27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
dbss said:
there are many ways of going to USA but this is the only one I did for my landing...and in my case I didn't even go to the US side....there was an option of U-turn available...
Thanks. So you mean to say if put the the GPS co-ordinates, i should be able to do the landing without the need to go to USA( and obtain refusal). I can make a U-Turn? Is that what you mean?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
No, you will need to go to US and get refusal...and then come back....

The U-turn option is stopped now..

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
I landed on Jul 13 at Peace Bridge, it was very smooth landing except a small typo in my Landing paper.

I have U.S visa, So I went to Buffalo for Shopping and returned back in the evening to Canada. There were just a small group in front of me, once they are done,I told officer that I need to land, She asked me where you are coming from, I told from Buffalo. She asked me proof for that, I showed my I-94 attached to passport then she asked my CoPRs and asked if you have a job(I told yes)

She filled all the required fields in CoPR(Client copy and CIC copy), asked me to initial and sign,it was done in about 5min.
I came home and then noticed she gave year as "2013" instead of "2014" in all places.

I called call center and they sent process how to correct that.

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Any other documents they give after landing apart of updated COPR. Is this COPR useful for searching jobs if intend to change the current one or do I need to wait for PR card. Also please with this COPR can we travel to US as already having US Visa and enter Canada back as yet to get the PR card.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
KaranKrishna said:
Any other documents they give after landing apart of updated COPR. Is this COPR useful for searching jobs if intend to change the current one or do I need to wait for PR card. Also please with this COPR can we travel to US as already having US Visa and enter Canada back as yet to get the PR card.
You just need to update you SIN number to look for jobs. After landing and entering Canada, you are officially a PR of Canada for all intents and purposes. You can leave Canada without PR card but only enter via road with only your CoPR. That means you will have to enter via road from the US.

mapletrunk

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada.msn said:
Hi.. Principal Applicant needs to complete the landing first. Your wife can do it later but needs to do it as long as the visa is valid. All the best!!
What is the validity period of dependents visa? I may have same situation. Thanks

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
mapletrunk said:
What is the validity period of dependents visa? I may have same situation. Thanks
It will be the same as your immigrant visa.

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Congrats you all of you that have been thru all the waiting, and finally have got a PR.

I would like to know if there is a problem if the person in unemployed when landing?
I read all your landing experiences and notice that one of the questions asked is if the person is currently working.

I would love to know what other questions they ask, besides the ones already posted.

Thank you!!! ;)

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
Hi gentz & ladies,

We landed at Rainbow bridge on 15 July. We brought our passports, copr and all possible documents that they may asked for, just in case, ,like employment letter, bank statements, pay stubs, birth certificates even efiles of our applications.
Decided to booked a hotel for one night.
Left Toronto at 3:30, reached Niagara by 5 pm and parked the car.
Walked towards Rainbow bridge, border entrance at the back of Duty free shop.
Paid 0.50 cents each to pass thru the turnstyles. Only a few people crossing that time to U.S. side.
5 min walked to U.S. side with a great view of the falls.

Entered the U.S. immigration and waited to be called to enter.
VO asked for our passports, asked if we have U.S. visas, have we ever been to U.S., ever been refused entry U.S., any plans to enter U.S., were we lived, and lastly what's our purpose coming to U.S., which we answered, we are here to flagpole.
Then he gave us a refusal slip and showed us back to Canada.(5min)

On Canada border, there 15- 20 people lined up, the VO asked for our purpose, we said for landing as PR. Took our passports & copr, then
he gave us a slip & instructed us to cross the street to the immigration bldg.
There were a lot of tourist lined up during that time, maybe 4 tourist buses.
I thought it would take us hours to be inside the office, but one VO walked outside asking for those who are landing to follow her.

Inside only two families were also there for landing.
She asked for our passports, copr, are we employed, when/where did we arrived in Canada, address, phone nos.and told us to wait for maybe 10min. Then she called us & she let us checked if the info on our COPR are correct and asked us if we were convicted, refused entry in Canada. After that she asked if we have any questions and if we have something to declare.
After that she congratulated us and welcome us to Canada.

Overall all it was a very smooth experience.

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
We - with my wife - successfully landed in Carway, Alberta on Saturday, Aug 23, 2014.

Here is our experience:

We drove from Fort McMurray to Calgary and we just drove to the border on Saturday after breakfast. We arrived to the border a little bit after noon. At the US border we told them that we came here to land in Canada. They already know the procedure, so they asked us to park in the lot and come in to the building. When we went inside about a minute later an officer came with our refusal paper (however we have a visa but they didn't asked for it at all) and told us to good luck with our landing and that's all. They were all very kind and friendly.

Then we drove to the Canada border, and we met a not too friendly officer - I guess he just had a bad / busy day. We told them smiling - as we were exited in a positive way - that we came to land. Then he asked us, why we land in here, why we have not booked an appointment in Edmonton or Calgary. I told him that I did not knew that I can land there, and also in our landing paper was told: 1. drive to the border or go to an airport border to land 2. if you can not do this, then call this and this number, etc. But still, he told us that they are busy, several other waiting already, so it could take 4 hours or more, and it's not even sure we can land at the end if any data is not matching what's in the system, etc. My feeling was that he wanted to scare us away. :) But I told him, it's OK, we came to land so we'll wait, does not matter how ling we should. Then he took our passports and told us to park our car and go inside the building. There, a lady officer came - more friendly - and she took our landing papers and she asked for a proof of address - so I gave her my driving licence. Nothing else was required. Then we went to a waiting room what was full and waited....about after 1.5 hrs later they called my name (however there were some other people waiting longer than us), so we went to the officer's desk, "our officer" came with our paper, asked us to sign them, and he gave us the client copy signed then he told us to go to get our new SIN number and that's all. So I asked him, so we're good to go? We are PR now? And he just said, yeah, you good to go. (I was expecting something like congratulation, and to tell us few things, but nothing).

So we just drove away, stopped at the Welcome to Alberta sign to make a selfie about our landing, and then drove back to Calgary. ;) Actually we were happy, so we did not care much after about this unfriendly officer, the bottom line is that we are PR now!!!! :)