+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing My Experience

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for taking the time of reading me, we'll see how useful my can information be.

I am currently in the process of a tourist Visa.
I started this process on October 9th, where I uploaded all my documentation and paid the fees.

I am 27 years old, no kids, no husband, not house of my own, no car or any property.
I have a 3 year job at a very reputable company from the US in my country Honduras [Central America] where I work as a Team Leader.

I presented only my bank funds, which are no more than $2000 US. And also presented a strong job letter, a strong cover letter and my complete Itinerary (with all the other information they requested)
All of these where minutely written to make sure I make my intentions in not staying in Canada clear.

I also included my friend invitation letter, his passport scan, his job letter, bank funds, birth certificate since he is a Canadian citizen.
Where he also strongly mentioned this is only a brief visit for the holidays.

Glidepath:
October 9th - Submitted application
October 10th - Biometrics letter request
October 11th - Made appointment for my biometrics to be taken
October 15th - Biometrics were processed
October 21st - Validation of Biometrics letter was received.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 15, 2019 Completed.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have read on many posts some people has rather received an Approval or Refused letter 1-2 business days after this, nevertheless most applicants in my country say it can take up to 2 weeks.

Compared to many countries and posts, I see my process is moving very fast, so I am curious to see how long can my response take. This is everything I have so far, I will make sure to share here what happens next.

Thanks for your time and wish for my success! ;)

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Update:

Today I recieved another letter, un which the application status says the following

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
InterviewHelp - Interview
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
The Letter I received today was for passport request.

The letter doesnt specify if I was rejected nor approved, it only specifies to send in my passport.

I will do that today and keep in you informed once I get my passport back.

Reactions: NiyomalGalkotuwa

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Final Decision : Approved mean Your application is approved so sent your passport or go to nearest vfs with this letter and passport

Reactions: kvonrosen

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Final Decision : Approved mean Your application is approved so sent your passport or go to nearest vfs with this letter and passport
Thanks!
I am so happy but at the same time very curious of the eligibility still being on processing, but the final desicion says approved and they ask for my passport.

This is a legit proof of approval right?

Naeem nazari

Oct 21, 2019
From w
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for taking the time of reading me, we'll see how useful my can information be.

I am currently in the process of a tourist Visa.
I started this process on October 9th, where I uploaded all my documentation and paid the fees.

I am 27 years old, no kids, no husband, not house of my own, no car or any property.
I have a 3 year job at a very reputable company from the US in my country Honduras [Central America] where I work as a Team Leader.

I presented only my bank funds, which are no more than $2000 US. And also presented a strong job letter, a strong cover letter and my complete Itinerary (with all the other information they requested)
All of these where minutely written to make sure I make my intentions in not staying in Canada clear.

I also included my friend invitation letter, his passport scan, his job letter, bank funds, birth certificate since he is a Canadian citizen.
Where he also strongly mentioned this is only a brief visit for the holidays.

Glidepath:
October 9th - Submitted application
October 10th - Biometrics letter request
October 11th - Made appointment for my biometrics to be taken
October 15th - Biometrics were processed
October 21st - Validation of Biometrics letter was received.

Biometrics
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have read on many posts some people has rather received an Approval or Refused letter 1-2 business days after this, nevertheless most applicants in my country say it can take up to 2 weeks.

Compared to many countries and posts, I see my process is moving very fast, so I am curious to see how long can my response take. This is everything I have so far, I will make sure to share here what happens next.

Thanks for your time and wish for my success! ;)
from which date it is changed from(we will send you a massage when we start reviewing your eligibility) to (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements)

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
From w

from which date it is changed from(we will send you a massage when we start reviewing your eligibility) to (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements)
On October 21st, my application still had the
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
I think it remained like that for the entire process.

On morning October 22nd status changed to:
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

Everything was very fast for me, like I showed in my timeline above, from the moment I submitted all my documents til the moment I got my Visa approved (including biometrics process within this time) it took me almost 2 weeks the entire process.

Today I sent my passport and I will expect it to be back in about 2-3 weeks.

I'll update here again once I have it with me.

Naeem nazari

Oct 21, 2019
On October 21st, my application still had the
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
I think it remained like that for the entire process.

On morning October 22nd status changed to:
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

Everything was very fast for me, like I showed in my timeline above, from the moment I submitted all my documents til the moment I got my Visa approved (including biometrics process within this time) it took me almost 2 weeks the entire process.

Today I sent my passport and I will expect it to be back in about 2-3 weeks.

I'll update here again once I have it with me.
Where did you apply from?

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Update:

Today I recieved another letter, un which the application status says the following

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
InterviewHelp - Interview
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
Background checkHelp - Background check
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
The Letter I received today was for passport request.

The letter doesnt specify if I was rejected nor approved, it only specifies to send in my passport.

I will do that today and keep in you informed once I get my passport back.
just asking for my cousin,, we just applied his visitor visa.... when did you received visitor acknowledgment letter??

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
just asking for my cousin,, we just applied his visitor visa.... when did you received visitor acknowledgment letter??
Right after I got my Biometrics validation letter, it's a letter that is sent to everyone who does the biometrics.
This letter acknowledges that your fingerprints and photo is valid for the next 10 years. And this is a normal process for everyone.
Thay happened on October 21st.
The morning on October 22nd I got my final desicion status as specified above and a letter requesting for my passport.

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Right after I got my Biometrics validation letter, it's a letter that is sent to everyone who does the biometrics.
This letter acknowledges that your fingerprints and photo is valid for the next 10 years. And this is a normal process for everyone.
Thay happened on October 21st.
The morning on October 22nd I got my final desicion status as specified above and a letter requesting for my passport.
So means one day before passport request

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Another quick update for my passport.
Passport was sent to the VAC here in my country on Oct 23, and from there is supposed to be sent to Mexico for stamping (since we dont have ircc in Honduras)

The following emails have been sent to me on October 25 at the same time:

Visa application, tracking ID No.(my number) has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-10-25 10:11:55 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Visa application, tracking ID No(my number) The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Mexico OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Mexico OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Visa application, tracking ID No.(my number)has been received at the Mexico OC VAC on 2019-10-25 10:18:33 PM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Mexico OC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Today I recieved this new email:

Visa application, tracking ID No.(my number) is under process at the IRCC Office. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Do you know how long does it takes for a passport to get stamped? Thanks in advance.