+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share Your Experience: How Long Does It Take to Receive PR Card After Landing?

USACanada

May 9, 2015
I landed on Nov. 28, 2015. The officer at the customs told me I should receive my PR card in 6 six weeks. But I am still waiting..... How long does it take to get the card after landing? Any experience? Should I contact CIC now? If so, how?

Also, does CIC mail all the cards in one envelope under the major applicant's name or separate mail for each family member?

Thanks for your help.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right now its taking 90 days not including mailing times. keep an eye on the processing timeframes on the CIC website. until you go over that there's no point calling them. I landed October 29 and still waiting.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
USACanada said:
I landed on Nov. 28, 2015. The officer at the customs told me I should receive my PR card in 6 six weeks. But I am still waiting..... How long does it take to get the card after landing? Any experience? Should I contact CIC now? If so, how?

Also, does CIC mail all the cards in one envelope under the major applicant's name or separate mail for each family member?

Thanks for your help.
usually it takes 6-8 weeks. but right now it increased to 90 days plus mailing time.
so keep checking processing time on cic.

also lets make a thread to track pr card timeline so we will know which month cards they are processing.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorne Malvo said:
Can one leave Canada and get the card mailed overseas?
yes you can ask someone to mail your card to overseas.

but yes until you dont get your card mailed you cannot travel to canada.

so dont book a return flight until you get your card from your friend or relative whoever mails you.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorne Malvo said:
So one could travel to Canada with COPR and then leave immediately and have the card mailed overseas?
sorry i didn't get youy so you are in canada right now?

Lorne Malvo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
ntwkengg said:
sorry i didn't get youy so you are in canada right now?
No I am not in Canada...My understanding is that one has to land with COPR prior to medical results expiring, and then forward an address to CIC and have the card mailed out...
My question was, could one land in Canada and then leave Canada and have the card mailed overseas?
Thanks

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorne Malvo said:
No I am not in Canada...My understanding is that one has to land with COPR prior to medical results expiring, and then forward an address to CIC and have the card mailed out...
My question was, could one land in Canada and then leave Canada and have the card mailed overseas?
Thanks
no. you need to give a Canadian address when you land for the card to be mailed to.
There's nothing stopping you giving the address of a friend/relative and getting them to mail it on to you, but CIC will not mail the card abroad.

Lorne Malvo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
purplesnow said:
no. you need to give a Canadian address when you land for the card to be mailed to.
There's nothing stopping you giving the address of a friend/relative and getting them to mail it on to you, but CIC will not mail the card abroad.
Thanks

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorne Malvo said:
yes you can give any friend or relative's address when you land so that cic will forward your card to that address in canada. and then ask that friend or relative to mail it to you overseas. so that you can leave canada before you get your pr card and then you can reenter only once you get your card mailed from you friend or relative who sends it to you overseas.

i think this should make it clear. :D

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
we landed in Carway alberta on March 12 and now waiting for PR card to arrive. how long does it take though?

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
Permanent Resident cards

New PR card

49 days
Last update 7-mar-16 ,

== Check again tomorrow on the following link as today (14-mar) is next update date ===
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/#