+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping Companies in India for moving the household stuff to Toronto

SunAg

Feb 1, 2011
Would someone please recommend any shipping company for moving the household stuff from Mumbai (India) to Toronto.
I found a few on internet but could verify their credentials. I am looking for a reliable company with whom someone had very good overall experience. Will appreciate the help.

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi SungAg,

Please contact this company below, I am working for them in South Africa.

AGS Four Winds Mumbai
Contact Person: MARTINS FRAZIER
Tel: +91 22 25212916
Fax: +91 22 25212926
Email: manager.mumbai@agsfourwinds.com
frazier.martins@agsfourwinds.com

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SunAg said:
Would someone please recommend any shipping company for moving the household stuff from Mumbai (India) to Toronto.
I found a few on internet but could verify their credentials. I am looking for a reliable company with whom someone had very good overall experience. Will appreciate the help.
What do u intend to bring?
Noting that most of your items u'd find@dead cheap price in the many 2nd hand stores - good condition as well. Which might not make your shipment worth vis-a-is the cost of transportation.

Besides, your electronics wouldn't work here anyway [NTSC-PAL syndrome] & couple of the electricals as well [110-220 V syndrome]. And for the rest u do not need a transporter - your airliner would suffice... with a couple of extra baggages - if that was needed !

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
What do u intend to bring?
Noting that most of your items u'd find @ dead cheap price in the many 2nd hand stores - good condition as well. Which might not make your shipment worth vis-a-is the cost of transportation.

Qorax
But sometimes your shipment does worth it, especially if you are shipping high quality leather sofas which would be very expensive if bought in Canadian retail stores and the wait is more or less the same.

SunAg

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks Qorax for your inputs. I agree with you as I had lived in US before I moved to India and I know 110/220V and NTSC/PAL syndromes always came in the way :)

I agree with Steaky too as some stuff, especially leather goods etc might be worth bringing along.

Anyway, for me, I intend to just bring in dresses (including all our favorite woolens purchased while living in US midwest), our mini-library, kids' toys etc, some kitchen stuff and finally our collection items.
I imagine it will still not be any big size cargo but these goods are precious to us, hence the reliability factor while choosing a shipping company.

Thanks !!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SunAg said:
Thanks Qorax for your inputs. I agree with you as I had lived in US before I moved to India and I know 110/220V and NTSC/PAL syndromes always came in the way :)

I agree with Steaky too as some stuff, especially leather goods etc might be worth bringing along.

Anyway, for me, I intend to just bring in dresses (including all our favorite woolens purchased while living in US midwest), our mini-library, kids' toys etc, some kitchen stuff and finally our collection items.
I imagine it will still not be any big size cargo but these goods are precious to us, hence the reliability factor while choosing a shipping company.

Thanks !!
Beware, some of the transporters r so bad that they'd never explain u the 'fine-print' -- u'd have to pay again to the local Canadian transporter. We have a case here within our google-group friend's circle, who paid twice, the same charges, one to the Dubai transporter - & one to the Canadian one [they both r different operators, which he only came to know when they called him here to pay-up & receive his goods].

And if he didn't receive the shipment - he was endangering paying huge charges for warehousing... so, there was just no choice but to pay-up. End result: Waste of time, efforts & money... the guy was totally pissed-off with his spouse for insisting to getting all those kitchen stuff & household decor - most of which was $1-2@the dollar Stores, with the larger/pricier being under $25-50 !

So, pls tread carefully.
Check Nick Noorani's YouTube vid on the subject...

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,

Can you post the link of Nick Noorani's, please? I couldn't find it.

To OP:

Well, there is always insurance that can protect your loss in the shipment. Be sure to check that out with your insurer/shipping company.

GreenLeaf

Dec 12, 2010
qorax said:
Beware, some of the transporters r so bad that they'd never explain u the 'fine-print' -- u'd have to pay again to the local Canadian transporter. We have a case here within our google-group friend's circle, who paid twice, the same charges, one to the Dubai transporter - & one to the Canadian one [they both r different operators, which he only came to know when they called him here to pay-up & receive his goods].

And if he didn't receive the shipment - he was endangering paying huge charges for warehousing... so, there was just no choice but to pay-up. End result: Waste of time, efforts & money... the guy was totally pissed-off with his spouse for insisting to getting all those kitchen stuff & household decor - most of which was $1-2 @ the dollar Stores, with the larger/pricier being under $25-50 !

So, pls tread carefully.
Check Nick Noorani's YouTube vid on the subject...

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey GreenLeaf,

Do you have anything particular to say (other than quoting someone else's message)?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
steaky said:
Hi Qorax,

Can you post the link of Nick Noorani's, please? I couldn't find it.

To OP:

Well, there is always insurance that can protect your loss in the shipment. Be sure to check that out with your insurer/shipping company.
Here it is Sir:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvplrntfZqg&feature=fvwrel

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Here it is Sir:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvplrntfZqg&feature=fvwrel

Qorax
Hey Qorax,

Thanks. This link leads to the video titled "Success Secrets for Canadian Immigrants by Nick Noorani". But how does it relates to the subject?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
steaky said:
Hey Qorax,

Thanks. This link leads to the video titled "Success Secrets for Canadian Immigrants by Nick Noorani". But how does it relates to the subject?
When u see it completely u'd know... Nick advises against bringing anything [shipment] from overseas.
BTW, I'm not too sure this explanation is in 'that' vid or in one of his many others - but I think it is in this one itself. In any case, all of his vids r worth viewing.

Qorax