+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing my travel to Canada experience

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Here is my complete visa timeline - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/done-with-the-whole-process-complete-timeline-india.714149/#post-9066286

I traveled to Canada on January 2nd' 2021 via Air India direct flight from Delhi to Toronto.

Documents verification by Air India staff:

Air India staff verified my documents and made sure I am exempt to travel. They asked for documents like tuition fees payment, DLI offer letter (letter of enrolment in my case since I am a returning student), etc. Note: I wasn't asked for covid test report since the new measure will be applicable from January 07th' 2021. So, make sure you carry covid test report if you're traveling port January 07th' 2021.

Time: 2 hours

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:
Asked for 2 simple forms ( Traveler's info form and Custom form ). You will get these forms in the airplane.

Officer 2: Asked for my passport, ArriveCan, traveler's info and custom forms. Directed me to go to the immigration section for permits.

Officer 3: Asked for my passport and gave me 2 permits (study and coop work permit) without even asking any question. Not even POE letter.

Time: 10 minutes

Good luck everyone!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here is my complete visa timeline - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/done-with-the-whole-process-complete-timeline-india.714149/#post-9066286

I traveled to Canada on January 2nd' 2021 via Air India direct flight from Delhi to Toronto.

Air India staff verified my documents and made sure I am exempt to travel. They asked for documents like tuition fees payment, DLI offer letter (letter of enrolment in my case since I am a returning student), etc. Note: I wasn't asked for covid test report since the new measure will be applicable from January 07th' 2021. So, make sure you carry covid test report if you're traveling port January 07th' 2021.

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:
Asked for 2 simple forms ( Traveler's info form and Custom form ). You will get these forms in the airplane.

Officer 2: Asked for my passport, ArriveCan, traveler's info and custom forms. Directed me to go to the immigration section for permits.

Officer 3: Asked for my passport and gave me 2 permits (study and coop work permit) without even asking any question. Not even POE letter.

Good luck everyone!
So disappointing that Canada has still not stepped up their quarantine screening after they keep on declaring they have.:rolleyes:

Reactions: wonderbly

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:

Good luck everyone!

Thank you for these update.
All the best.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:

Good luck everyone!
good luck and be safe. Welcome to Canada!

Pascalala

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Co

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations dear... I tap from your blessings.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
So disappointing that Canada has still not stepped up their quarantine screening after they keep on declaring they have.:rolleyes:
Yes, screening protocols at the airport were not so good. However, they are very strict with quarantine rules. They do random visits and calls. Plus, daily symptoms check on ArriveCan. DLI(s) do the same as instructed by the government.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Yes, screening protocols at the airport were not so good. However, they are very strict with quarantine rules. They do random visits and calls. Plus, daily symptoms check on ArriveCan. DLI(s) do the same as instructed by the government.
Where are you quarantining? Airbnb? Tell us more about it? Like what are the requirements for it?

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY

Arrival at Canada:

Officer 1:

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations!!! I have a question, do you fill in your details in the ArriveCan app from the airport or can you do it at home? Please talk a little bit about that app.

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
Hey guys, I'll be flying in a couple of weeks. Here are some concerns:

1) Is it mandatory to be a hotel room for quarantine (starting from January 26th) or could it be an Airbnb - entire place rented?
2) Can we take a taxi/Uber from the Airport to the place?
3) Can we provide a friends' number, even if the person doesn't live around were you are quarantining? (as my current mobile # won't work in CA)
4) Regarding the ArriveCAN, which answer should apply for STUDY purposes:
Please indicate the type of exempt travel you are performing on this trip (required)
Cross-border work
Essential services
Medical support

Trade or transport

Thx!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, I'll be flying in a couple of weeks. Here are some concerns:

1) Is it mandatory to be a hotel room for quarantine (starting from January 26th) or could it be an Airbnb - entire place rented?
2) Can we take a taxi/Uber from the Airport to the place?
3) Can we provide a friends' number, even if the person doesn't live around were you are quarantining? (as my current mobile # won't work in CA)
4) Regarding the ArriveCAN, which answer should apply for STUDY purposes:
Please indicate the type of exempt travel you are performing on this trip (required)
Cross-border work
Essential services
Medical support

Trade or transport

Thx!
There seems to be changes coming soon so my answers are based on current conditions.
1. airbnb is fine as long as you are not sharing with non-travellers
2. Yes. The Uber/taxi will require you to sit in the back and not behind the driver. both you and the driver will wear masks and the windows will be partially down for ventilation.
3. Not sure because public health must contact you. you can provide your international number. There must be others in a similar situation.
4. Not sure

Reactions: DCA and Ppun

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
It asks you - "Please provide your primary telephone number and an email address where you can be reached while in Canada". If your primary phone number doesn't work, the next best thing would be to provide the AirBNB number where your are isolating, they can somehow connect you with Public Health when they call. You can provide the international number as secondary phone.

Those options are for exempt travel. If you're coming for study, select study in the previous menu.

Reactions: DCA

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
It asks you - "Please provide your primary telephone number and an email address where you can be reached while in Canada". If your primary phone number doesn't work, the next best thing would be to provide the AirBNB number where your are isolating, they can somehow connect you with Public Health when they call. You can provide the international number as secondary phone.

Those options are for exempt travel. If you're coming for study, select study in the previous menu.
Plenty of VoIP services online that allow you to get a Canadian mobile number for cheap anywhere in the wold. Instead of bothering with expensive international roaming, just subscribe to any of these services for a month.

Reactions: DCA