+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

shippment of TV from Ksa to Calgary

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
Can any one have experience regarding shippment from Riyadh/Ksa to Calgary.

And if the Plama TV's & Smart LED TV's from Saudi can work in canada or No???

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emy72 said:

Why bother? Tv's are cheap here, why spend money on shipping for something you get here and will work..

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
mikenz said:
Why bother? Tv's are cheap here, why spend money on shipping for something you get here and will work..
thanks for your repley .... I think like that because I already have these sets where I lived in ksa , and I'm planning to move to calgary on august & I don't like to get rid of them >>

Still I need the experience regarding that...???... : :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emy72 said:
thanks for your repley .... I think like that because I already have these sets where I lived in ksa , and I'm planning to move to calgary on august & I don't like to get rid of them >>

Still I need the experience regarding that...???... : :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'(
If your voltage are 220V, then it probably does not work in Canada. Canada is using 110V. You probably need to bring or buy a converter in order for the TVs to work in Canada.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
emy72 said:

Most new TV's (including Plasma and LEDs) are dual voltage and multi-system so they should work. you can check on your own TV to see if this is the case.

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
really I'm very appreciated for all of you... regarding the voltage it is dual voltage 110- 220 V also 50-60 hz

I was worreid if there is any other different option or properties that may affect its work as TV & not as electric set ... if any one previously face ...

again thanks very much for your help :)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
emy72 said:
really I'm very appreciated for all of you... regarding the voltage it is dual voltage 110- 220 V also 50-60 hz

I was worreid if there is any other different option or properties that may affect its work as TV & not as electric set ... if any one previously face ...

again thanks very much for your help :)
If they are dual voltage, then they are most likely new enough to be multi-system, so you should be fine. Bring the TV's over and enjoy!

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
thanks alot for repley .. :) :)
I hope it will work .... but to enjoy .... ??? ??? also I hope ... moving issues is tooo hard & I think there will be alot of challenges esp. for Calgary ....

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
What a waste of time, energy and money.

When I move from different apartments in Canada I usually sell half of the stuff and buy new. Just not worth the hassle.

I can only imagine the difficulty from bringing a TV set overseas.

Unless....

You have everything already arranged to ship by container then an extra TV would not be a big expense.

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
hi thanks all for sharing ...

but today I contact the customer service her in Riyadh , and he advice me that the TV's sold in ksa will not work in Canada due to different satalite systems and also vice versa .... So I want to share this to any one has the same query ...

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
emy72 said:
hi thanks all for sharing ...

but today I contact the customer service her in Riyadh , and he advice me that the TV's sold in ksa will not work in Canada due to different satalite systems and also vice versa .... So I want to share this to any one has the same query ...
That is nonsense. I know of many people who have brought TV's over from Dubai, KSA and other Middle Eastern countries and they work fine. At most, you need an adapter to change the 3 pin plugs to 2 pin.

If you have concerns, google the model number of your TV and it will tell you what systems it supports.

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
torontosm said:
That is nonsense. I know of many people who have brought TV's over from Dubai, KSA and other Middle Eastern countries and they work fine. At most, you need an adapter to change the 3 pin plugs to 2 pin.

If you have concerns, google the model number of your TV and it will tell you what systems it supports.
torontosm ... thanks for your response .... please are you sure that that ones bring their tv's and it works properly without any modification in the set it self ( no problem regarding the plugs..) ....
because It will differ alot for me because when the man answer me it will not work >>> I decided to sell it and It will be big loss for me ( as I have 3 sets )
but if I bring them with me .... the loss will be more less.....
I'll try aqgain to check as your advise at google ...but nothing right and adgusted like people's trial & experiece again thanks for your help .

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
emy72 said:
torontosm ... thanks for your response .... please are you sure that that ones bring their tv's and it works properly without any modification in the set it self ( no problem regarding the plugs..) ....
because It will differ alot for me because when the man answer me it will not work >>> I decided to sell it and It will be big loss for me ( as I have 3 sets )
but if I bring them with me .... the loss will be more less.....
I'll try aqgain to check as your advise at google ...but nothing right and adgusted like people's trial & experiece again thanks for your help .
I am 100% sure that people have brought TV's from that region and they have worked perfectly. But, for your peace of mind, I would Google the exact model numbers and read the specs in the manuals to verify that the TV's support all major systems (NTSC, PAL, etc.).