File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
Hi! i'm new here. I just wanna ask about police certificate. I worked in Saudi Arabia last 2011-2013. I have an old saudi police certificate with me with the english translation from saudi. Im a live in caregiver here since june 2013. Im about to apply for my OWP & PR this month. My question is,, Do I have to submit a saudi police certificate for my application? because i heard that i have to submit police certificate from countries i lived for more than 6 months. but i tried to check the cic website it says that "it is only available for current legal residents". does it mean it's okay i don't submit one? or can i use my old saudi police certificate which i used when i applied here as LIC in riyadh. here's what i found on cic website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

If you are not a citizen of Saudi Arabia:

If you live in Saudi Arabia:
Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you live outside of Saudi Arabia:
Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

Anyone here can give me advice? I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance. God bless!

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Hi.i just include the old police clearance that i have when i exit from saudi arabia.d na kc tayo pwede makakuha ng police clearance dun kc nga out of the kingdom na tayo.just write them a letter na ininclude mo na din just in case man para cgurado na hindi ka kulang sa requirements.hope this helps:)

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Tags: Saudi Arabia

After receiving queries from Filipinos in Saudi Arabia and other countries, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh on Friday issued guidelines on obtaining a Saudi police clearance.

In a news release, the embassy said Saudi police clearance comes in two forms:
(1) if the applicant is in Saudi Arabia, he or she is issued the police clearance in the form of a certificate written in Arabic; and,
(b) if the applicant is already outside the Kingdom, the Saudi police authorities stamp and sign the applicant’s fingerprint card stating “No Criminal Record.”

The police clearance is a requirement for those who are seeking employment or applying for residency or citizenship in other countries.

Applying for the police clearance while residing in Saudi Arabia usually takes at least a week but the waiting time is "longer and more complicated when the applicant is already residing outside the Kingdom," the embassy explained.

It advised Filipinos to who think they may need a Saudi police clearance in the future to secure it before leaving or going on their “Final Exit” from the Kingdom.

Procedure for obtaining a police clearance

If the applicant is no longer residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, he or she must:

(1) designate a representative residing in Saudi Arabia who will transact with the embassy and the Saudi authorities regarding the applicant’s Saudi police clearance. The embassy will only entertain or provide related services regarding applications for Saudi police clearance with the presence of a designated representative of the applicant, who will personally transact with the embassy and the Saudi authorities.

(2) send to his designated representative, not to the embassy, the following documents:
A letter authorizing the designated representative to transact on behalf of the applicant;
Duly-accomplished fingerprint card (with prints of all fingers) obtained through the relevant police authority of the country where the applicant is presently residing. If the applicant is in the Philippines, he or she should get a fingerprint card from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) or the Philippine National Police (PNP);
Photocopy of passport used while applicant was resident in Saudi Arabia clearly showing the applicant’s photo/data page and all issued visas;
Copy of applicant’s Saudi residence permit (iqama);
Two recently-taken 2” x 2” colored pictures with white background; and,
Other relevant documents, if any, to support the application for police clearance.

Fees

Filipinos abroad seeking police clearances in Saudi must pay:
a notarial fee of SAR 100 for the Embassy’s “Seen and Noted” stamp on the fingerprint card;
authentication fee of SAR 30.00 for Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ authentication service, and
the applicant’s designated representative should proceed to the Embassy and have the applicant’s fingerprint card stamped with “Seen and Noted.” The representative should also pay the notarial fee of SAR 100
the designated representative should then proceed to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have the fingerprint card authenticated. The representative should also pay the authentication fee of SAR 30.00 to the Saudi Ministry. Over the counter stamping / signature is done by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs within one day.

The designated representative will then proceed to the Dirah Police Headquarters in Riyadh. The designated representative should submit to police officials the fingerprint card. The representative should follow any further instructions by Saudi police officials.

The fingerprint card, with the Saudi police clearance in the form of a stamp stating, NO CRIMINAL RECORD, and signature, is usually issued by the Saudi police within a week. Once released, the representative should make arrangements to send the fingerprint card with the Saudi police clearance back to the applicant.

Applicants residing outside the Kingdom are reminded not to wire money to the Embassy nor send cash along with their documents via courier. The embassy said it will not entertain applicants who are abroad who do not have a designated representative residing in the Kingdom.

More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/315014/pinoyabroad/news/phl-embassy-issues-guidelines-on-obtaining-saudi-police-clearances

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
rrsd0608 said:
Hi.i just include the old police clearance that i have when i exit from saudi arabia.d na kc tayo pwede makakuha ng police clearance dun kc nga out of the kingdom na tayo.just write them a letter na ininclude mo na din just in case man para cgurado na hindi ka kulang sa requirements.hope this helps:)

Hi, thank you for the response! I appreciate it... i also called the saudi embassy in ottawa, they don't accept any requests for police clearance...

Did you just apply for the PR application? Did the CIC say anything about the old police clearance?
Did you have it translated again here in Canada? or did you use the same english translation that you have in saudi?

thanks!

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dimi2015 said:
Tags: Saudi Arabia

After receiving queries from Filipinos in Saudi Arabia and other countries, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh on Friday issued guidelines on obtaining a Saudi police clearance.

In a news release, the embassy said Saudi police clearance comes in two forms:
(1) if the applicant is in Saudi Arabia, he or she is issued the police clearance in the form of a certificate written in Arabic; and,
(b) if the applicant is already outside the Kingdom, the Saudi police authorities stamp and sign the applicant's fingerprint card stating “No Criminal Record.”

The police clearance is a requirement for those who are seeking employment or applying for residency or citizenship in other countries.

Applying for the police clearance while residing in Saudi Arabia usually takes at least a week but the waiting time is "longer and more complicated when the applicant is already residing outside the Kingdom," the embassy explained.

It advised Filipinos to who think they may need a Saudi police clearance in the future to secure it before leaving or going on their “Final Exit” from the Kingdom.

Procedure for obtaining a police clearance

If the applicant is no longer residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, he or she must:

(1) designate a representative residing in Saudi Arabia who will transact with the embassy and the Saudi authorities regarding the applicant's Saudi police clearance. The embassy will only entertain or provide related services regarding applications for Saudi police clearance with the presence of a designated representative of the applicant, who will personally transact with the embassy and the Saudi authorities.

(2) send to his designated representative, not to the embassy, the following documents:
A letter authorizing the designated representative to transact on behalf of the applicant;
Duly-accomplished fingerprint card (with prints of all fingers) obtained through the relevant police authority of the country where the applicant is presently residing. If the applicant is in the Philippines, he or she should get a fingerprint card from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) or the Philippine National Police (PNP);
Photocopy of passport used while applicant was resident in Saudi Arabia clearly showing the applicant's photo/data page and all issued visas;
Copy of applicant's Saudi residence permit (iqama);
Two recently-taken 2” x 2” colored pictures with white background; and,
Other relevant documents, if any, to support the application for police clearance.

Fees

Filipinos abroad seeking police clearances in Saudi must pay:
a notarial fee of SAR 100 for the Embassy's “Seen and Noted” stamp on the fingerprint card;
authentication fee of SAR 30.00 for Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs' authentication service, and
the applicant's designated representative should proceed to the Embassy and have the applicant's fingerprint card stamped with “Seen and Noted.” The representative should also pay the notarial fee of SAR 100
the designated representative should then proceed to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have the fingerprint card authenticated. The representative should also pay the authentication fee of SAR 30.00 to the Saudi Ministry. Over the counter stamping / signature is done by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs within one day.

The designated representative will then proceed to the Dirah Police Headquarters in Riyadh. The designated representative should submit to police officials the fingerprint card. The representative should follow any further instructions by Saudi police officials.

The fingerprint card, with the Saudi police clearance in the form of a stamp stating, NO CRIMINAL RECORD, and signature, is usually issued by the Saudi police within a week. Once released, the representative should make arrangements to send the fingerprint card with the Saudi police clearance back to the applicant.

Applicants residing outside the Kingdom are reminded not to wire money to the Embassy nor send cash along with their documents via courier. The embassy said it will not entertain applicants who are abroad who do not have a designated representative residing in the Kingdom.

More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/315014/pinoyabroad/news/phl-embassy-issues-guidelines-on-obtaining-saudi-police-clearances

Does that mean i can use my old clearance? because i really don't have someone to do it for me in riyadh. most of my friends in saudi arabia are not there anymore...and some of them aren't working in riyadh or jeddah,and it's too dangerous for someone to go out there alone..

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
kimmwahli said:
Hi, thank you for the response! I appreciate it... i also called the saudi embassy in ottawa, they don't accept any requests for police clearance...

Did you just apply for the PR application? Did the CIC say anything about the old police clearance?
Did you have it translated again here in Canada? or did you use the same english translation that you have in saudi?

thanks!
Hello.I applied last May 2014. They did not say anything about the old police clearance and I just use the same english translation in Saudi.

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
rrsd0608 said:
Hello.I applied last May 2014. They did not say anything about the old police clearance and I just use the same english translation in Saudi.

Hi, thank you for responding. I appreciate it :) i contacted the country's embassy where i came from and instructed me to authenticate the request in saudi embassy here in canada, but when i called the saudi embassy in ottawa, they won't even accept any requests for the police clearance. i should include that in my explanation letter,right?
Thank you for sharing your case!

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
On that case just send your police clearance. Ill attach a letter also explaining why you cant get a new or updated one. Just tell them na wala ka na kakilala dun. Im sure they will understand. Alam nila na its hard to get a police clearance sa KSA. Yung husband ko hindi ko na muna pinakuha kasi matagal pa naman nila ioopen and PR application. I read on other blogs na nag submit ng latest police clearance and spouse ng applicant then pinagsubmit uli ng latest kasi expired na... Then ung ibang blog naman snagsubmit la g sya ng letter na nag try na sila talga, nagpakita pa ng proof na tumatawag sa saudi sa mga kakilala pero wala talaga sila mahingian ng pabor na mag asikaso sa embassy, ayun sa awa naman ngbpanginoon e andito na sa Canada. :)

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dimi2015 said:
On that case just send your police clearance. Ill attach a letter also explaining why you cant get a new or updated one. Just tell them na wala ka na kakilala dun. Im sure they will understand. Alam nila na its hard to get a police clearance sa KSA. Yung husband ko hindi ko na muna pinakuha kasi matagal pa naman nila ioopen and PR application. I read on other blogs na nag submit ng latest police clearance and spouse ng applicant then pinagsubmit uli ng latest kasi expired na... Then ung ibang blog naman snagsubmit la g sya ng letter na nag try na sila talga, nagpakita pa ng proof na tumatawag sa saudi sa mga kakilala pero wala talaga sila mahingian ng pabor na mag asikaso sa embassy, ayun sa awa naman ngbpanginoon e andito na sa Canada. :)
i do have some previous colleagues there, but they can't do my favor because of their work schedule and they're living far from the consulate. also, one can't easily go out there alone specially for women. so i totally don't have someone to do it for me..does it mean i will include the chat conversations i had with them even if it's not english? i really did try my best contacting them, even though it's not easy to ask favors from anyone. i'm really hoping cic would understand..*sigh* *crossed fingers*

BeeLa

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimmwahli said:
i do have some previous colleagues there, but they can't do my favor because of their work schedule and they're living far from the consulate. also, one can't easily go out there alone specially for women. so i totally don't have someone to do it for me..does it mean i will include the chat conversations i had with them even if it's not english? i really did try my best contacting them, even though it's not easy to ask favors from anyone. i'm really hoping cic would understand..*sigh* *crossed fingers*
Hello po! Same situation here.. gusto ko lang malaman kung okay napa na letter with explanation lang... hiningan ka ba ulit? ano na po ang nangyari? Salamat :)