AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
My decision was made yesterday, hopefully I can add to this Carway report in the near future :-D

KAMEC

Jul 31, 2013
arowberry said:
My decision was made yesterday, hopefully I can add to this Carway report in the near future :-D
It took me 2 months from DM to PPR. ( Actually 15 days from DM to RPRF; and another 1.5 months from RPRF to PPR). Hopefully you can receive your PPR SOON! :D

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
KAMEC said:
It took me 2 months from DM to PPR. ( Actually 15 days from DM to RPRF; and another 1.5 months from RPRF to PPR). Hopefully you can receive your PPR SOON! :D
No PPR required for me, so I'm hoping I get that letter within the next 7-10 days :)

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Officers in Carway are just... rude. I went there to renew my work permit (International Experience Canada) and they told me that they don't renew work permits. After 10 minutes trying to tell them what they have to do I decided to go to Coutts. I've been there twice and no problems with them. Even the first time I asked them about Carway and they told me that they should have issued me the new work permit. At the end, a supervisor came and took notes of the problems I had there.
I'm never ever going to Carway again, for sure. Also, the roads to get to Coutts are in better conditions :)

Reactions: Drigobrazil

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
miglop2014 said:
Officers in Carway are just... rude. I went there to renew my work permit (International Experience Canada) and they told me that they don't renew work permits. After 10 minutes trying to tell them what they have to do I decided to go to Coutts. I've been there twice and no problems with them. Even the first time I asked them about Carway and they told me that they should have issued me the new work permit. At the end, a supervisor came and took notes of the problems I had there.
I'm never ever going to Carway again, for sure. Also, the roads to get to Coutts are in better conditions :)
The main reason I'm not considering going to Coutts, is that it's an extra 40-50 minutes each way from Calgary (at least according to Google maps). Unless processing is likely to be significantly faster in Coutts than Carway, then I would rather cope with a grumpy officer than spending extra time driving through the monotonous prairies.

I guess if there is a significant amount of snowfall, then Coutts might be the better option though.

More thoughts are welcome :)

stray cat

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
24-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014
Interview........
RPRF: Paid 26-09-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR: 12-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
arowberry said:
The main reason I'm not considering going to Coutts, is that it's an extra 40-50 minutes each way from Calgary (at least according to Google maps). Unless processing is likely to be significantly faster in Coutts than Carway, then I would rather cope with a grumpy officer than spending extra time driving through the monotonous prairies.

I guess if there is a significant amount of snowfall, then Coutts might be the better option though.

More thoughts are welcome :)
I'm heading down that way this weekend mate, will let you know how it is. Still not sure which one to head for

Scarlet9

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
LANDED..........
13-11-2014
I landed in Carway on Thursday afternoon! The US officers were so friendly and professional. It took less than 10 minutes to get my administrative refusal. First question the Canadian officer asked me was why I did not book an appointment in Edmonton. He took my passport and COPR and told me to wait in the waiting room. The office was quiet and there was no one there. He called me out in 15 or so minutes and asked me to sign my COPR. He handed me a document and said, "You are now a Permanent Resident, read this document, bye!" He turned away and walked to the back. I was stunned by how abrupt he was but I was too happy to let it get to me. He didn't ask me for my work permit or old documents!

If you read this Arowberry, the roads were better than I thought so hopefully the snow holds off until you go!

Turco

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
vark said:
Congrats KAMEC!!

+1 for sharing your experience :) ;D

Guys , I have a question About #3.

One of my extension of my work permit was rejected and the letter said i had 90 days to extend my permit or to leave to country.
I left the country after 3 weeks after seeing my options.

Does this count as ""asked to leave Canada?" ??

I don't think so. They are just giving you options to not stay illegally in Canada.

Thank you guys
Cheers,
Varun

stray cat

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
24-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
I landed at Coutts today :D

Firstly, road conditions from Calgary all the way down were good, no problems

Arrived at the US border. The officer there asked for purpose of visit and I explained we were doing our PR landing and needed to return to the Canadian border. She took our passports and told us to park at the building, then go inside and wait. After about 15 minutes another officer brought us our passports with the US administrative refusal. She explained that this was just to prove we had been to US border and it would not affect any future travel to the US. She then led us out to the car park and took us back to the road leading to the Canadian border.

At the Canadian border we explained to the officer that we were landing for PR. He gave us another piece of paper, told us to park up outside the building and report to the desk inside.

The officer at the desk took our passports and papers, looked up at us and said "PR landing? There are other people in front of you. You will have to wait. Take a seat"

He wasn't rude or anything, just appeared totally disinterested really.....

Meanwhile an officer dealing with another applicant was giving them a hard time. He was quite loud and pushy and intimidating when talking to people. I may be wrong, just the impression that I got. My nerves were jangling by this time lol.

Luckily for us, when we were called up after about 2 hours we were greeted by a very pleasant, talkative and informative officer. He put us at ease and went through our landing with no problems at all. Just asked us to declare that we had not been convicted or charged with any crime, had never been refused entry or asked to leave Canada and also that we had no other dependents that were not listed on our paperwork.

He then returned our passports to us, informed us that it could take up to 90 days to receive PR card, that we needed to update our SIN and Alberta Health and we were now permanent residents! Wished us a good day and good luck and we were on our way :D

Total time on site from arrival to departure was about 3 hours. Actual time with officer going through landing process about 20 minutes.

run-Man

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
stray cat said:
I landed at Coutts today :D

Firstly, road conditions from Calgary all the way down were good, no problems

Arrived at the US border. The officer there asked for purpose of visit and I explained we were doing our PR landing and needed to return to the Canadian border. She took our passports and told us to park at the building, then go inside and wait. After about 15 minutes another officer brought us our passports with the US administrative refusal. She explained that this was just to prove we had been to US border and it would not affect any future travel to the US. She then led us out to the car park and took us back to the road leading to the Canadian border.

At the Canadian border we explained to the officer that we were landing for PR. He gave us another piece of paper, told us to park up outside the building and report to the desk inside.

The officer at the desk took our passports and papers, looked up at us and said "PR landing? There are other people in front of you. You will have to wait. Take a seat"

He wasn't rude or anything, just appeared totally disinterested really.....

Meanwhile an officer dealing with another applicant was giving them a hard time. He was quite loud and pushy and intimidating when talking to people. I may be wrong, just the impression that I got. My nerves were jangling by this time lol.

Luckily for us, when we were called up after about 2 hours we were greeted by a very pleasant, talkative and informative officer. He put us at ease and went through our landing with no problems at all. Just asked us to declare that we had not been convicted or charged with any crime, had never been refused entry or asked to leave Canada and also that we had no other dependents that were not listed on our paperwork.

He then returned our passports to us, informed us that it could take up to 90 days to receive PR card, that we needed to update our SIN and Alberta Health and we were now permanent residents! Wished us a good day and good luck and we were on our way :D

Total time on site from arrival to departure was about 3 hours. Actual time with officer going through landing process about 20 minutes.
90 days to receive the cards?? Waaww... CIC website shows the current times are 16 days

stray cat

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
24-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
run-Man said:
90 days to receive the cards?? Waaww... CIC website shows the current times are 16 days
Yeah, I was surprised but he said it may come sooner, just don't be worried if it takes up to 90 days. To be honest I'm just so happy this is coming to an end lol

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I have a few questions about landing in AB, can anyone help out?

1. Carway or Coutts: which is best for weekend (saturday or sunday) landing?

2. do I need to bring all of the old work and study permits?

3. I recently moved to AB but my car has a SK plate, as well as I have a SK driving license. Would this be a problem? Should I change them before landing?

Thanks for the input

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
PhDstudent said:
I have a few questions about landing in AB, can anyone help out?

1. Carway or Coutts: which is best for weekend (saturday or sunday) landing?

2. do I need to bring all of the old work and study permits?

3. I recently moved to AB but my car has a SK plate, as well as I have a SK driving license. Would this be a problem? Should I change them before landing?

Thanks for the input
any advice?

stray cat

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
24-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Sorry this is a late reply PhD< I'm only browsing on here occasionally.

Did my landing at Coutts on a Saturday. Took about 3 hours all told, there were a few people waiting before us.

I took all of my previous permits and the CBSA guy took them off me.

Not sure about the car and licence stuff. I was never questioned or asked for details regarding my car or driving licence.

Have you landed? Funny thing is......the week after I landed I had a call from the CIC office in Edmonton inviting me to do my landing at their office on Jasper Ave. As I had already landed it wasn't necessary but it would have saved me a full day of travel. Wish they had called me before I went to Coutts