+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping Companies in India for moving the household stuff to Toronto

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@SunAg1 Could you share which transport service you ended up using and how well it worked for you eventually?
Unless your stuff is very valuable or an employer is paying for your move it doesn’t make sense to ship most household items. Shipping prices are very high at the moment due to Covid.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless your stuff is very valuable or an employer is paying for your move it doesn’t make RO ship most household items. Shipping prices are very high at the moment due to Covid.
RO ship is a shipping service?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Unless your stuff is very valuable or an employer is paying for your move it doesn’t make sense to ship most household items. Shipping prices are very high at the moment due to Covid.
My employer might cover some of those expenses, hence the question.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They don't. I wouldn't be asking if they did.
Would clarify whether they are willing to pay before doing all the research. Also clarify if they are willing to pay for air freight or by sea. They may be willing to just give you relocation money given versus shipping stuff given how expensive shipping is.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@canuck78 You don't sound like you actually want to help, sounds more like you want to provide unsolicited advice. I know why I'm asking for a shipping company and if you don't know any, just say so and move on.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 You don't sound like you actually want to help, sounds more like you want to provide unsolicited advice. I know why I'm asking for a shipping company and if you don't know any, just say so and move on.
You are replying to a post from 2011 so you aren’t going to get an answer from the post and even if you did it wouldn’t be relevant. Would suggest starting your own thread. No point researching shipping costs if you don’t know whether your employer will cover them. Clarifying whether you are wanting to ship furniture or just a few boxes might get you a better answer. The majority of people may ship a few boxes or pay for a few pieces of extra luggage unless they are coming from the US.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are replying to a post from 2011 so you aren’t going to get an answer from the post and even if you did it wouldn’t be relevant. Would suggest starting your own thread. No point researching shipping costs if you don’t know whether your employer will cover them. Clarifying whether you are wanting to ship furniture or just a few boxes might get you a better answer. The majority of people may ship a few boxes or pay for a few pieces of extra luggage unless they are coming from the US.
There is a point of researching shipping cost as in the case of providing proof to IRCC that a expat Canadian citizen considers to moving back to Canada. There were times that people pay a partial container of personal belongings and furniture even they were not coming from the US. The poster don't need to start their own thread.

Reactions: kashifsami

SunAg1

Oct 26, 2021
@SunAg1 Could you share which transport service you ended up using and how well it worked for you eventually?
I had used AGS Four Winds. Although it has now become almost11 years' old story, I still remember we had very good experience with their services. Things might have changed significantly during such a long time-gap, and Covid might have also impacted their operations/rates etc, still, you may still want to check out their website and enquire with their local contact.

Reactions: kashifsami

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I had used AGS Four Winds. Although it has now become almost11 years' old story, I still remember we had very good experience with their services. Things might have changed significantly during such a long time-gap, and Covid might have also impacted their operations/rates etc, still, you may still want to check out their website and enquire with their local contact.
Thanks @SunAg1 ! Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
which service did you end up using? I am in a similar situation and I am unable to find anything reliable.
I ended up not needing them so much. I just wanted to carry some extra luggage (clothes, books etc.) which I took by paying for extra luggage to the airlines. The fact is that paying airlines for extra baggage is way cheaper kg-for-kg compared to any shipping company out there. You also you don't have to deal with shipping delays or import processes by doing this.

But if you still need one, a friend of mine who stays in Canada recommended Garuda Vega. He's used them to ship smaller packages and they've arrived typically in 8 days. Their prices are much less than traditional players like UPS or Fedex.

Good luck!