Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hello friends,,as you know that it is really a hard decision to select cities and ielts partner ( BC ,idp) for ielts exam so , I just want to know your experience. About ielts exam in Punjab,,
experience like- staff members ( speaking examiner ,writing marking ) idp is better rather than british council
????all about your opinions,,,,those who had done ielts exam in both BC and idp kindly share your views there, with this we can help to lot of students ,,,

destroyed92

Nov 24, 2013
Vadodara, Gujarat
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2014
Med's Request
Done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected
LANDED..........
I give up on Canada!!
hardeep bal said:
Hello friends,,as you know that it is really a hard decision to select cities and ielts partner ( BC ,idp) for ielts exam so , I just want to know your experience. About ielts exam in Punjab,,
experience like- staff members ( speaking examiner ,writing marking ) idp is better rather than british council
????all about your opinions,,,,those who had done ielts exam in both BC and idp kindly share your views there, with this we can help to lot of students ,,,
According to me BC is better than idp!

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
destroyed92 said:
According to me BC is better than idp!
hey,,can u elaborate this,,,

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U of Cambridge, BC and IDP together invented IELTS. While BC manages IELTS in some countries, IDP manages in others and in few countries both of them take the exam. It's same level of difficulty everywhere be it BC or IDP. So don't worry about that.
While the answers for IDP & BC IELTS listening and reading parts are same, speaking and writing depends on the examiners. I think more than one examiner check our test. So, the only change in scores will be due to different examiners but that's possible even within BC or IDP.
Anyways, I gave the BC one. I was biased because of the word "British" in it; it's their language.
( It's like choosing between a Punjabi and someone from Haryana to check your Punjabi test. Who'd you choose? )

By the way, the exam itself is a unique experience. My centre was in Amritsar ( 3 hours drive one way ) The examiner for speaking part was very friendly and supportive. I scored the least in speaking module of all other modules but still speaking part is the fun one. It's sort of like giving interview. The writing part was the toughest for me maybe because I spent too much time on the graph question. Reading part was the most rewarding; it was challenging but I scored as I had expected. Listening part was fairly easy. Actually one part of the listening test was taken from reading paragraph of the book they send us. It was similar but obviously I didn't know the answers. I scored less than I had thought I would in listening part. We can ask them to review our test if we aren't satisfied with our performance though.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
sidhu_anwar said:
U of Cambridge, BC and IDP together invented IELTS. While BC manages IELTS in some countries, IDP manages in others and in few countries both of them take the exam. It's same level of difficulty everywhere be it BC or IDP. So don't worry about that.
While the answers for IDP & BC IELTS listening and reading parts are same, speaking and writing depends on the examiners. I think more than one examiner check our test. So, the only change in scores will be due to different examiners but that's possible even within BC or IDP.
Anyways, I gave the BC one. I was biased because of the word "British" in it; it's their language.
( It's like choosing between a Punjabi and someone from Haryana to check your Punjabi test. Who'd you choose? )

By the way, the exam itself is a unique experience. My centre was in Amritsar ( 3 hours drive one way ) The examiner for speaking part was very friendly and supportive. I scored the least in speaking module of all other modules but still speaking part is the fun one. It's sort of like giving interview. The writing part was the toughest for me maybe because I spent too much time on the graph question. Reading part was the most rewarding; it was challenging but I scored as I had expected. Listening part was fairly easy. Actually one part of the listening test was taken from reading paragraph of the book they send us. It was similar but obviously I didn't know the answers. I scored less than I had thought I would in listening part. We can ask them to review our test if we aren't satisfied with our performance though.
heyy,,thanks for your valuable response,,
what is your point of view about IDP examiners,,,, as I listened from someone they do not give sufficient score to us,,,??is it true

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
sandhu07 said:
if u need more score in writing and speaking go for idp
hey,,
which city ?? Are you talking about

2001jatt

Aug 13, 2014

i have given exams from both bc nd idp...
idp dont give bands(very very harsh marking both in speaking and writing)
on the flip side bc has very pleasan and good marking,,,i have given on march 8( idp) and 21 june(bc)

passed in 2nd attempt,,too much differnce is there

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

2001jatt said:

on the flip side bc has very pleasan and good marking,,,i have given on march 8( idp) and 21 june(bc)

Absolutely incorrect.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2001jatt said:

I don't agree with that. Both BC and IDP examiners go through training for marking the test in the best way. They themselves sit for a test every 2 years to ensure that they are qualified enough to mark others.
I must say that BC handled the whole test effectively. The examiners were professional and helpful. I didn't sit for IDP IELTS so can't compare the handling part.
At the end of the day, it's not about IDP vs BC - it's about doing everything you can to let the examiner know that you are comfortable when exposed to an English- speaking atmosphere.
Like I said before, if you think you've been given bands far below your expectations, you can ask for a review. It takes at least a month and price is around 6000; if your bands are upgraded, you will get a full refund.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
2001jatt said:

can u share your both ielts scores with us,,and how can u say BC is far better than idp?

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Well according to me both are same, i have given exams in both idp and BC, it is a misconception that one is easier/tougher than the other.
I scored 7.5 both times.
The only difference i feel is that the 'headphones' for listening exam of BC were much much better than those provided by idp. Also, the seating was quite comfortable in BC, but then that totally depends on the testing center.
I gave my IELTS in Chandigarh (both times)

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
2001jatt said:
bc-- L- 6.5, R,6.5, W,5.5,S5.5(2nd)
idp--L,6.5, R,5.0, W,4.5, S,6.0 (1s)
hey,,
can u tell me when u gave ielts exams,,?
which cities?