+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipper-Receiver as CEC

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
I understand you are upset but it's not fair to take it out on refugees. Many of them have had rough lives too. For starters, what did you study, if you don't mind sharing? I just looked at jobs similar to yours in Vancouver, Alberta & Mississauga and there doesn't seem to be an education requirement. Most(if not all) skilled jobs have an education requirement even if it's high school. It appears you are overqualified for what you do and could be getting more bang for your buck. Others may be able to give you more pointers. Keep your head up, it shall be well.
I studied hospitality management , hotel and resort management. And now, i found out that i cant work as receptionist, office clerk, data entry, customer service, housekeeper and whole bunch of other jobs, is it fair ?
Who is gonna hire me as a manager , no one.. I have worked as cashier (contract, customer service contract) and now working as receiver and thats as a part time job.
but thank you senioritabella for encouraging, last 2 days i feel very bad..

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
I understand you are upset but it's not fair to take it out on refugees. Many of them have had rough lives too. For starters, what did you study, if you don't mind sharing? I just looked at jobs similar to yours in Vancouver, Alberta & Mississauga and there doesn't seem to be an education requirement. Most(if not all) skilled jobs have an education requirement even if it's high school. It appears you are overqualified for what you do and could be getting more bang for your buck. Others may be able to give you more pointers. Keep your head up, it shall be well.
I also couldn't find positions as 'Buyer' and Senior Service Attendant on board of a train.. how these positions are classified? are those positions eligible to CEC?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Would you be in jobs like secretary, administrative secretary, research assistant? Here's a good site to search for jobs and the NOC codes are included: www.jobbank.gc.ca

Konan1982 said:
I studied hospitality management , hotel and resort management. And now, i found out that i cant work as receptionist, office clerk, data entry, customer service, housekeeper and whole bunch of other jobs, is it fair ?
Who is gonna hire me as a manager , no one.. I have worked as cashier (contract, customer service contract) and now working as receiver and thats as a part time job.
but thank you senioritabella for encouraging, last 2 days i feel very bad..

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Retail and Wholesale Buyers (NOC 6233) - skill level B and is good for CEC
Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel (NOC 6672) - it's skill level D and will not qualify for CEC

I've seen food service supervisor jobs at tim hortons, and they don't need experience. Your skills as a cashier will be helpful. I know this isn't what you had in mind when you studied, but if it will help you get your PR, it's worth it. You can always change jobs later.

Konan1982 said:
I also couldn't find positions as 'Buyer' and Senior Service Attendant on board of a train.. how these positions are classified? are those positions eligible to CEC?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel (NOC 6672) - it's skill level D and will not qualify for CEC

I've seen food service supervisor jobs at tim hortons, and they don't need experience. Your skills as a cashier will be helpful. I know this isn't what you had in mind when you studied, but if it will help you get your PR, it's worth it. You can always change jobs later.
My recent interview was for Buyer position in big very renowned company but not wholesale or retail buyer , and also i got telephone interview to another position which is not in the list of NOC, it is Senior Service Attendant on the board of train where some of my skills are put to good use.

In Canada no experience at Tim Hortons, are you kidding me?
Still cant understand this NOC, international students should demonstrate against such a rough regulations ..

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:

no this is ridiculous, http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=6220791&Source=JobPosting&CmmGrp=GON033,GON005&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No

they really dont need experience and this position is in NOC and it s still considered low level position, cant understand that..

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:

senoritabella

what do you think about this position
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=6220791&Source=JobPosting&CmmGrp=GON033,GON005&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No

is that eligible for CEC?
thx

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/Matrix.html

from these 2 links which is more correct is it same thing? thx

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes. Refer to the other thread where it explains in detail.

Konan1982 said:
senoritabella

what do you think about this position
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=6220791&Source=JobPosting&CmmGrp=GON033,GON005&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No

is that eligible for CEC?
thx

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Same thing, the 2nd link is more detailed.

Konan1982 said:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/Matrix.html

from these 2 links which is more correct is it same thing? thx