+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your beautiful landing experience ... :P :) :D ;D

simrankaur003

Sep 2, 2013
:) :D ;D Folks, Landing is like a climax to the journey and I think the most beautiful part of our journey of being Permanent Residents of this wonderful country Canada... Please all those who have done their landing and haven't shared the experience.. Please do that here on this post... for those who have already done that .. "copy & paste" here.... This is to give "Feel Good" feeling to the new aspirants and for those who are so close....

Will be waiting to hear your stories... :)

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App ECAS(In Process): 29-Apr-2014
Med's Request
30-Apr-2014 RPRF Request : 30-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
This will actually help all of us who are just at the last step and about to plan their landing :)

Cheers..!

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Landing at Sault st marir bridge. It is north side.
Had a beauyiful experience of landing at Sault St Marie bridge. 6 hr drive with friends. As soon as entered city, it rained like crazy. We were 2 people to complete landing. We didn't know where to go, cuz of rain, we couldn't see anything. We saw the bridge ahead,, but wasn't sure where to go. So we made a u turn right away and found ourself in the canadian custom car lines. Anyways, at window, we told officer tht we r here to do landing. He thought we already came back from us side. So he gave us a yellow slip and pointed us to park and go inside.
The lady on counter looked like , she would b rude. But she wasn't.
Officer: you were suppose to came back from us side as your paper says u have to leave canada
Myself: i m sorry, we were too confuse where to go and it is raining crazy. So we came back and officer told us to come inside.
Officer: can i see your papers
Handed over papers.
I apologize again and told her i didn't had us visa. So wasn't sure abt the whole process. She smiled and said its ok u r not the only one did that.
Officer: let me talk to my supervisor and see what i can do.
She came back and said she is not gonna make us drive to Us. As it was raining very bad and we were kinda confuse abt everything.
She asked 3 questions.
Do u have criminal charges. No
Do u have dependants. No
Where you work: xxxx
Asked us to write address, contact info and how much money we have on.

After that she made us sign COPR and took papers to enter into system.
After 5-8 min, she came back, comgratulate us and told us our landing is done. Also told about We will get PR card in 30 days. As i am from India. She asked and chated for 15-20 min about India. Had a really nice talk. She wished us safe drive and we had a lot of fun during our drive back. Still on my way, and enjoying.

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
Woow... Such a detailed explanation.

Just a quick question:

1. Do we need to show / declare and confirm some amount of money with us during entering Canada. I Mean i have some money in my canadian bank but currently outside Canada and will be landing once i receive my PPR > stamping.
2. Is is ok if i land and complete my process and later after few months, my wife does the same. Is it imperative that we both should do this process together.

Let me know your comments.
Cheers

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ashra said:
Woow... Such a detailed explanation.

Just a quick question:

1. Do we need to show / declare and confirm some amount of money with us during entering Canada. I Mean i have some money in my canadian bank but currently outside Canada and will be landing once i receive my PPR > stamping.

We need to declare the amount of cash we have with us. No need to show how much you have in your bank. Usually there are declaration cards on airport. You can just fill that.
2. Is is ok if i land and complete my process and later after few months, my wife does the same. Is it imperative that we both should do this process together.
I am not too sure about this. I hope somebody else could answer.
Let me know your comments.
Cheers

nirsw

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Completed my landing today at Rainbow Bridge on May 4th...Took the pedestrian bridge...Went to the US side..took I-94..observed the majestic Niagara falls for the first time from the US side...It started raining .... so had to return quickly to the Canadian Border..
The wait time was around 2 hours at the CBSA office,since there were lots of folks who did the landing today...

The actual process just took around 7-10 minutes..
There was no issues with the Original date of Entry and Last date on entry being incorrect on the COPR. The officer said that these mistakes are very common and there is no need to worry. No changes were made on the COPR.

Became a PR with God's grace...
Apart from the wait time...the whole process was smooth ...

Thanks to the wonderful ppl here for all the suggestions and most importantly providing the much required moral support when the chips were down...

Have become so habituated to visiting the forum..that even though my process is complete..will be visiting the site with the same enthusiasm to get in touch with such superb set of folks and get the latest updates

Wishing all the very best to everyone....

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
nirsw said:
Completed my landing today at Rainbow Bridge on May 4th...Took the pedestrian bridge...Went to the US side..took I-94..observed the majestic Niagara falls for the first time from the US side...It started raining .... so had to return quickly to the Canadian Border..
The wait time was around 2 hours at the CBSA office,since there were lots of folks who did the landing today...

The actual process just took around 7-10 minutes..
There was no issues with the Original date of Entry and Last date on entry being incorrect on the COPR. The officer said that these mistakes are very common and there is no need to worry. No changes were made on the COPR.

Became a PR with God's grace...
Apart from the wait time...the whole process was smooth ...

Thanks to the wonderful ppl here for all the suggestions and most importantly providing the much required moral support when the chips were down...

Have become so habituated to visiting the forum..that even though my process is complete..will be visiting the site with the same enthusiasm to get in touch with such superb set of folks and get the latest updates

Wishing all the very best to everyone....
Congrats buddy :)

Cheers

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
Received my PPR.
One step closer to success :)

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
nirsw said:
Thanks "Nirsw".

I have one question for seniors, While doing my landing process, is it possible that i do my landing process say in July and my wife does that in Dec.?? So basically me and my wife wants to do this separately? So is this possible or is it mandatory that as she is dependent as per application, so she has to be with me while i do my landing process.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Cheers

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Ashra said:
Thanks "Nirsw".

I have one question for seniors, While doing my landing process, is it possible that i do my landing process say in July and my wife does that in Dec.?? So basically me and my wife wants to do this separately? So is this possible or is it mandatory that as she is dependent as per application, so she has to be with me while i do my landing process.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Cheers
Hi.. Principal Applicant needs to complete the landing first. Your wife can do it later but needs to do it as long as the visa is valid. All the best!!

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
canada.msn said:
Hi.. Principal Applicant needs to complete the landing first. Your wife can do it later but needs to do it as long as the visa is valid. All the best!!
Thanks Canada.msn

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I remember my landing on Feb 18..

My passport got dispatched on Feb 14 and it was the long weekend...that was one long weekend that just would not end ;D...I was on vacation from office but got in on Feb 18 to collect the package from the office. I gave my office address as I wanted to make my experience letter more strong with the VO which definitely helped....

Got the package in the morning at 10:00 AM...rented a car in the afternoon...left in the evening at around 6 for my journey...I decided to land at Peace Bridge Fort Erie because you could still do the U-turn to Canada without going to US (stopped two days after)...reached there at around 7:30..got some Tim Hortons...dropped my sister and gf off at the Tim Hortons

blood pumping hard, I set towards the border.... I almost missed the U-turn because there was a lot of snow and could not see the lines for the turn and the turn is right after the sign....took the turn and then I had to go to the middle of the road for an open slot....went to the terminal...first BO said purpose of entry to Canada..I said land as permanent resident....he took my passport and license...scanned them and said to park the car in one of the parking lots and go inside the office...

Parked the car, went inside the office...there were probably 8-10 BO's chit chatting....one of the ladies called me and asked the purpose of travel..again informed her that I am landing as PR....then she said where is your family which kind of caught me by surprise...I said I am the only one landing...she said has the PA already landed because PA needs to land first and I said I am the PA....then she asked where I worked, if I had POF or pay stubs (I had both- I took them because I was under FSWP), any criminal record, any dependants, address, sign, reading the rights and I am done....honestly telling it was a nice experience, got in the car, updated FB :p, paid $3.25 toll and back I am in Canada as PR....was almost gonna go in a ditch on the way back out of excitement....went to Niagara and ate at Boston Pizza..finally after 4.5 years of studying and working the day had come...dream realized....