+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share the RNIP Processing Time Line

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
Please keep me updated on that one. And also did your employer get all paperwork done on their nd after you received your recommendation?? Because that might cause the delay. And did you apply to work permit option after you received AOR? Thank you
By employer paper work, do you mean the job offer number? If that was what you meant, YES. My employer applied for a job offer number and send it to me and that was what I use in applying for d work permit. On the part of the Aor, I applied with the screen shot of PR payment which was before Aor.

Is it best to apply after getting Aor? Could this be the reason for the dalay?

VladTT

May 11, 2023
By employer paper work, do you mean the job offer number? If that was what you meant, YES. My employer applied for a job offer number and send it to me and that was what I use in applying for d work permit. On the part of the Aor, I applied with the screen shot of PR payment which was before Aor.

It says if you apply before receiving AOR you need to include
  • proof of the date you submitted or sent in your permanent residence application
  • the receipt showing proof that you paid the permanent residence processing fees
So if you only "applied with the screen shot of PR payment" this might not be sufficient and caused the delay
Just to be safe I'll wait for AOR

Vit1994

Apr 14, 2023

We applied after AOR and waiting for 4 months.
Although the official website says that it’s not so long and I know some cases when people got their WP in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

hitesh101

May 16, 2023
Guys, if anyone joined a telegram group for RNIP applications pls share a link.
I am outland applicant.
My submission to ircc is in Feb 1st week.
Got AOR & BIL in April 2nd week.
Biometrics done in April 3rd week.
Waiting for medical request.

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
It says if you apply before receiving AOR you need to include
  • proof of the date you submitted or sent in your permanent residence application
  • the receipt showing proof that you paid the permanent residence processing fees
So if you only "applied with the screen shot of PR payment" this might not be sufficient and caused the delay
Just to be safe I'll wait for AOR
Actually I applied with both the proof of date I submitted my PR application and the receipt showing the proof of payment. I did everything right on my path.

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
We applied after AOR and waiting for 4 months.
Although the official website says that it’s not so long and I know some cases when people got their WP in 6-8 weeks.
Seems it takes ages for them to approve work permit these days. I thought I was the only one in this situation. At some point, I was even blaming myself for applying before Aor. Seeing someone who applied after Aor still waiting for 4month made me go easy on myself.

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
I need u guys opinion please. It happened that my passport and that of my spouse will expire in few months time so we already had it renewed. The problem now is, we are thinking not to raise a Webform for it because we are afraid it might be a set back for our application. I'm afraid ircc might refer me back to my employer to re-issue another job offer that carries this new passport number. Note that I have submitted my PR application 4months ago and Aor has been issued to me. Will raising a Webform for my passport affect my application process one way or the other? Please house, your thought will go a long way for me and I really appreciate you all.

VladTT

May 11, 2023
I need u guys opinion please. It happened that my passport and that of my spouse will expire in few months time so we already had it renewed. The problem now is, we are thinking not to raise a Webform for it because we are afraid it might be a set back for our application. I'm afraid ircc might refer me back to my employer to re-issue another job offer that carries this new passport number. Note that I have submitted my PR application 4months ago and Aor has been issued to me. Will raising a Webform for my passport affect my application process one way or the other? Please house, your thought will go a long way for me and I really appreciate you all.
I'd say as long as you keep your old passport you're fine. But it's better be sure so I would recheck it with FAQ on Canada's site or ask them if I need to change it or having the old passport will work

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
I'd say as long as you keep your old passport you're fine. But it's better be sure so I would recheck it with FAQ on Canada's site or ask them if I need to change it or having the old passport will work
Thanks for the piece of advice.

Vit1994

Apr 14, 2023
But when the IRCC will send you COPR and request your passports that expired, how you plan to get to Canada with expired passports? I’m not sure that your guys even get in a plane with old documents.

I agree with VladTT, better if your properly check forums and official resources to get rid of doubts.

I have seen some stories about expired documents, but only from people who were in Canada, they went to embassy to renew their documents.

Last edited:

FoRnip

Mar 17, 2023
But when the IRCC will send you COPR and request your passports that expired, how you plan to get to Canada with expired passports? I’m not sure that your guys even get in a plane with old documents.

I agree with VladTT, better if your properly check forums and official resources to get rid of doubts.

I have seen some stories about expired documents, but only from people who were in Canada, they went to embassy to renew their documents.
Thanks for your contribution Vit1994.
Actually I'm thinking I will attached both old and new passport document together when ircc request for it or won't it work that way?

Reactions: drenity

drenity

Jan 6, 2023
Thanks for your contribution Vit1994.
Actually I'm thinking I will attached both old and new passport document together when ircc request for it or won't it work that way?
My thought except. With a note to explain the situation. This is what I will do if I was in your shoes.