App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Which of the two colleges is better for a 2 year diploma in Business- Accounting?
Also area-wise? In terms of more job opportunities (part-time for now), or maybe where accommodation is easy to find and so on..

Thank you

sabybas

Aug 12, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
varma said:
your profile plz?
Sure

10th: 60%
12th: 60% (commerce without math)
IELTS: 7

Applied for a 2 year diploma in Accounting in Sheridan and George Brown. Got offer letter from Sheridan yesterday. Waiting for GBC.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
sabybas said:
Which of the two colleges is better for a 2 year diploma in Business- Accounting?
Also area-wise? In terms of more job opportunities (part-time for now), or maybe where accommodation is easy to find and so on..

Thank you
Both have about the same reputation. Get as far away from Toronto as you can because rents are crazy expensive. If you still have the option, I'd apply to Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. Cheap rents, great school. Good local employment scene.

sabybas

Aug 12, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Unhappy said:
Both have about the same reputation. Get as far away from Toronto as you can because rents are crazy expensive. If you still have the option, I'd apply to Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. Cheap rents, great school. Good local employment scene.
I've already applied in both of the colleges and got offer letter from Sheridan already. Waiting for GBC. I'm running out of time so can't consider or wait for another college now. So, I'll have to choose from the two. I can't consider any place other than GTA.

Thanks for your suggestions though. Appreciated.

Can you tell me more about the rent? I mean is it expensive everywhere? And is it easy to find someone to share a basement with or something?

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
sabybas said:
I've already applied in both of the colleges and got offer letter from Sheridan already. Waiting for GBC. I'm running out of time so can't consider or wait for another college now. So, I'll have to choose from the two. I can't consider any place other than GTA.

Thanks for your suggestions though. Appreciated.

Can you tell me more about the rent? I mean is it expensive everywhere? And is it easy to find someone to share a basement with or something?
Check craiglist.com for Toronto rents, or one of our newspapers...maybe Toronto Star (Torstar.com ??). Ya it's crazy in Toronto. You can of course team up with other students but we have strict rules about how many people can live in an apartment or room. If you wanted just a 1 room 'bachelor's' apartment, you could easily be charged $1,000 per month. Humber may have subsidized student housing but it would be highly competitive and maybe favour citizens. I don't know. Do some research. I think you are young so if you can't afford Toronto, another year of saving and applying to cheaper smaller city Colleges won't kill you.

sabybas

Aug 12, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Unhappy said:
Check craiglist.com for Toronto rents, or one of our newspapers...maybe Toronto Star (Torstar.com ??). Ya it's crazy in Toronto. You can of course team up with other students but we have strict rules about how many people can live in an apartment or room. If you wanted just a 1 room 'bachelor's' apartment, you could easily be charged $1,000 per month. Humber may have subsidized student housing but it would be highly competitive and maybe favour citizens. I don't know. Do some research. I think you are young so if you can't afford Toronto, another year of saving and applying to cheaper smaller city Colleges won't kill you.
Okay then. Thanks for helping!

Still, any further help/info from anyone is appreciated.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Either of them is equally good, but avoid Fanshawe college at all costs. One of the worst colleges in terms of faculty and administration, nd far away from Toronto , so no really networking or job opportunities.

sabybas

Aug 12, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
cute_guy said:
Either of them is equally good, but avoid Fanshawe college at all costs. One of the worst colleges in terms of faculty and administration, nd far away from Toronto , so no really networking or job opportunities.
I'll maybe stick to Sheridan then. Thanks