+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Several Questions regarding EE Application (Post ITA)

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hello Friends,

My spouse received ITA for Canadian Federal Skilled Worker category, and the due date for our application submission is after 10 days. We have been collecting all the required documents very diligently, and wanted clarifications on some questions before making the final application submission.

1. I realized that when my spouse entered the pool, she didn't add my profile, and hence CRS was calculated based on her profile alone (although she mentioned 'Yes' to the question of "Will your spouse accompany you?"). After adding me (her spouse), the CRS score dropped by 7 points, but it is still well above the cut off score. Do I still need to provide an justification in Letter of Explanation document as to why did the score drop?

2. We have been adding a cover page to almost each and every document to explain what is in that document set and in what order, and somethings which may not be obvious to the officer regarding that document set (e.g. for documents needed for educational qualifications, we have added a cover page to simply indicate "This set contains the following documents in order: 1. M.S Degree Certificate 2. BE Degree Certificate 3. ECA Evaluation etc). My question is, should I write such 'not-so-obvious' things as a cover page before each document set, or will it better to add them in letter of explanation?
Note: Till now. we have only added not-so-obvious things ONLY related to the application in LOE

3. We have not claimed any points based on my work experience. And my company has a standard way of giving reference letter which only specifies my join date and the fact that I am still employed with them. It doesn't specify anything related to my job duties, responsibilities. My question is will it be okay if I use that document (without job responsibilities) since I am not claiming any points based on my work experience?

4. We have sufficient funds in our checking/savings account and that is clearly reflected in the document provided by the bank (that also specifies bank open date, current funds and last 6 months/12 months average balance. My question is, should we still attach the bank statements of last 6 months for each and every account? My 'Proof of Funds' document set has already become very large (by attaching 6 month's statements of each and every credit card - 6 of the between me and my spouse).

Thank you for reading my note, and your time,
Ajeya Gupta

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. Did she mark you as accompanying after receiving ITA? Did the drop in points happen before or after ITA? You don't need to explain the drop in points. But if she added you post ITA then you will probably have to write an loe explaining why you were left out earlier.

2. There will be specific upload tabs for every document. For work experience, for pcc, medicals and so on. So upload relevant documents in each section. If you're providing any additional documents like gift deed, or one and same person affidavit etc then put those into loe and explain them. Not sure if I've answered your question...

3. There are no points given for spouses work experience. Say 'No' while filling work experience section for yourself. Mention your work experience in the personal history section. You don't need to attach any documents.

3. If your bank has already provided you with a letter stating average balance nicer last 6 or 12 months. Then that's all you need. You don't need to attach any credit card statements. You also don't need to attach any statements from other accounts.

Reactions: AjeyaGupta

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
1. Did she mark you as accompanying after receiving ITA? Did the drop in points happen before or after ITA? You don't need to explain the drop in points. But if she added you post ITA then you will probably have to write an loe explaining why you were left out earlier.

2. There will be specific upload tabs for every document. For work experience, for pcc, medicals and so on. So upload relevant documents in each section. If you're providing any additional documents like gift deed, or one and same person affidavit etc then put those into loe and explain them. Not sure if I've answered your question...

3. There are no points given for spouses work experience. Say 'No' while filling work experience section for yourself. Mention your work experience in the personal history section. You don't need to attach any documents.

3. If your bank has already provided you with a letter stating average balance nicer last 6 or 12 months. Then that's all you need. You don't need to attach any credit card statements. You also don't need to attach any statements from other accounts.
Thanks 'Prpurohit' for your reply.
1. She did write 'Yes' for the question of 'Will your spouse accompany you?'. But, somehow before ITA, they didnt calculate points based on my presence (like my spouse's age factor accounted for 110 points before as compared to 100 points when applicant+spouse is considered)

2. My basic question here is, is it okay to have a cover page for each and every uploads, instead of writing every ambiguous things in LoE as whole together? I have been attaching a cover page for every upload to explain what is present in that document set

3. But then, if I don't mention my work experience, I'll by lying (or not writing the correct my employment records), right? Can't I just mention my work experience and upload the document that my company gave me (without job duties), and write a clarification in LoE saying that "I am not claiming points for my work experience"?

4. Oh, so no 6 months statement for credit card? IRCC say to specify all the credit card and debts.

Thanks.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. That's strange. Just explain it exactly the same way in your loe. As long as your points have not dropped below the draw cut off you're fine.

2. It's definitely ok to have a cover page, as long as it's serving as page of contents for the documents to follow. I wouldn't recommend providing explanations on the cover though.

3. There's no question of claiming points. IRCC does not give points for spouse's work experience in the first place. Your work experience holds no value in the application. Theres no question of lying either, because you are going to mention it all in your personal history. This is what is commonly done by all dependant applicants. I did this too and have received my PR.

4. It's not needed. Yes, that statement does confuse a lot of people. But I can assure you that it's not needed.

Reactions: AjeyaGupta

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
1. That's strange. Just explain it exactly the same way in your loe. As long as your points have not dropped below the draw cut off you're fine.

2. It's definitely ok to have a cover page, as long as it's serving as page of contents for the documents to follow. I wouldn't recommend providing explanations on the cover though.

3. There's no question of claiming points. IRCC does not give points for spouse's work experience in the first place. Your work experience holds no value in the application. Theres no question of lying either, because you are going to mention it all in your personal history. This is what is commonly done by all dependant applicants. I did this too and have received my PR.

4. It's not needed. Yes, that statement does confuse a lot of people. But I can assure you that it's not needed.
Thanks Prpurohit for your continued help on this.
1. Okay, understood

2. Okay, understood

3. What would happen to my NOC code if I decide not to include my work experience, and instead put my experience in personal history section? Additionally, it looks like even if I add my work experience in 'work' section, and upload reference letter without job responsibilities, it should not matter (even if my reference letter will look 'incomplete')

4. So, what document to attach for credit card? Just say in a cover page that 'these' are the credit card under my spouse and my name?

Thanks,
Ajeya

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
3. Only primary applicant is required to identify an NOC code. The only time spouse's work experience matters is when it's from within Canada. So as a dependent if you have canadian work experience then you will be able to add points. Hence there's a work experience section for spouses.

Correct, it does not matter, but the officer is then obligated to validate the documents. Thus increasing processing time. The whole point is to make your application as simple and to the point as possible by uploading only absolutely relevant documentation.

4. The letter issued by your bank should be on the official letterhead. It should include your name. Account details. Average balance for past 6 months. If you have all this information then you don't need to mention anything more. Just upload that single document as is. You don't really need to mention credit cards.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/credit-card-in-pof.577636/

A link to another thread discussing the topic. Also you can search the forum for 'credit cards in pof' and find many more threads that will confirm what I'm telling you.

Like I said, try and keep the documents to the minimum. Keep it simple and to the point.

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018

Hi..
I have a doubt regarding my application similar to Point No 3 ..

I mentioned my spouse's work as self employment while creating EE profile.. Now post ITA, they are asking for her employment details. She never paid taxes and was working from home and no references etc are there. She was running a boutique.

Now, some people over here say that delete the row of her work experience as her work ex doesnt count and mention her work details in personal history. Wouldn't it be a kind of misrepresentation ?I think I shoud have not mentioned that in first place.. post ITA, changing that is making me feel doubtful.

Secondly, some suggest just simply write job and duties on a self declaration notarized affidavit. I read somewhere self declaration doesn't count?

please suggest what should I do in such a scenario.

Thanks

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi..

I mentioned my spouse's work as self employment while creating EE profile.. Now post ITA, they are asking for her employment details. She never paid taxes and was working from home and no references etc are there. She was running a boutique.

Now, some people over here say that delete the row of her work experience as her work ex doesnt count and mention her work details in personal history. Wouldn't it be a kind of misrepresentation ?I think I shoud have not mentioned that in first place.. post ITA, changing that is making me feel doubtful.

Secondly, some suggest just simply write job and duties on a self declaration notarized affidavit. I read somewhere self declaration doesn't count?

Thanks
@Gurikem To receive more responses for your question, please post it as a separate thread.

Reactions: Gurikem

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi..

Thanks
So, my recommendation is the same as some others have given. Just delete her part of the work experience. Mention her work experience in the personal history section. Write a simple loe explaining that you made a mistake and you have now moved it to personal history section as her work experience does not add any points. As simple as that.

Firstly, it's completely ok to make mistakes and then correct them. The officials at ircc understand that the application can get confusing. And this particular error is very very common. So don't worry so much about it. And also, you have full freedom to make changes to your application post ITA, as long as it does not affect your points, and back it up with simple and honest explanations.

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi..

Thanks
@Gurikem
Did you include your spouse's work experience after all especially since she is not claiming points for her work experience?

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
So, my recommendation is the same as some others have given. Just delete her part of the work experience. Mention her work experience in the personal history section. Write a simple loe explaining that you made a mistake and you have now moved it to personal history section as her work experience does not add any points. As simple as that.

Firstly, it's completely ok to make mistakes and then correct them. The officials at ircc understand that the application can get confusing. And this particular error is very very common. So don't worry so much about it. And also, you have full freedom to make changes to your application post ITA, as long as it does not affect your points, and back it up with simple and honest explanations.
@prpurohit

Thanks for your reply again. If I don't mention my work history, and instead add my work expierence in 'Personal History', I will still be able to hunt for jobs, and work in a company in Canada, right? I mean not mentioning work history in my IRCC application will not make me ineligible to work in Canada in my work field, right?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Yes, of course. You will both receive separate PRs at the end of the process and will hold equal status in Canada. You can choose to work in any job. There won't be any differentiation between you and your spouse once you land.

Remember that ECA and IELTS is also not mandatory for dependants. One can choose to do it to add points or not. But either way both applicants receive PR.

Last edited: