+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your passport stamping time

pbu

Mar 3, 2017
How did you submit the passport in VFS Singapore, Courier or walk-in? What other documents did you include with the passport and the passport request letter?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Can you please share your passport stamping time with including country and opr date
Canada does not methodically stamp passports any more, you will have to ask for your passport to be stamped when you present yourself to the CBSA officer.

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
Canada does not methodically stamp passports any more, you will have to ask for your passport to be stamped when you present yourself to the CBSA officer.
People from different parts of the world refer to the process of affixing the document as "stamping" whether or not that is the actual process. I believe that's what the vast majority of people here refer to as stamping.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
People from different parts of the world refer to the process of affixing the document as "stamping" whether or not that is the actual process. I believe that's what the vast majority of people here refer to as stamping.
You cannot stamp a Canadian visa into a passport. You can stamp over the top of it.

Throughout the world, an immigration stamp is one issued individually / shared pool to officers of a country, either civilian immigration officers or police as examples. These stamps typically contain the unique stamp number, date, port of entry or exit, various security features, date of entry or exit.

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
You cannot stamp a Canadian visa into a passport. You can stamp over the top of it.

Throughout the world, an immigration stamp is one issued individually / shared pool to officers of a country, either civilian immigration officers or police as examples. These stamps typically contain the unique stamp number, date, port of entry or exit, various security features, date of entry or exit.
The reason I replied to you is because I've seen you challenging other people on this same mute point many times. My point is that while that might be the case, in many parts of the world that is how people colloquially refer to the process and no matter how many comments you write to correct the technicality, that will not change. I'm sure by this time you already understand what users on here mean by "stamp" so please, save us from further confusion by debating the term "stamp".

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
The reason I replied to you is because I've seen you challenging other people on this same mute point many times. My point is that while that might be the case, in many parts of the world that is how people colloquially refer to the process and no matter how many comments you write to correct the technicality, that will not change. I'm sure by this time you already understand what users on here mean by "stamp" so please, save us from further confusion by debating the term "stamp".
It's important to avoid confusion so it is important to know what a visa is, a stamp is, a study permit is. These are basic immigration terms and this is an immigration forum.

Bazingaa05

Nov 15, 2020
How did you submit the passport in VFS Singapore, Courier or walk-in? What other documents did you include with the passport and the passport request letter?
I got OPR on my Gckey.
Couriered the following docs to VFS SG:
- OPR
- Signed VFS Consent Form (given to u during ur BIO)
- Passport