+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing my POE experience for newcommers!

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Hello friends,
I know that there are so many applicants who are going to travel here soon in future and they are willing to know about the experience at POE. So here I am to share my experience with you guyz..
I landed in toronto city yesterday and when I came to a counter to get my study permit, immigration officer did not ask me anything except 2 questions. 1) How are you Sir? 2)May i have your passport?
I put my passport and introduction letter in front of him and he took only few minz to issue me a study permit. In total, from appearing on the counter to getting a study permit, only took 5-7minz for me.
But this may not be the case with every1 like there was a chinese girl in another counter next to me and the visa officer was asking her about different things. She went before me to the counter and was still there when i left the place. Just be confident and keep your other documents with you like payment invoice, offer letter, proof of funds etc in case if they ask.

Best regards!

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Thanks for sharing sil3nt3y3s and congrats and good luck with your adventures! :)

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Floje said:
Thanks for sharing sil3nt3y3s and congrats and good luck with your adventures! :)
You are welcomed bro!
Best of luck for your future too :)

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Thanks bro! :)

EVIL007

Sep 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
upfront
Congrats and thanks.

iqan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Passport Req..
with file
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2015
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH on 27-04-2015
silent3y3s said:
Hello friends,
I know that there are so many applicants who are going to travel here soon in future and they are willing to know about the experience at POE. So here I am to share my experience with you guyz..
I landed in toronto city yesterday and when I came to a counter to get my study permit, immigration officer did not ask me anything except 2 questions. 1) How are you Sir? 2)May i have your passport?
I put my passport and introduction letter in front of him and he took only few minz to issue me a study permit. In total, from appearing on the counter to getting a study permit, only took 5-7minz for me.
But this may not be the case with every1 like there was a chinese girl in another counter next to me and the visa officer was asking her about different things. She went before me to the counter and was still there when i left the place. Just be confident and keep your other documents with you like payment invoice, offer letter, proof of funds etc in case if they ask.

Best regards!
good luck :) with your future :)

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
thanks a lot silent :)
just one question... how do you find POE office/counter on the airport?
i have connecting flight to winnipeg within 2 hours of arrival at toronto.. surely wouldn't want to miss that..

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
silent3y3s said:
Hello friends,

Best regards!
when your class will start?

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
shubzy said:
thanks a lot silent :)
just one question... how do you find POE office/counter on the airport?
i have connecting flight to winnipeg within 2 hours of arrival at toronto.. surely wouldn't want to miss that..
When you land in toronto and enter in airport building premises, there are many signs indicating either to baggage claim or connecting flights. Since i did not have any connecting flight so i followed that baggage claim sign and it was easy to find immigration counter. Once i got my study permit from that counter, i entered the baggage claim area where i collected my luggage and left the airport.

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
silent3y3s said:
When you land in toronto and enter in airport building premises, there are many signs indicating either to baggage claim or connecting flights. Since i did not have any connecting flight so i followed that baggage claim sign and it was easy to find immigration counter. Once i got my study permit from that counter, i entered the baggage claim area where i collected my luggage and left the airport.
ohkay...
i got the idea... thanks buddy :D

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
silent3y3s said:
Hello friends,

Best regards!
i wonder how it will go for me, coz i had the visa on my passport since 2013 but i didn't make it at the time now i want to move to sep intake and for sure its not the same program of study i applied for i even changed its duration from 4 years to 1

do you guys know about that or should i apply for a new visa?