had to upload father's passport copies as well?
-Not sure about unspecified currency. Bank accounts are in USD, PKR and GBP.

Guys, please any advice would be welcome. Am planning to apply again next week with a paper-based application this time. Will update financial documents, although how much more updating can I do?

How much more money do I have to show than 200k?

I'm shocked and confused. Very worried as well.
What i think below are the reason for the rejection:-

a) You have not showed the money in the currency where you stay i.e. Srilanka and with very less money in pakistan account whcih will make him think why you have money in other currency and not as Srilankan or Pakistani,
b) As you have spend most of the time abroad and not in your country which gives an impression that you want to settle abroad.
c) Also put all your passport while filing the case. take a notarised copy of your and your dad's earnings WITH ITR's and try to put money in your Srilanka/pakistan acocunt.

This is what i feel still senior members can comment on that.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Decent advise all around.

Since my father is sponsoring me, I showed his wage slips. He is also working in Sri Lanka (and the rest of the family is here too) hence why I applied from Sri Lanka. Since he is an expat, his income is in USD not LKR...

over9000

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you pay the first year's advance tuition fees?

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
No, I contacted the university with this questions, they said the fees can only be paid in July so I had no choice. But the university sent back a letter stating that I paid the initial deposit, which I attached to the application.