+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping personal goods from USA to Canada

panga005

Aug 7, 2017
I am moving from San Francisco Bay Area to Ottawa to start work in Canada.

I plan to ship about 10 boxes of my personal stuff from California , USA to Ottawa , Canada.

Has someone done something like this previously??

I can see there are some websites like sendmybag.com which do the same. They are charging around 100$ per box. I wanted to know if there is something else which is more economical than this??

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Have you tried UPack, or PODS , or ABF

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes, I did consider those.
Problem is minimum shipping for UPack from San Francisco to Ottawa would be 2700 USD. Thats more pricier than sendmybag.com for me
Upack by default price for trailer with door to door delivery. What you most probably need is Upack's Relocube which you will load and unload yourself. It will come out to be much cheaper.

pamysabel

Apr 20, 2018
I am moving from San Francisco Bay Area to Ottawa to start work in Canada.

I plan to ship about 10 boxes of my personal stuff from California , USA to Ottawa , Canada.

Has someone done something like this previously??

I can see there are some websites like sendmybag.com which do the same. They are charging around 100$ per box. I wanted to know if there is something else which is more economical than this??
I'm in the same situation and I wonder what you ended up doing about your belongings? Any info would help! TIA!

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
+1 here.. We're planning on selling most of our stuff and taking minimal belongings (5 ft of trailer space). Still comes to $3700, which is ridiculous!

sijusony

Nov 14, 2014
+1 here.. We're planning on selling most of our stuff and taking minimal belongings (5 ft of trailer space). Still comes to $3700, which is ridiculous!
Hi, i used upack trailer truck, for movement. I had 2 bed worth of items it cost me 1400$ for truck for the movemenet from NJ to Toronto. Upack just do movement alone no packing so price will be lower, also if u use less space in truck price comes less that what they actually quote.

Also i booked u-haul packing in both US and Canada side for it was costing me around 180$ for 2 hours in US side and 120$ for 2 hours in Canada side.

We did packing on our own.

Also u can check the option of uhaul too. I guess it was 900$ to take a truck from my place and drop it in canada.