+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your timeline - Under Startup Visa (SUV) Stream?

BiancaVu

May 6, 2021
We Applied in 3/2021
Recieved Temporary file number on 1 of April
they are pretty much slow with the paper based SUV Applications. Incubator mentioned IRCC assured them that all open applications from 2020 under SUV Stream will be finalized within 18 months time. They just have been super slow due to covid. Hang in there guys and let's be Patient. :)
I sent in 3/2021 and received temporary file numer on 1 of Apr
Still waiting ...

HelloSUVCanada

Feb 8, 2021
hey Guys,

I applied for PR under SUV in Jan 2020 and got an AOR on Feb 10, 2020 and then COVID happened.

IRCC Picked up my file in August and asked for a series of documents again. here is my timeline, what's yours?

AOR Feb 10, 20
Biometrics - Feb 11 20
ADR request - Aug 5, 20
Medical Passed - Aug 7, 20
ADR Request Sep 11, 20
ADR Request Sep 17, 20
MR for NEWBorn baby - Nov 11
Medical Passed - Nov 26, 20

Any idea what can be the next steps? I applied through a Lawyer, therefore, can not see any update online and the ecas update using UCI number is not updated.

What is yours?
What is the status of your case now?

SUVnewcomer

Aug 4, 2021
Hi. I am new to this Forum and have an intention to apply SUV shortly. Just some questions would like to see if you guys can give me some advice:

1. IRCC says the applicant is not required to come to Canada until we get the PR, but it requires us to perform essentially to the business. How could we satisfy this point if we are outside of Canada?
2. I heard some people said that even IRCC says we are not required to come to Canada before issuance of PR, IRCC actually still want us to come to Canada before we are able to obtain PR by applying Work Permit. But what if we fail to obtain PR at the end? Does it mean we need to close our business and back to origin country right away?
3. If the above point 2 is valid, it seems it is rather unsecure if we obtained Work Permit to enter into Canada but end up being rejected with PR?
4. Has anyone enter to Canada until their PR issued by staying in their origin country in here? Can you share experience, pls?

many thanks.

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
A little late to this thread but I’ve heard of many people saying that their startup visa applications have been taking years, some up to 3 years. Wouldn’t be surprised if yours haven’t finished processing yet.