+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

shipping/courier services for goods in RIYADH

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

I need to send some of my household items from Riyadh to Canada.

Can any one provide me contact details for an economical and reliable shipping/courier service which operates to Canada as most of the companies send goods to only South asia etc. whereas courier services such as DHL,FedEx,aramex are quite expensive.

Please advise.

thanks

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
Did you try asking in Al Tayar office i think they have such an service like that

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Hi,

Can any one provide me contact details for an economical and reliable shipping/courier service which operates to Canada as most of the companies send goods to only South asia etc. whereas courier services such as DHL,FedEx,aramex are quite expensive.

Please advise.

thanks
Hi,

Contact East and West Express, on the opposite street of old airport. I forgot the name of the street. There are too many Car rental offices there on the beginning of the street. The road goes through the back side entrance of Military Hospital.

davidjn

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2009
Doc's Request.
21-08-2009, Docs sent 24-10-2009
Nomination.....
File Transferred to London 25-08-2009
AOR Received.
14-12-2009, Ecas IN PROCESS on March 31st
File Transfer...
25-08-2009,
Med's Request
13-04-2011
Med's Done....
22-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
28-11-2011
Guys
Please advise, I am confused. I am planning to land in Calgary in 2 months. Should I take all the household items by shipping to calgary or dispose here and buy them new. Anyone know the cost of household items like bed, furnitures etc in canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davidjn said:
Guys
Please advise, I am confused. I am planning to land in Calgary in 2 months. Should I take all the household items by shipping to calgary or dispose here and buy them new. Anyone know the cost of household items like bed, furnitures etc in canada?
You can check websites such as these to give you some idea:

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/index.jsp
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en

I brought my better quality furniture from China nonetheless!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davidjn said:
Guys
Better you buy in Canada rather than shipping such stuff. I did a great mistake and shipped lot of items. Some of them damaged. Considering the total cost of packing, shipping and clearing was more than buying brand new from Canada. But if you can send some items other than furniture and appliances at low coast to your destination, I won't say no. Therefore think well before shipping heavy items.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.Its useless to ship all household items as some will be damaged or will be more cheap in Canada than here so I am thinking of shipping only essential kitchen items.I would also like to add that most of the shipping companies will not ship your goods ,if they are less than 100-150kg.

After long research I ve found one cargo which ships goods more than 44kg at a nominal rate within a week.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.Its useless to ship all household items as some will be damaged or will be more cheap in Canada than here so I am thinking of shipping only essential kitchen items.I would also like to add that most of the shipping companies will not ship your goods ,if they are less than 100-150kg.

After long research I ve found one cargo which ships goods more than 44kg at a nominal rate within a week.
You can always buy insurance for your shipped goods (Fortunately I don't had anything damaged). I don't agree the total cost of packing, shipping and clearing was more than buying brand new from Canada. It just depends what goods they are. Bringing essential kitchen items is a good idea. For example, I couldn't find a similar size wok in Canada, so I brought one from China.

Actually for clearing, is free of charge if you handle yourself.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Thanks steaky once again.

Well my Cargo agent told me that I need to pick my goods from airport ,I need to know will I have to pay any charges at the airport.[I believe I ll not have to pay any customs as I m going to declare these goods in my B4/B4A list ,I m talking about any other charges for clearing].

khanSab

May 3, 2011
Dear First of all congratulations on visa issuance, I recommend only take your fine china dishes, dinner/Tea set, glasses essential kitchen items; Electronic will not be of use due to voltage difference which you can buy cheaper in Canada!, take your Blankets/quilts which you dont want to buy as soon you land there because you never know the quality you own is unavailable or too expensive to start with!

dont forget to take your Ajwa/ZamZam and Ghawa with you I am certain you will not find it else where!!!

have a smooth transition and all the best with my duas and prayers

Regards

Khan

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
khanSab said:
Dear First of all congratulations on visa issuance, I recommend only take your fine china dishes, dinner/Tea set, glasses essential kitchen items; Electronic will not be of use due to voltage difference which you can buy cheaper in Canada!, take your Blankets/quilts which you dont want to buy as soon you land there because you never know the quality you own is unavailable or too expensive to start with!

dont forget to take your Ajwa/ZamZam and Ghawa with you I am certain you will not find it else where!!!

have a smooth transition and all the best with my duas and prayers

Regards

Thanks a lot brother for your valuable advice.Yeah I m thinking of taking almost the same items but some of my friends told me that electrical appliances can be used in Canada with an inverter so thinking of taking some inverters as well with me as I have heard that they are expensive there.

Khan

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Thanks steaky once again.

Well my Cargo agent told me that I need to pick my goods from airport ,I need to know will I have to pay any charges at the airport.[I believe I ll not have to pay any customs as I m going to declare these goods in my B4/B4A list ,I m talking about any other charges for clearing].
If you are landing for the first time and declare these goods in your B4/B4A list and get them stamped, you don't need to pay any customs fee. Unless the customs make random checking, there should be no other charges for clearing.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Hi,
Please advise.
thanks
Hi,

newcomer,

If you want to send large shipment by air cargo then you can go to Al-Batha opposite of Jamal commercial center and back side of Batha Samba bank building you will be able to find many cargo offices operating for Canada. They have very big business for south Asia and almost none for Canada so they are not advertising or having the sign board saying shipment for Canada or North America, but they do the cargo for Canada. I send my shipment from Riyadh to Toronto from these cargo offices. If you are not able to find send me PM I will send you the name and contact details of good cargo office.
But if you need to send your documents only then go to Sulimania or Salahuddin road you will find many office and reasonable rate for Canada.

House hold items, furniturs you can find in Canad more cheao then bring from Riyadh
Hope its helps

Regards

hmisabpk

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

newcomer,

If you want to send large shipment by air cargo then you can go to Al-Batha opposite of Jamal commercial center and back side of Batha Samba bank building you will be able to find many cargo offices operating for Canada. They have very big business for south Asia and almost none for Canada so they are not advertising or having the sign board saying shipment for Canada or North America, but they do the cargo for Canada. I send my shipment from Riyadh to Toronto from these cargo offices. If you are not able to find send me PM I will send you the name and contact details of good cargo office.
But if you need to send your documents only then go to Sulimania or Salahuddin road you will find many office and reasonable rate for Canada.

House hold items, furniturs you can find in Canad more cheao then bring from Riyadh
Hope its helps

Regards

hmisabpk

Thnx very much bro!

I ve been following your useful posts since long.Good to know that you are also from Riyadh .

I need to bring some used kitchen electric appliances,could you plz advise will they work in Canada with the help of voltage converter.

Thanks