+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shocked by officer notes in gcms

hopeleft

Jun 17, 2017
Please guide me. I'm going through a very tuff time in life with sleepless nights :(. I have a valid status in canada, good job and my application for PR is under process. At the same time my divorce case is in process abroad (by mutual concent). Ex wife lives abroad. I informed cic about this and provided documents. Recently I ordered gcms notes and was shocked to see officer notes;

PA indicates that he is recently in process of divorcing spouse. Married for less than 2 years, application submitted approx. 2 months after getting married. Appears to have never lived together. Docs provided from divorce proceedings appear to have been processed very quickly outside of normal processing times. Have concerns with motivation behind removing spouse from application and possible inadmissibility.

I really don't know what to do. cic never asked for any additional docs yet. this officer review appear to be 3 months old. Should I seek help from a lawyer or send an explanation letter with all the proofs without them requesting for.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
I wouldn't call it 'shocking'; the officer has noted some abnormal features of your divorce, which led them to believe it could be a divorce of convenience.

You don't need to do anything. If they decide that they think it is that, then you'll be asked to provide your version of events at the appropriate time. If they decide not to worry about that, you won't be asked for anything.

Reactions: ZhabaHulk

hopeleft

Jun 17, 2017
I am worried because its been 17 months from the time i submitted my application. No activity in my cic account or in ecas after I informed them of divorce. Not even medical results updated. I am worried they don't send some kind of refusal letter. The word "possible inadmissibility" scares me.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
On this note .. i hv been divorced for over 6 years .. did provide divorce letters with my application (im the sponsor) .. they wont make my divorce an issue rite? I did cancel the PR application for the ex before it was even approved ..

hopeleft

Jun 17, 2017
I suspect, from their perspective as a proof of genuinity of the current relationship, they will wait until 24 months of processing period for applications filed before December 2016 is due. After that period they are obligated to announce results of your application whether they are positive or negative.
You can try to call them to figure if there are any updates anytime soon or reach out to your MP (Minister of Parliament).
You mean in such cases normal waiting time is of 24 months? Another thing i should mention is that they have not removed DEP spouse from the app. but have updated it as "non accompany".

hopeleft

Jun 17, 2017
Sorry guys. thanks for moving it into PNP section. So it is not recommended to send additional information including letter to explain without cic asking for it?

hopeleft

Jun 17, 2017
I wouldn't call it 'shocking'; the officer has noted some abnormal features of your divorce, which led them to believe it could be a divorce of convenience.

You don't need to do anything. If they decide that they think it is that, then you'll be asked to provide your version of events at the appropriate time. If they decide not to worry about that, you won't be asked for anything.
Thanks for your reply.

C

Classic Chucks

Thanks for your reply.
You will be confused with the responses here as your concern was originally posted on the wrong section, members assumed this was a spousal case, thus they advised you based on their assumption. So it can be totally different from a PNP perspective.