+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shift manager job NOC code

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys. I am wondering if you help me here. Actually my first query is about my job as a shift manager but i am not sure if this job experiance is acceptable for federable skilled worker category in any NOC level. Secondly i would like to know if anybody knows that at what minimum wage i should work if i am taking experiance under NOC B level job. Please if anybody knows about these conditions please respond me as soon as possible. Thank you

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi guys. I am wondering if you help me here. Actually my first query is about my job as a shift manager but i am not sure if this job experiance is acceptable for federable skilled worker category in any NOC level. Secondly i would like to know if anybody knows that at what minimum wage i should work if i am taking experiance under NOC B level job. Please if anybody knows about these conditions please respond me as soon as possible. Thank you
NOC for shift manager in food services can apply for FSW.
And about minimum pay would be around CAD $15 p/h

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
NOC for shift manager in food services can apply for FSW.
And about minimum pay would be around CAD $15 p/h
Shift Manager in food service is NOC 6311-Food Service Supervisors (Type B) which is accepted in Express Entry. And your minimum wage should be according the country where you are/were employed not as per Canadian minimum wage.

edit: I have shown 3.4 years part time (20 hours/week) work experience as Shift manager at McDonald's in London, UK. I got 2.3 years equivalency calculated by Case Analyst and he has put my eligibility as recommended pass. I used to get GBP 7.50 per hour that time which is mentioned in my experience letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: babyfacez

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Shift Manager in food service is NOC 6311-Food Service Supervisors (Type B) which is accepted in Express Entry. And your minimum wage should be according the country where you are/were employed not as per Canadian minimum wage.

edit: I have shown 3.4 years part time (20 hours/week) work experience as Shift manager at McDonald's in London, UK. I got 2.3 years equivalency calculated by Case Analyst and he has put my eligibility as recommended pass. I used to get GBP 7.50 per hour that time which is mentioned in my experience letter.
Have you got your PR yet?

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Thank you guys. I am wondering if you could help me again. Actually i have only given name on my passport but when i try to fill my online form for express entry they as my last name too. Now i m not sure to proceed further and what to put at place of my family name or last name. I tried to put symbols there but it didn't work. PLEASE let me know if you know how to solve this issue. Thank you

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019

Your detailed answer was so helpful. Thank you.

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Ishq 74, I have worked for McDonald's as Shift Manager in London too.I have a problem in getting a letter according to required/correct format.Is it possible to request one from Head Office does it still count?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Ishq 74, I have worked for McDonald's as Shift Manager in London too.I have a problem in getting a letter according to required/correct format.Is it possible to request one from Head Office does it still count?
Did you work for the Company or a franchisee? If company then you need to contact the head office. You may look at your appointment letter and find the HR manager details?
If you have worked for a franchisee then go to the franchisee HR manager (where you get your payment from) and ask him/her to issue you the letter. The letter must be on Mcdonalds official letterhead. Business/Store manager do not have this letterhead so you must get it from HR manager/officer.

Tips: Google "UK Mcdonalds shift manager duties"- you should come up with a flyer which mentions all the duties. Prepare a reference letter by following IRCC guidelines. Then email it to the HR manager. I had very good relationship with my franchisee HR manager as I worked for them about 5 years as a shift manager. She followed my emailed letter. Prepared it on company letterhead, printed and signed it, scanned it and sent back to me. I submitted that along with the payslips, p60 and p45 of all 5 years.

Good Luck!

IRCC guidelines for Job letter-

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Did you work for the Company or a franchisee? If company then you need to contact the head office. You may look at your appointment letter and find the HR manager details?
If you have worked for a franchisee then go to the franchisee HR manager (where you get your payment from) and ask him/her to issue you the letter. The letter must be on Mcdonalds official letterhead. Business/Store manager do not have this letterhead so you must get it from HR manager/officer.

Tips: Google "UK Mcdonalds shift manager duties"- you should come up with a flyer which mentions all the duties. Prepare a reference letter by following IRCC guidelines. Then email it to the HR manager. I had very good relationship with my franchisee HR manager as I worked for them about 5 years as a shift manager. She followed my emailed letter. Prepared it on company letterhead, printed and signed it, scanned it and sent back to me. I submitted that along with the payslips, p60 and p45 of all 5 years.

Good Luck!

IRCC guidelines for Job letter-

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Ishq 74 thank u so much for ur time and information. I really appreciate your help and assistance. I was under the company, basically recruitment was done by Consultant's assistant and I dont think so she is still with the company.I will give a try by contacting the Head Office.

I have all the tax documents and pay slips with me. Did u send your BSM certificate too?

Thank you again!

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Ishq74 I tried emailing head office and they have given me the factual information like my position, employment period and tax details.

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
My case is a bit more complicated. I too was a shift manager whilst studying, however I worked more than 20 hours a week 90% of the time. I would sometimes work between 30 - 40 hours a week. Since I don't have a definitive number of hours, how would this be listed on my profile and Work exp letter?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My case is a bit more complicated. I too was a shift manager whilst studying, however I worked more than 20 hours a week 90% of the time. I would sometimes work between 30 - 40 hours a week. Since I don't have a definitive number of hours, how would this be listed on my profile and Work exp letter?
Were you an international student? if yes then you should not show more than 20 hours as this will raise questions. In my reference letter I just had "20 hours per week" and the duration. It was 43 months 20 hours per week and IRCC converted it equivalent to 27 months full time. If you have any period of full time work which was legally done then you need to mention that period separately in your profile and in the reference letter too and upload the same letter every time. for example-

Duration: Jan 2010 - Dec 2010
Hours: 20 hours per week
Position: Shift Manager

Duration: Jan 2011 - Apr 2011
Hours: 30 hours per week

Duration: May 2011 - Dec 2011
Hours: 20 hours per week

Reactions: babyfacez