+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share my timeline - Add spouse after e-AOR

Apr 6, 2017
Sharing my timeline for your reference if you’re in a similar situation.

• Category: FSW-Outland. All the while the application is in Ottawa. Only at the last step (visa stamping), it is at Singapore visa office.
• 14-Mar-17: E-AOR
• 20-Jun-17: raise CSE to inform CIC about marital status change
• 29-Jun-17: afraid that CSE is not enough, I sent a mail to Ottawa to inform CIC about marital status change
• 27-Jul-17: CIC request spouse kit (medical, police clearance, forms, etc.) I’m given 07 days to upload them to CIC.
• 3-Aug-17: upload all requested papers to CIC account
• 28-Oct-17: PPR
• 7-Nov-17: visa stamped and COPR received

Take away:
• Overall it took me close to 3 months since I upload spouse’s papers to receive PPR.
• Prepare spouse’s papers beforehand as I’m given 7 days to upload. From the forum, there are cases that 30 days are given, but yea please be prepared.

Wishing you all the best.

Shivaagarwal3009

Sep 26, 2017

• Category: FSW-Outland. All the while the application is in Ottawa. Only at the last step (visa stamping), it is at Singapore visa office.
• 29-Jun-17: afraid that CSE is not enough, I sent a mail to Ottawa to inform CIC about marital status change
• 27-Jul-17: CIC request spouse kit (medical, police clearance, forms, etc.) I’m given 07 days to upload them to CIC.

Take away:
• Overall it took me close to 3 months since I upload spouse’s papers to receive PPR.
• Prepare spouse’s papers beforehand as I’m given 7 days to upload. From the forum, there are cases that 30 days are given, but yea please be prepared.

Can you please share exactly what CIC required? I will update CIC about my marriage in 5 days. My MEDS are passed. Hope to hear from you soon.

aasil123

Nov 7, 2017

Take away:

Did they ask you for photos or proof of communication i.e email or faceboom history?

Jul 24, 2018

request spouse kit ?
Please can you tell me from where i can get it and what exactly it contains (what documents should be submitted??