+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shifting to Canada ?

Dhruv47

Jul 24, 2018
Hello Everyone ,

I am 24 yrs old and have completed my PGDM in marketing and working in sales for Nestle India since last 3 months.

My Sister is in Canada from last 6 years and has PR. She wants me to shift to Canada now. Should I quit my job and move to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone ,

I am 24 yrs old and have completed my PGDM in marketing and working in sales for Nestle India since last 3 months.

My Sister is in Canada from last 6 years and has PR. She wants me to shift to Canada now. Should I quit my job and move to Canada?
You cannot simply move to Canada because you have a sister there.

If you wish to move to Canada, you must either have a valid work permit or a valid study permit - or have applied for and been issued a PR visa.

Your sister most likely cannot sponsor you for PR. You would most likely have to qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. To qualify to immigrate, you must have at least one year of full time paid work experience.

To obtain a work permit, you need a job offer in Canada and your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Generally speaking, it's next to impossible to find an employer willing to go through this process in Canada.

Reactions: bellaluna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I asked for a transfer but that is looking next to impossible.
ICT is only possible if you are in an executive role or have very highly specialized knowledge. Also, your company has to be willing to go through the ICT process and complete the required paperwork.

Dhruv47

Jul 24, 2018
You cannot simply move to Canada because you have a sister there.

If you wish to move to Canada, you must either have a valid work permit or a valid study permit - or have applied for and been issued a PR visa.

Your sister most likely cannot sponsor you for PR. You would most likely have to qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. To qualify to immigrate, you must have at least one year of full time paid work experience.

To obtain a work permit, you need a job offer in Canada and your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Generally speaking, it's next to impossible to find an employer willing to go through this process in Canada.

Thank you for replying.

I just want to know that if I work for 6 months or one year at Nestle India, then how my experience will help me to get a good job in canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for replying.

I just want to know that if I work for 6 months or one year at Nestle India, then how my experience will help me to get a good job in canada?
The chances of getting a job in Canada so that you can secure a work permit is effectively nil. It's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

You should focus on qualifying to immigrate. I would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry process. It's a points-based immigration process - so you will want to calculate how many points you have now and understand what you need to do in order to qualify. As of now, you need 440+ points to be selected under this program.