+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settling in Quebec as a FSW-O

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Dear senior members,
I've recently got my ppr and waiting for the Copr. I will be staying in Montreal for a few days/weeks. I will give a friend's adress in toronto as a mailing adress for my PR card and will get my SIN in canada services in Montreal.
Concerning the health card, I need a proof of adress in toronto or anywhere else other than quebec, right ? So I HAVE to live in another province for some time till I get my health card.

The question is if I decide to settle permanently in Montreal, when can I do so ? Once I get my PR card or till I get my health card from ontario?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you a Ontario provincial nominee? If so, you should settle in Ontario first, get your OHIP. If things not work for you there, then you can move to Montreal.

Reactions: Buho09

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Are you a Ontario provincial nominee? If so, you should settle in Ontario first, get your OHIP. If things not work for you there, then you can move to Montreal.
Not PNP. I am an entry express FSW-o

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear senior members,
I've recently got my ppr and waiting for the Copr. I will be staying in Montreal for a few days/weeks. I will give a friend's adress in toronto as a mailing adress for my PR card and will get my SIN in canada services in Montreal.
Concerning the health card, I need a proof of adress in toronto or anywhere else other than quebec, right ? So I HAVE to live in another province for some time till I get my health card.

The question is if I decide to settle permanently in Montreal, when can I do so ? Once I get my PR card or till I get my health card from ontario?
Please ingore my response. I do not know how FSW-O affects how PR, SIN and care cards application.

The mailing address for your PR card can be different from that of your actual settlement (if that's your question).
So you can be living in quebec and apply for your health card in Quebec with your actual address while your PR card is sent to a friend in Ontario.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If not living on Ontario and not planning on meeting the residency requirements to meet OHIP residency rules you shouldn’t be applying for OHIP. That is healthcare fraud.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear senior members,

You shouldn’t be going to Quebec directly. This is a good way to get your COPR cancelled.