+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping items back to Canada

Epar2

Oct 31, 2018
Canadian citizen here. I stayed temporarily in the US for about 8 months at a friend's place (a US citizen), and am now back in Canada. I still have many of my belongings there in the US (clothes, pots/pans, other personal items), which I bought originally in Canada long before. It would probably fill around 5 16" square boxes. Total value might be a bit over $1000.

What is the best method to have my friend ship them back to me in Canada, without me having to go and get them? What sort of documentation (ie, a list of goods) will need to be included? Will there be any tax? Will I need to show that all the items were purchased by me in Canada? My friend would send it, but would any of my info aside from name and address be needed (passport info)?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Canadian citizen here. I stayed temporarily in the US for about 8 months at a friend's place (a US citizen), and am now back in Canada. I still have many of my belongings there in the US (clothes, pots/pans, other personal items), which I bought originally in Canada long before. It would probably fill around 5 16" square boxes. Total value might be a bit over $1000.

What is the best method to have my friend ship them back to me in Canada, without me having to go and get them? What sort of documentation (ie, a list of goods) will need to be included? Will there be any tax? Will I need to show that all the items were purchased by me in Canada? My friend would send it, but would any of my info aside from name and address be needed (passport info)?
it easy bud.. tell him/her to send it using fedex... every province has custom office , you will just have to go der and sign