+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share the RNIP Processing Time Line

MANPREET KAUR MANN

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello dear ! I applied for RNIP in Sault Ste. Marie. I got my recommendation letter and also applied for the immigration. Is anyone knows what's the next process.

Bobby0723

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Vernon
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Cook
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
What's going to be the total processing time, any idea. And how long it takes after AOR
I hope 4-6months will be take. Whole processing times are no matching among government and communities. There was not announced processing time from government and a news was released RNIP process will be take 12-16months on MovetoCanada web-site, but some communities wrote the processing time on their home page it takes 7months or in 1year.
There are no sure histories still now.

TanBD

Nov 28, 2020
As you may be aware, COVID-19 has impacted the delivery of services in a wide range of areas
throughout the public service. In order to restrict the severity of the outbreak, health authorities have
issued guidance and restrictions that limit IRCC’s ability to process applications, and the Government of
Canada has announced travel restrictions that limit non-essential travel to Canada.
Application Processing
IRCC committed to a 12 month service standard for 80% of RNIP applications from the time an
application is received to the time a final decision is rendered. This process includes the following steps
undertaken by IRCC Officers:  Completeness check review
 Eligibility decision
 Admissibility review (medicals and background checks)  Final decision
However, the department’s ability to review and process RNIP applications has been significantly
impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. For example, health authorities have issued guidelines restricting
the number of employees who can be physically present at a worksite to process paper based
applications such as those submitted under RNIP. Other impacts include the ability to review an
application for completeness and send out the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter in a timely manner. As
a result, IRCC will likely not be able to meet the targeted service standard for some RNIP applications,
and it is challenging to accurately forecast how long it will take to finalize RNIP applications.
However, IRCC has already started to safely and steadily increase processing capacity at its application
processing offices, both in-Canada and abroad. The Department has engaged with its service providing
partners (such as language testing centres and education assessment organizations) to facilitate
application submission during COVID-19 restrictions.
IRCC has also taken measures to reduce the impact on its clients and stakeholders, including RNIP
applicants:  The functionality to electronically sign the Recommendation form  Allowing applicants to apply for a work permit under the RNIP program without the
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) issued on their application for permanent residence.  Other COVID-19 measures can be found here. Furthermore, IRCC continues to commit to a 60 day service standard for RNIP work permits that are
submitted with all required documents. Applications are processed based on the order they are
received, however we encourage you to contact your department representative (DSC) if there is any
specific situation that you feel requires urgent attention and we will do our best to assist you.
Please be advised that travel restrictions may also impact RNIP applicants who have applied for
permanent residence or temporary residence status.
We wish to reassure you that IRCC is working diligently to ensure that the impact to current applicants is
minimized and will keep you informed as we work towards normalizing current business operations and
developing other facilitative measures.

FAQs
Below you will find a number of FAQs which may assist you in answering questions from current and
future RNIP applicants.
Q1. I have not yet submitted my RNIP application to IRCC, may I still do so?
You may submit an application under the RNIP program. You must still provide all required
documents or your application may be returned
If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send
proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the
document and when you’ll likely get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more
delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-
covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Q2. I have already submitted an application. How is COVID-19 affecting my application?
Due to safety measures implemented during COVID-19, IRCC has been working at a reduced capacity
which has impacted processing times for all permanent residence applications, and more
specifically paper based applications.
IRCC has introduced administrative measures and public policies to assist with this unprecedented
situation such as ability for RNIP communities to issue a recommendation [IMM 0112] to RNIP
applicants with an electronic signatures and allowing applicants to apply for a work permit under
the RNIP program without the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) issued on their application for
permanent residence.
Q3. How long will it take to process my application?
RNIP is a recent addition to our suite of existing economic programs and like any new immigration
pilot, official processing times can only be determined a year after program launch.
Furthermore, due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot provide accurate processing
times or commit to pre-COVID 19 service standards. However, IRCC has already begun to safely and
consistently increase processing capacity, and to also consider all possible facilitative measures.
Q4. What if I cannot provide documents requested by an IRCC processing office due to COVID-19?
If an IRCC processing office requested a document, we will give an extra 90 days from the due date
on the request letter and keep extending the deadline by 90 days to submit the requested
document until you can provide it.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-
covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Q5. How long will it take to get a confirmation that my RNIP application has been received?
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all areas of processing RNIP applications including reception of
applications. Health authorities have issued guidelines that limit the number of employees physically
present at work. As a result, we cannot provide an accurate timeline for when you will get an
Acknowledgement of Receipt letter once your application is deemed complete.
IRCC has already started to safely and steadily increase processing capacity at its application
processing offices and is looking into other administrative measures to assist clients such as allowing
applicants to apply for a work permit under the RNIP program without the Acknowledgment of
Receipt (AOR) issued on their application for permanent residence.
You can find more information on travel restrictions and how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting
permanent residence applications here.

TanBD

Nov 28, 2020
This statement is coming from IRCC to Sault Ste Marie community, I hope this may help you to understand the AOR policy for RNIP; I have been waiting for 9 months now, no AOR yet

Reactions: Bobby0723

Bobby0723

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Vernon
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Cook
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
This statement is coming from IRCC to Sault Ste Marie community, I hope this may help you to understand the AOR policy for RNIP; I have been waiting for 9 months now, no AOR yet
Thanks for share.

stephanie0001

Sep 22, 2020
I called CIC agent today and they said they started to process my application and confirmed they got my application on May 25. The agent also gave me the temporary application number. He said we need a little bit more time on verifying information.

Singh101089

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I called CIC agent today and they said they started to process my application and confirmed they got my application on May 25. The agent also gave me the temporary application number. He said we need a little bit more time on verifying information.
Thanks for sharing information

Bobby0723

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Vernon
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Cook
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
Congratulations! I am so happy hear that and thanks for sharing. Keep in touch please!!

MANPREET KAUR MANN

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
That's a great news. And thank you for sharing. keep us posted please!

DP_2020

Dec 7, 2020
Can you share the number details and option you selected while calling to CIC. I tried but there is not any option like RNIP.
Thanks in advance.